What is it with the top 4?

Decky

No top 4 team has won at SJP this season because we played well in all 4 games, maybe not brilliant, but definately very good, plus we drew at the Emirates. Why is that though? Why do we put in these performances against the top 4 and not other teams? Is it because the players love the lime light? is it because the world of football is watching? because the players want to make a good impression with the top 4 clubs? It must be something because in alot of our other games this season we have been gutless, pathetic and just disgraceful. Why is it we arnt like that against the bigger clubs? Why can Roeder get us these big results and not in other games? Is it Roeder or the players who are responsible?

I'll give you 2 reasons:

1.We havent lost to any of the top 4(except Chelsea)because we were lucky as hell.Both Man Utd,Liverpool and Arsenal had alot of chances to beat us but they just didnt score

2.The players are playing at their best against the big clubs,because this matches are the real ones where you can compare yourself with the best.Every player wants to play against the best and every player wants to do as good as he can against these teams

When we play against average teams(Man City,Charlton,Fulham etc.)the players needs to be motivated one way or another and here comes Glenn Roeder whos abbility to motivate the players are as shit as hell and thats why we cant get results again these teams

Motivation.

Players up for it against a big team so Roeder doesn't really need to get them up for it.

Roeder not capable of motivating the players for games against lesser sides.

It might have to do with our squad having very little character or leadership.  We play to the level of our opponents because we allow them to dictate the way the game is played.  It's probably not a question of our players consciously raising their level of performance, but always being the in the mode of responding to the situation as oppose to having their own style & tempo and imposing that on the match.

Guest stormrider

It might have to do with our squad having very little character or leadership.  We play to the level of our opponents because we allow them to dictate the way the game is played.  It's probably not a question of our players consciously raising their level of performance, but always being the in the mode of responding to the situation as oppose to having their own style & tempo and imposing that on the match.

Spot on, our players never determine the "mood" or the "level" of the game, they don't have any character to do so. The game is dictated by the other team. They're good, we play better, they're bad and we play worse. Therefore, we are in the middle of the table.

One of the good things about us, is that when we're set out to do a job against a good side, we somehow respond and put in a performance. However, our big problem I feel, is that we approach a game with the likes of Sheff Utd or Fulham in the same way whereas we should be going all guns blazing from the start.

Guest redmayne

because the players don't have a manager in any sense of the word right now

everyone is always motivated to the best in their industry

roeder you are a cunt now please fuck off and do us all a favour

I'll give you 2 reasons:

1.We havent lost to any of the top 4(except Chelsea)because we were lucky as hell.Both Man Utd,Liverpool and Arsenal had alot of chances to beat us but they just didnt score

Arsenal didn't, they were shite.

Motivation.

Players up for it against a big team so Roeder doesn't really need to get them up for it.

Roeder not capable of motivating the players for games against lesser sides.

Worree said.

Tbf Liverpool absolutely panned us at SJP.

no they didn't had a 10 min spell in first half when bellamy finished like bellamy,kuyt had a very good chance in 2nd half,never dominated,they were unlucky to get beat,but saying they panned us is BS.

Guest smoggeordie

no they didn't had a 10 min spell in first half when bellamy finished like bellamy,kuyt had a very good chance in 2nd half,never dominated,they were unlucky to get beat,but saying they panned us is BS.

Which stand did you watch this from then?

gallowgate middle tier

Guest smoggeordie

gallowgate middle tier

Same here. What row?

gallowgate middle tier

Same here. What row?

L.....thats as much as you're getting,i'm shy :blush:

Guest smoggeordie

gallowgate middle tier

Same here. What row?

L.....thats as much as you're getting,i'm shy :blush:

:(

Guest smoggeordie

NSG gets pwnd trying to catch madras out then tries to be friendly tbh.

Dave "I think i'm witty because I comment on other peoples mistake and try to get a cheap laugh. Oh wait I don't bother going to games do I" the Mod comes to the rescue again. ;)

Dave "I think i'm witty because I comment on other peoples mistake and try to get a cheap laugh. Oh wait I don't bother going to games do I" the Mod comes to the rescue again. ;)

admitting it was a mistake eh?

Guest smoggeordie

admitting it was a mistake eh?

Aye.