If you could swap Roeder with another premiership manager ...

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tony Mowbray :lol:

I think it will be interesting to see the job he does at West Brom next year when he can make some changes in the summer and have his first full summer transfer window.

Mogga done a great job at Hibs and had them playing the most attractive football in the SPL.

Hughes, O'Neill and Jol. Don't know what Spurs are complaining about with Jol, he's the best manager they've had in my lifetime [of football watching] they've got a goodish team [again, the best I can ever remember them having] with a lot of potential and play exciting attacking football. What level of acheivement are they looking for?!

Saying that though, look at how sh*t their defensive record is considering they've got names like Robinson, Dawson, King, Chimbonda & Lee in there.

Fucking hell why is Roy Keane on there? I cant believe some people on this board. Keane has done decent in the Championship but so did  Mick McCarthy and look what happend there. Steve Bruce is doing well so do people want him? Next people will be saying they want Niall Quinn as our chairman

Keane is yet to prove himself tactically, but it's evident he has excellent motivational and man management skills, and those two attributes can be just as, if not more important than tactical awareness in a coach. Take Alex Ferguson for example, arguably the greatest manager of our time, he is by no means the best tactician on the planet, but the traits he possesses as a human being, combined with a good football brain, have proven more than enough to take him to the very top of the sport. I believe Keane shares several of these qualities, which puts him above the majority of that list from the off. Remember this is his first season, he has his entire career in front him to learn the finer points of management, and i think he's intelligent enough to do so.

Sam Allardyce

Mark Hughes

Roy Keane

Hughes, O'Neill and Jol. Don't know what Spurs are complaining about with Jol, he's the best manager they've had in my lifetime [of football watching] they've got a goodish team [again, the best I can ever remember them having] with a lot of potential and play exciting attacking football. What level of acheivement are they looking for?!

Gets the team playing a good attacking game (most of the time), not bad tactically but far from the quickest in making adjustments during a game.  Has his pre-game plan and sticks with it.  Second leg against just one example.  2-0 down after 8 minutes, need 4 goals to progress.  First substitution on the hour and Defoe brought on with 20 minutes to go.  If that had been Mourinho in charge, Defoe would have been on before the 15 minute mark.

I'd swap him for Jol. Would love to see Spuds have this sh*t as a manager.

We did have Christian Gross, I don't think I could stand going through that again! :lol:

When Jol was being courted by Ajax, Ramos was lined up to be Jol's replacement.  Also Ramos and Comolli are still in regular contact and spent about half an hour deep in conversation after the second leg at WHL but whether he would move on now is questionable.  Claude Puel is more a name being mentioned regularly although one director would have  'Arry tomorrow.  All better options than Roeder though tbh.

Which 3?

For me

1. Aidy Boothroyd

Always positive, always articulate, extremely intelligent. An excellent man manager, even though his Watford is relegation bound, his side always give a thorough fights bar the odd few games. This, a sign of excellent man management, excellent motivation skills, excellent leadership quality. He has youth at only 36, he has also got experience on his side with Keith Burkinshaw. He has shown he is a good transfer operators with findings like Rinaldi, Priskins, Hoskins + Williamson, King, Williams and Foster (loan). He's made a few mistakes but he is learning from them and has showns signs of progressions.

What is up with you and Watford? Boothroyd is an average manager. Can't believe you'd want him over Allardyce, but there you go.

I'd have Sam, Jol or Steve Coppell.  Please.

Guest Invicta_Toon

i really don't like the idea of Big Sam as our manager....we should be looking at a manager who can get results playing attractive football. 

only one manager in the world that has done that in the Premiership

Gets the team playing a good attacking game (most of the time), not bad tactically but far from the quickest in making adjustments during a game.  Has his pre-game plan and sticks with it.  Second leg against just one example.  2-0 down after 8 minutes, need 4 goals to progress.  First substitution on the hour and Defoe brought on with 20 minutes to go.  If that had been Mourinho in charge, Defoe would have been on before the 15 minute mark.

Fair enough, he has his failings, but like I say, how high are Spurs's expectations all of a sudden? Who do you think you could feasibly get that would improve things enough to justify the change? It has to be remembered that Spurs were rubbish not so long ago and are still improving - they're not an established top 5/6 team who are starting to stagnate under the management like you could say we were when SBR was fired. Seems a silly idea to think about removing him now, if you ask me. (Which I'm well aware you didn't ;))

Roy Keane - if we are going to swap,i feel he is the right man for us,shit person but a fantastic manager,one of few manager able to get the best out of any player in their team,also is will be nice to Roeder take the scum down again

Sam Allardyce- Did a fantastic job with Bolton,knows how to handle almost anyone.

Martin O'Neill - Alot of people don't rate him,but i think he is a fantastic manager,this season wasn't his best with Villa but i am sure that he will make them a fantastic side come next season.

Roy Keane - if we are going to swap,i feel he is the right man for us,s*** person but a fantastic manager,one of few manager able to get the best out of any player in their team,also is will be nice to Roeder take the scum down again

Sam Allardyce- Did a fantastic job with Bolton,knows how to handle almost anyone.

Martin O'Neill - Alot of people don't rate him,but i think he is a fantastic manager,this season wasn't his best with Villa but i am sure that he will make them a fantastic side come next season.

FFS, Please explain what makes Keane a fantastic manager? He's doing well in the championship but people are going way over board. I dont get some people 1 minute they are moaning because Roeder aint good enough then they want a manager with no premiership expierence. As i have said before what makes Keane better than the likes of Steve Bruce or Mick McCarthy?

Tbh out of that list i'd only take Big Sam the rest are just average, Jol aint to bad, He's better than Roeder but we need someone better.

Sorry everyone what the complete question should be

"If you could swap Roeder with another premiership manager outside top 4, who would be your choices? Select up to 3"

that still wouldn't explain the inclusion of Keane, Simpson, Mogga and Billy Davies. I'm ignoring the Alan Oliver one.

Roy Keane - if we are going to swap,i feel he is the right man for us,s*** person but a fantastic manager,one of few manager able to get the best out of any player in their team,also is will be nice to Roeder take the scum down again

FFS, Please explain what makes Keane a fantastic manager? He's doing well in the championship but people are going way over board. I dont get some people 1 minute they are moaning because Roeder aint good enough then they want a manager with no premiership expierence. As i have said before what makes Keane better than the likes of Steve Bruce or Mick McCarthy?

Tbh out of that list i'd only take Big Sam the rest are just average, Jol aint to bad, He's better than Roeder but we need someone better.

Well,its kinda simple

he turned SUNDERLAND to a half decent side..

Well,its kinda simple

he turned SUNDERLAND to a half decent side..

Half decent CHAMPIONSHIP side. As i said didnt Mick McCarthy get them promoted with a "half decent" side and look what happend there. How anyone can say Keane is a fantastic manager is pathetic, I guess some people are just easily impressed.

Well,too easily if you see the s*** football they played last season,just to turn them around that fast into a good side is a hard job wich i am more then sure Roeder couldnt do..

Anyway next season (if they are here) we will see if he is a good manager or not..