Niall Quinn: Tyne/Wear derby the most passionate in England

Stevie

The stereotypes aren't always wrong. 

Geordies - fat c***s, who are good lads and like a drink

Scots - very fat c***s, some of whom are good lads and like a drink

Mancs - arrogant c***s but funny

Brummies - BORING BASTARDS

Even when they're funny it's hard to laugh because they sound so boring.

:lol: :lol:

Stevie ... there seems to be one large English group missing from your list... care to share?

haha beat me to it

:lol: :lol:

Stevie ... there seems to be one large English group missing from your list... care to share?

haha beat me to it

I don't hate scousers, I've met some great scousers and at least they have life in them unlike miserable bastards in the Midlands.

90% of what is wrong with Liverpool the place in my head, is derived from Liverpool FC their supporters, their ex players, their attitudes, their denials and their incredible arrogance.  Some cunt like scouseman or Rafa will pipe up with "bitter, jealous etc..." arguably true, but they're still cunts. 

Oh, and Stevie, as to your comment about nobody going to Birmingham for any reason other than football is somewhat off the mark, given the fact it is the third most visited city in Britain after London and Edinburgh, attracts far more overseas convention and conference visitors than anywhere with the exception of London, and is even located slap bang in the middle of the country's rail and road networks. Don't let facts get in the way, though.

Here's a fact - it's a shithole.  Was waiting at a bus-stop near Moseley and the guy who got on in front of me was drinking a cold tin of soup, from the tin, and had no money to pay for his journey.  He simply got on, stood there, then got off again.  Not atypical, this.

There's a complete lack of respect from most people.  No bugger can drive properly to save their life.  I honestly hope never to visit the place again, f****** awful.

I came to a Newcastle - Villa match in the 80s and watched some brave, local moron put a brick in a girl's face at point blank range.

Hey, maybe I should form an opinion of the whole region based on that one incident?

Oh, and Stevie, as to your comment about nobody going to Birmingham for any reason other than football is somewhat off the mark, given the fact it is the third most visited city in Britain after London and Edinburgh, attracts far more overseas convention and conference visitors than anywhere with the exception of London, and is even located slap bang in the middle of the country's rail and road networks. Don't let facts get in the way, though.

Here's a fact - it's a shithole.  Was waiting at a bus-stop near Moseley and the guy who got on in front of me was drinking a cold tin of soup, from the tin, and had no money to pay for his journey.  He simply got on, stood there, then got off again.  Not atypical, this.

There's a complete lack of respect from most people.  No bugger can drive properly to save their life.  I honestly hope never to visit the place again, f****** awful.

Miserable people if you ask me.

You really are like a walking, talking (I assume you manage those) version of the Daily Star crossed with the OH MY GOD!!! rage of Richard Littlejohn.

Except you make even less sense.

You really are like a walking, talking (I assume you manage those) version of the Daily Star crossed with the OH MY GOD!!! rage of Richard Littlejohn.

Do the Daily Star say brummies are boring cunts too?

Do the Daily Star say brummies are boring c***s too?

I don't read the Daily Star, Stevie, because one thing I do know is that it is full of shite.

Can't speak for any of the cockney or Manc derbies, but for passion our's pees all over the Merseyside one. Fans happily mingle and speak up when in the 'enemy' stands during the Merseyside derbies I've been to - probably due to Liverpool regarding ManU as the true North West rivals (I'm sure that if Everton were one of the big four it would be different).

It depends where you sit really. In most parts of Goodison and Anfield you can get away with sitting in with home fans but if you went into the Lower Gwladys or the Anfield Rd End as an away fan in a derby then I don't think it would be pretty.

Stevie- Liverpool fans throwing stuff is nothing new. We get spit, coins and piss every year because their club lets their fans sit in the tier directly above the away section instead of segregating it properly.

Anyway, since when did most passionate mean most trouble?

I was in the Gladys street lower tier in 2002 or 2003 (can't remember which) - Gerrard scored early doors.

Heard nothing but whinging reds fans!

Maybe people were too depressed to kick off. :lol:

If I'm thinking of the right one it was an early saturday game and a gutless performance by us. I hated that day.

Yeah it was an early kick off.

Still maintain that I saw more passion in a Liverpool ManU game than the derbies though, though with Everton improving recently maybe this has also changed, its been a while since I was at one

Pretty much all other continental derbies piss all over ours.

Aye, when was the last time we murdered a copper?

Guest teepee

the tyne/wear certainly is much more intense than spurs/gunners - at least that's what i find from watching both within the same season.

in denmark the brøndby/Copenhagen is pretty decent, but it has been seriously devalued lately due to an extra scandinavian competition, resulting in the them playing eachother way too often.

as for testa mora's comment - i dont agree, the tension i experienced in connection with tyne/wear was extreme - and i don't agree that you'll find that much worse in many places...

Aye, when was the last time we murdered a copper?

Every other continental derby involved the death of a copper?

I'll stick a wink on the end next time petal.

and you've seen them all first hand...  Boca v River pisses on all derbies, OF close second, after that there's nothing that stands out. 

Guest kingdawson

Spurs - Arsenal never seems to be that bad.

That's because Arsenal have never really cared about Spurs for the past umpteen years as they've been so insignificant.  They care far more about their games with Man Utd.

pure rubbish tbh. Any true Gooner will tell you that the North London derby is the game they all get excited to and want to win the most. Never really cared about us?? like last season you mean?

The stereotypical point of view of someone pretending to know the score, but basically knowing fuck all would say:

Fenerbahce v Galatasaray - 5,000 at one of these derbies in the last 10 years, why?  Because the European Basketball Final was on the telly.

Lazio v Roma - probably the most intense in Italy

Ajax v Feyenoord - not a local derby, and overrated

Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid - pretty one sided hatred

Sporting v Benfica - shite

Sevilla v Betis - away fans in the home end, must be a bitter rivalry

So tell me Testa which derbies "all over Europe" were you referring to?

So tell me Testa which derbies were you referring to?

Guest kingdawson

derbies that piss over tyne/wear derby imo (worldwide)

Sevilla vs Real Betis

Barca vs Real (even though its not really a derby)

Lazio vs Roma

Inter vs Milan

Boca vs River

Celtic vs Rangers

Villa vs Birmingham

Spurs vs Arsenal

thats from the top of my head.

That's because Arsenal have never really cared about Spurs for the past umpteen years as they've been so insignificant.  They care far more about their games with Man Utd.

pure rubbish tbh. Any true Gooner will tell you that the North London derby is the game they all get excited to and want to win the most. Never really cared about us?? like last season you mean?

I do agree if you speak to a lot of Arsenal fans they think Spurs fans are cunts, but for a few years I think they hated Man Utd more.  However, both Spurs and Arsenal fans are amongst the least passionate in British football, which basically equates to a piss poor derby atmosphere.

Sevilla vs Real Betis

Lazio vs Roma

Inter vs Milan

Boca vs River

Celtic vs Rangers

Villa vs Birmingham

Spurs vs Arsenal

What a bell end  ;D  Hartlepool v Darlington is more intense than the North London derby, OF and Buenos Aires I accept.

can't speak onthe boca/river affair but what the others all have in common is "one city"...ours doesn't have that,to a large extent we don't mix,close examples would be liverpool/man utd or derby/forest....close enough to know each other well but far enough to stop it being rivalry and as has been touched onin another thread something that stretches way beyond football.

Guest kingdawson

I do agree if you speak to a lot of Arsenal fans they think Spurs fans are c***s, but for a few years I think they hated Man Utd more.  However, both Spurs and Arsenal fans are amongst the least passionate in British football, which basically equates to a piss poor derby atmosphere.

agreed that arse fans are boring cunts and and about as passionate as a snooker fan but how are spurs fans the least passionate in British football?

Sevilla vs Real Betis

Lazio vs Roma

Inter vs Milan

Boca vs River

Celtic vs Rangers

Villa vs Birmingham

Spurs vs Arsenal

What a bell end  ;D  Hartlepool v Darlington is more intense than the North London derby, OF and Buenos Aires I accept.

Big it might not be, but Hartlepool and Darlo absolutely despise each other.

Has anyone seen Eifion Williams' second in the last derby? Uber-brilliant.

can't speak onthe boca/river affair but what the others all have in common is "one city"...ours doesn't have that,to a large extent we don't mix,close examples would be liverpool/man utd or derby/forest....close enough to know each other well but far enough to stop it being rivalry and as has been touched onin another thread something that stretches way beyond football.

Exactly, but thick cunts can't see that.

I do agree if you speak to a lot of Arsenal fans they think Spurs fans are c***s, but for a few years I think they hated Man Utd more.  However, both Spurs and Arsenal fans are amongst the least passionate in British football, which basically equates to a piss poor derby atmosphere.

agreed that arse fans are boring c***s

hehe and most of your fans are from the same areas which the Arsenal fans are from.  Tell me a less passionate group of fans in England than Spurs, of all the clubs who get over 30,000.