Its Roeder

lovejoy

Very disappointing news if it's true, certainly shows that for nearly 3 months Shepherd has got nowhere. It seems many people at the club and fans (no suprise there) have had knee jerk reactions to what's gone on in the past couple of months and caved in. Roeder is a great coach there is no denying that, but he isn't a great manager.

Guest Gemmill

Although people have dismissed due to Shepherd's statement which by the way says no comment and doesn't dismiss anything, I think there has to be some truth in it. The Chronicle would not run the risk by putting it on the front page if there was no truth in it because it would make them look stupid.

If Oliver's got it wrong I will laugh my knackers off.  Roeder with Brett Emerton as his number 2.

Very disappointing news if it's true, certainly shows that for nearly 3 months Shepherd has got nowhere. It seems many people at the club and fans (no suprise there) have had knee jerk reactions to what's gone on in the past couple of months and caved in.

you never know. This may be the only one who is left. All of the decent ones may have turned us down. After all we are not a 'big' club anymore

Guest alankhaw

Very disappointing news if it's true, certainly shows that for nearly 3 months Shepherd has got nowhere. It seems many people at the club and fans (no suprise there) have had knee jerk reactions to what's gone on in the past couple of months and caved in.

you never know. This may be the only one who is left. All of the decent ones may have turned us down. After all we are not a 'big' club anymore

good point. we haven't been in the top 4 and champs league for quite a while

Guest Alan_Shearer

You see they report that the fans will be 'delighted' if glen is appointed. But we all hate the idea lol, whats up with that? I wish Freddy read these damn forums.

I mean we all loved souness when we had a winning streak of 7! Its just gonna happen again, it'll all turn to shit!

roeder's took over a relegation-bound disgrace of a side, shorn of its key players, reduced to having poor or unproven players like chopra, ramage, boumsong, faye, pattison, ameobi in the side, and delivered, over almost half a season, title winning form. yeah, he's shite.

You see they report that the fans will be 'delighted' if glen is appointed. But we all hate the idea lol, whats up with that? I wish Freddy read these damn forums.

I mean we all loved souness when we had a winning streak of 7! Its just gonna happen again, it'll all turn to shit!

His longest run of wins was 3 games. The last time we did a run of 5 was 2001/2002

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~820677,00.html

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

His longest run of wins was 3 games. The last time we did a run of 5 was 2001/2002

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~820677,00.html

all competions

Surely Oliver wouldn't cover the front page of the Chron if its not concrete??? blueconfused.gif

I would have thought he would lose his job if it didn't turn out to be Roeder?

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!111

This comment is not directed at anyone in particular but  :mad: I don't know what is going on with the fans who seem about ready to throw themselves off the Tyne Bridge because Roeder's maybe got the job.  :mad:

Honestly a lot of you guys would leave the best brains of the medical world in total confusion about how to treat you....It's either Ritalin for the ADHD (when you're up as high as a kite about beating Sunderland - (and by the way, WHO turned that game around with his half-time team talk?!)) or maybe it's Prozac your need for your manic depression (seen with the doom-merchants predicting relegation the instant that Roeder gets the job, e.g. "it'll all turn to shit"  bluedead.gif)  or possibly it's electro-convulsive therapy for those fans who are quiet frankly having delusions...

:mad:

If it turns out to be Roeder, then fine - but I'm honestly beginning to think the club's biggest problem is the influence of a section of the fans whose attitude seems to be "nobody's good enough - so no matter who it is, I'm going to bitch and moan about things"...

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

im not going to trawl through this thread hunting to see if this has already been disscussed, but IF this is true then whatever happened to all of FFS comments about we have had all these top managers apply and this is like the 8th best job in world football or there is only 6 managers in the world that are capable of taking the job and doing well?

none of which are my words but the words of FFS.

Does he seriously expect us to now believe that Glenn is the BEST MAN for the job? I cant get my tiny little head round it. Is it just me?

Guest s0ftcore

Probably unbeaten run of 7 but it was clear Souness didn't have direction. Look at the way we play then and now.

I say if we give him a chance we'll have a higher chance of winning silverware then with other managers right now. Why do people say he has a shite record for transfers?

As for tactical; we've never been anything more than a 4-4-2 side. SBR sticked with it - does that mean he was tactically inept? Granted we have struggled with the bigger teams under Roeder but

It's not his fault Ramage decided to play like a cock against Man U and it's not his fault Boum decided kicking air was cooler than clearing the ball

I am for Roeder and I don't think we will end up in a Souness situation nor a Stuart Pearce situation either. We've got a better core of players than City and Roeder has handled the team very well - we see a team that can actually come from behind unlike Souness.

Agree with the post by GeordieMessiah about the superiority complex. Just because we're the one-eyed king among the blind (Sunderland, Boro)  :roll:

doesn't mean we're the kings of England. And also, why fix it if it isn't broken? Newcastle under Roeder isn't broken. Can see us winning the League Cup next season if Roeder's in charge - but would like to see us challenge for the FA Cup, European spot in the league, and if possible, the UEFA Cup which I'm sure Roeder is capable of handling

Guest Hodgson09

I think he is the best man for the job tbh, look at Keegan he knew what it was all about up here and created a fantastic team, Sir Bobby knew what it was all about up here and did the same, Roeder is the next in line, don't discount him because he isn't a BIG name because we have had the big names and they fucked us over and nearly every one of them has almost had us relegated. Roeder doesn't come with the ego of these top managers who like new dominant male lions go through the pride killing and ejecting other young males and cubs. Roeder won't do that! he will build on what he has got, we don't need a big name we need an up and coming manager. If Martin Jol was appointed here instead of Spurs i'm sure we would hear the same thing, what has he won?

not much, and he has two brothers Cock and Dick, so he must be crap.(it's true by the way http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Jol check the trivia part at the bottom). Give Roeder the chance he has earned, Souness never earned his chance, yet he has won a few trophies and has just as many credentials as O'Neil.

The major plus for Roeder is that he wants the job, these other guys who we have offered it to don't, maybe we aren't offering enough money, but I'm sorry if they aren't interested I don't want them any where near our team. I want someone who understands us who understands when the crowd here sees football how it's meant to be played give the manager another player on the pitch. If Roeder is our gaffer he deserves our support, yes I know he isn't this big name who has won a bag load of medals, but neither were any of those managers until they won their first!!! I'm a romantic and Roeders first medal could well be the first of many for us, it's a great thought. Everyone has their right to an opinion optimistic or otherwise, lets not fight about it just accept it for what it is.

We support a great football club they just haven't realized it yet.

Guest whitey

Wrote this in the other thread but think it's more useful here:

Paddy power has suspended betting on Roeder becoming full-time boss.

CODE

First season        Second season

Gillingham 7th      Relegated

Watford 7th          Relegated

West Ham 7th        Relegated

Newcastle 7th...

He wasn't in charge at the end of the second season, when all 3 went down.

All teasing aside, I don't think he's the man to take Newcastle on. With the money invested in Newcastle, results will be needed to start paying back some of the fees and pushing on for Europe. I just can't see Roeder achieving it. If you thought Robson was bad with handling the fiery players, Roeder is worse.

Wrote this in the other thread but think it's more useful here:

Paddy power has suspended betting on Roeder becoming full-time boss.

CODE

First season Second season

Gillingham 7th Relegated

Watford 7th Relegated

West Ham 7th Relegated

Newcastle 7th...

He wasn't in charge at the end of the second season, when all 3 went down.

All teasing aside, I don't think he's the man to take Newcastle on. With the money invested in Newcastle, results will be needed to start paying back some of the fees and pushing on for Europe. I just can't see Roeder achieving it. If you thought Robson was bad with handling the fiery players, Roeder is worse.

Remind again what position are we in and what Position were we in when Roeder took over?

I think he is the best man for the job tbh, look at Keegan he knew what it was all about up here and created a fantastic team, Sir Bobby knew what it was all about up here and did the same, Roeder is the next in line, don't discount him because he isn't a BIG name because we have had the big names and they fucked us over and nearly every one of them has almost had us relegated. Roeder doesn't come with the ego of these top managers who like new dominant male lions go through the pride killing and ejecting other young males and cubs. Roeder won't do that! he will build on what he has got, we don't need a big name we need an up and coming manager. If Martin Jol was appointed here instead of Spurs i'm sure we would hear the same thing, what has he won?

not much, and he has two brothers Cock and Dick, so he must be crap.(it's true by the way http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Jol check the trivia part at the bottom). Give Roeder the chance he has earned, Souness never earned his chance, yet he has won a few trophies and has just as many credentials as O'Neil.

The major plus for Roeder is that he wants the job, these other guys who we have offered it to don't, maybe we aren't offering enough money, but I'm sorry if they aren't interested I don't want them any where near our team. I want someone who understands us who understands when the crowd here sees football how it's meant to be played give the manager another player on the pitch. If Roeder is our gaffer he deserves our support, yes I know he isn't this big name who has won a bag load of medals, but neither were any of those managers until they won their first!!! I'm a romantic and Roeders first medal could well be the first of many for us, it's a great thought. Everyone has their right to an opinion optimistic or otherwise, lets not fight about it just accept it for what it is.

em no he doesn't. He has said many times he is not interested

Guest nufc1984

I cannot believe the hysterical over-reactions of some folk on this board today...I'm not gonna get upset if it's definitely Roeder taking over. We've had worse managers. Roeder is a former player, he knows the club inside out, he knows the fans, what they want, what they expect, and he certainly knows how to motivate the team, and he has worked wonders since he took over in February. In addition, he knows the youth squad, and I think that is a major benefit.

Why is it so many people here never seem to realise that the answer to our problems may be right under our noses. To be honest, I think anyone not prepared to give Roeder a break and see how he goes next season - assuming this isn't just gossip.

I'd never heard of Martin Jol before he went to Spurs, but look what he's achieved that Jacques Santini (a supposed big name right?) just couldn't... Souness was a big name, and a big something else as well, Dalglish was a big name, Gullit was a big name... but with Keegan, to be honest, we really took a bit of a punt didn't we?

I shake my head in disbelief at some of my fellow fans sometimes, I really do... :mad:

The only reservations I would have are (1) who would do the transfer dealings etc and (2) whether Shepherd going to sort out the backroom staff and get a proper DOF and medical staff in? If Roeder is the man chose, I think Houllier or possibly Sven should come in with him as DOF.

Exactly my point of view

Hear hear!

Guest geordiebaz

most successful managers in recent history have been Robson and Keegan coz understood the club, Roeder is the same understands what is required therefore give him a go the big names havent worked in the past, just one point what about his badges?

Guest Hodgson09

Been looking into to doing the badges myself, it costs around 6,000 pound for Pro License and you are invited to sit the course, i think it takes 2 weeks.

Guest The Fox

"The major plus for Roeder is that he wants the job"

What nonsense.

According to Freddie, a host of top quality Managers wanted the job.

Roeder has achieved nothing in his previous Managerial jobs, anybody would have been an improvement after Souness.

anybody would have been an improvement after Souness.

Spot on.

Another thing is I keep thinking how Pearce did at Man City when he stood in after Keegan left, he had a good run but look at them now.

They're even worse off than they were before.

Guest geordiebaz

Go on everyone destroy the guy from day one, call yourself fans then gve the guy your ful support I couldnt care about what he achieved at Gillinghma, wtford and west ham look at his record at Newcastle and compare it with previous managers over same period bet win ratio higher than most, Go on Glenn prove the fickle bunch wrong.

Go on everyone destroy the guy from day one, call yourself fans then gve the guy your ful support I couldnt care about what he achieved at Gillinghma, wtford and west ham look at his record at Newcastle and compare it with previous managers over same period bet win ratio higher than most, Go on Glenn prove the fickle bunch wrong.

Sooopa fan  :roll: