If you could swap Roeder with another premiership manager ...

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which 3?

For me

1. Aidy Boothroyd

Always positive, always articulate, extremely intelligent. An excellent man manager, even though his Watford is relegation bound, his side always give a thorough fights bar the odd few games. This, a sign of excellent man management, excellent motivation skills, excellent leadership quality. He has youth at only 36, he has also got experience on his side with Keith Burkinshaw. He has shown he is a good transfer operators with findings like Rinaldi, Priskins, Hoskins + Williamson, King, Williams and Foster (loan). He's made a few mistakes but he is learning from them and has showns signs of progressions.

2. Roy Keane

Ruthless and resourceful with youth on his side. Excellent transfer operators. So far of all the players he has brought in to Sunderland, vast majority of them make a positive impact to the team. Make his team a replica of Manchester United - attacking minded with steel and grits aplenty.

3. Mark Hughes

Excellent man manager who has tamed problematic players like Bellamy and Savage. Excellent transfer operator who has brought in players like Samba, Nelson, Bentley, Khizanishvili, McCarthy, Mokoena, Jeffers, Ooijer, Warnock all on (very) cheap fees. If there is any downside he seems to be a bit tactically simple.

Guest JamesD

M'ON, Big Sam, and Steve Coppell were my three. They seem to be the best overall managers, not just in terms of football, but in the way the club operates. Would love to see any of those three here.

You seem to be missing the top 4 managers and you've included some non-Prem managers too.

At the moment I'd be thinking Allardyce out of those mentioned.  The club seems in a mess financially and in the set up and he's steadily improved Bolton year on year with little money.  However I'm hoping we'd consider someone other than those lot frankly.

I voted Jol, O'neill, and Big Sam! I cannot stand Mark Hughes, considered Coppell but then its easy to choose a manager off the back of 1 good season, I would have been considering Paul Jewell this time last year. That applies even more so to Roy Keane as he hasnt even had 1 season, and he has the potential to end up another Souness.

Sam A

Moyes

Wor Harry.

All three have achieved with limited funds and produce tactics to maximise the strengths of their players who are actually limited for the most part.

From the list

Big Sam

Mark Hughes

Steve Coppell..................... in that order.

Amazed at the number of people putting up my namesake tbh.  Yes, he does have attributes but there are a fair few downsides as well.  Word is he is far from secure which would only get worse if Spurs fail to finish in the top 7.  Personally, I think he'll get one more year at this level of achievement, no more.

Fucking hell why is Roy Keane on there? I cant believe some people on this board. Keane has done decent in the Championship but so did  Mick McCarthy and look what happend there. Steve Bruce is doing well so do people want him? Next people will be saying they want Niall Quinn as our chairman

Fucking hell why is Roy Keane on there? I cant believe some people on this board. Keane has done decent in the Championship but so did  Mick McCarthy and look what happend there. Steve Bruce is doing well so do people want him? Next people will be saying they want Niall Quinn as our chairman

cos that would mean Sunderland would have Roeder in charge :D

From the list

Big Sam

Mark Hughes

Steve Coppell..................... in that order.

Amazed at the number of people putting up my namesake tbh.  Yes, he does have attributes but there are a fair few downsides as well.  Word is he is far from secure which would only get worse if Spurs fail to finish in the top 7.  Personally, I think he'll get one more year at this level of achievement, no more.

i put Jol because he seems to be competant and not a cunt. It seems to be hard to be a likeable manager nowadays.

Hughes, O'Neill and Jol. Don't know what Spurs are complaining about with Jol, he's the best manager they've had in my lifetime [of football watching] they've got a goodish team [again, the best I can ever remember them having] with a lot of potential and play exciting attacking football. What level of acheivement are they looking for?!