Boro Press Conference at 1pm

Optimistic Nut

Never thought Woodgate woulde drop that low to be fair, mid-table obscurity and playing in front of a half empty stadium every other week....They must have offered him a massive weekly wage.  Id kill myself laughing if they were relegated next year  ;D

What the fuck you on about, we are mid table mediocrity at the moment with that numpty in charge so between us and Boro at the moment there's not much difference.

Hold on, doesn't Saviola play for Barcelona?

Yeah, but he's a made a verbal agreement to sign for Real Madrid.

Ah that makes more sense. I was reading it as 'Middlesborough sign Saviola from Real Madrid on a free transfer.'

Guest triggy99

woodgates easily better than terry if he could stay fit

If I had picked 6 correct lotto numbers this week I would be a millionaire.

ok so even though woodgate has been fit for the majority of this season you still would have him?

one of the best defenders in the world for 7-8mil= bargain

ok so even though woodgate has been fit for the majority of this season you still would have him?

one of the best defenders in the world for 7-8mil= bargain

One summer n all that.

End of the day, this has been his most injury free season since he became a professional footballer, it could be a one off, it could be a sign of things to come, but ATM, we can't afford to take on another crock, were crippled with the ones we've got already.

No you wouldn't, there were two other winners.

Guest triggy99

ok so you would gamble on buying woodgate who is one of the best players in the world when we normally go and waste 10mil on rubbish like luque

Guest triggy99

No you wouldn't, there were two other winners.

dave i was going to look that up but couldnt be bothered lol.

ok so you would gamble on buying woodgate who is one of the best players in the world when we normally go and waste 10mil on rubbish like luque

Yeah I said we should go and buy another Luque.

If we spend £6.7m on Woodgate and he gets injured we will be left with Taylor, Ramage, Huntington and if we are lucky Edgar.

It all depends on how much we have to spend but I am guessing we don't have £6.7m to risk.

Guest triggy99

i didnt say you would want to buy another luque. i say thats what we normally do. and when i said we should buy woodgate i dont think we should just buy him. i would buy a whole new defence

Guest triggy99

If we spend £6.7m on Woodgate and he gets injured we will be left with Taylor, Ramage, Huntington and if we are lucky Edgar.

It all depends on how much we have to spend but I am guessing we don't have £6.7m to risk.

bramble and moore havnt left yet

Maybe Roeder is thinking the same as you so I don't see how this makes him and idiot or whatever you called him?

Is Wenger, Mourinho, Ferguson etc... Idiots? I am sure some of them would like a world class defender for £6.7m, especially Chelsea and its not as if they are short on funds.

bramble and moore havnt left yet

Well thats me sold :D I am 100% confident Moore will be gone and 99% confident Bramble will be aswell.

Guest triggy99

Maybe Roeder is thinking the same as you so I don't see how this makes him and idiot or whatever you called him?

Is Wenger, Mourinho, Ferguson etc... Idiots? I am sure some of them would like a world class defender for £6.7m, especially Chelsea and its not as if they are short on funds.

man utd have ferdinand and vidic. chelsea have terry and carvalhio, arsenal have toure and gallas. we have taylor and bramble  :uglystupid2:

He's worth every penny as long as he stays fit, and the smoggies got him on loan this season so he can prove his fitness. He's done that. Its a shame that he's signing for them because he is one of the best defenders in the world but i cam understand why in a way. Its his hometown, and the way he's stayed away from injuries is probably making him think he is best at Boro. They probably have a much better medical team than us.

He's worth every penny as long as he stays fit, and the smoggies got him on loan this season so he can prove his fitness. He's done that. Its a shame that he's signing for them because he is one of the best defenders in the world but i cam understand why in a way. Its his hometown, and the way he's stayed away from injuries is probably making him think he is best at Boro. They probably have a much better medical team than us.

That's a major achievement....

Guest kingdawson

wow a lot of people on here over-rate Woodgate to a ridiculous extent.I mean the guy's a very good defender but to describe him as "world class"and "one of the best players in the world" is laughable tbh.

wow a lot of people on here over-rate Woodgate to a ridiculous extent.I mean the guy's a very good defender but to describe him as "world class"and "one of the best players in the world" is laughable tbh.

He's as good as, if not better than Ledley King, who many of your lot seem to think is world class.

He's as good as, if not better than Ledley King, who many of your lot seem to think is world class.

Oh come on, the guy (Woody) made Bramble and Andy O look good.

Woody is far greater than King (who himself is a very good defender). If it wasn't for his off the field activities and injury record he would have been an england regular

Guest kingdawson

Ever heard anyone from gg ever describe King as "one of the best players in the world"?

Guest Billy Whitehurst

Am I the only person to spot the irony in someone called 'kingdawson' claiming Woodgate is overrated.

Dawson, the only man Shearer outpaced in his last two seasons at the club.