Its Roeder

lovejoy

Go on everyone destroy the guy from day one, call yourself fans then gve the guy your ful support I couldnt care about what he achieved at Gillinghma, wtford and west ham look at his record at Newcastle and compare it with previous managers over same period bet win ratio higher than most, Go on Glenn prove the fickle bunch wrong.

Being a Caretaker Manager is so much different to being a proper manager. The pressure will be on. He will have to do well, he has to get it right or he is out of a job. Trust me Glenn Roeder will be a completely different person and coach if he is hired full time and the football we play will be as well. Our current run is not a sign of things to come. Our current run is like that because the pressure isn't on Roeder, it doesn't matter if he succeeds or not so he can do things whatever way.

Guest geordiebaz

Go on everyone destroy the guy from day one, call yourself fans then gve the guy your ful support I couldnt care about what he achieved at Gillinghma, wtford and west ham look at his record at Newcastle and compare it with previous managers over same period bet win ratio higher than most, Go on Glenn prove the fickle bunch wrong.

Being a Caretaker Manager is so much different to being a proper manager. The pressure will be on. He will have to do well, he has to get it right or he is out of a job. Trust me Glenn Roeder will be a completely different person and coach if he is hired full time and the football we play will be as well. Our current run is not a sign of things to come. Our current run is like that because the pressure isn't on Roeder, it doesn't matter if he succeeds or not so he can do things whatever way.

To say that any professional in any sport doesnt feal pressure is wrong, most pressure comes from fans who loook to destroy you from day 1, Roeder was not my 1st choice but he will have my full support until he proves he doesnt deserve it and all fans should give him the same.

To say that any professional in any sport doesnt feal pressure is wrong, most pressure comes from fans who loook to destroy you from day 1, Roeder was not my 1st choice but he will have my full support until he proves he doesnt deserve it and all fans should give him the same.

Why would Glenn Roeder feel pressure if come next week, he wont be in the job but will be back in the academy with the youngsters. Of course he isn't feeling pressure, he has nothing to prove and has nothing to lose or gain because he is in a temporary position.

Why would Glenn Roeder feel pressure if come next week, he wont be in the job but will be back in the academy with the youngsters. Of course he isn't feeling pressure, he has nothing to prove and has nothing to lose or gain because he is in a temporary position.

He's also in a no lose situation, no one expected much and he wouldn't have been blame if things hadn't gone well, it was Souness's mess not his.

Agree with Geordiebaz thumbup.gif - and in any case "the pressure" would be on for ANY new manager...especially with the fickle, incredibly hard-to-please section of the Toon Army that are already (ALREADY!!!  mental.gif) one step away from calling for Roeder's head!

Truly it is a poison chalice. If he takes it on, then as far as I'm concerned, he will automatically merit a mention in the Queen's Birthday honours "for valour in the face of ignorance in football".

Read my post properly. I am not talking about the pressure of a new manager, I am talking about the pressure of a caretaker manager. There is none but if he gets the job, there will be as you already say. Pressure changes people and often teams. Thats why I am saying if he is hired, don't expect the same football we have played the past two months

He's also in a no lose situation, no one expected much and he wouldn't have been blame if things hadn't gone well, it was Souness's mess not his.

You're right, Roeder didn't get any stick whatsoever when we lost 4 in a row because most fans thought he was doing us a favour standing in more than anything else.

He wouldn't get off so lightly if it happened next season IMO.

Guest The Fox

Roeder was in a no lose situation as caretaker. Nobody expected much and if he had not had the current run, nobody would have blamed him or been surprised.

Different taking over full time, wheeling and dealing in the transfer market, not his strongest suit, and facing up to a full season.

the pressure was on roeder as soon as he decided he was interested in the job. from that point on, he knew every single result could determine his future. no pressure my arse.

Yeah but most of the time he has been caretaker, he has not been interested in the job. Therefore no pressure on him. After all he aint gonna be sacked if we play crap because he's the caretaker manager. He could put Ameobi in goal and get away with it. Absolutely no pressure on him. Caretaker managers don't have pressure. There is pressure when you have to meet coursework deadlines because you are working towards a grade, there is pressure when you are at work selling whatever because you are working to make money to live. You are working to achieve nothing as a caretaker manager and you will lose nothing if you don't perform so there is no pressure on you.

Guest nufc16

the main pressure this season came from freddy's statement that anything less than 6th would be failure. it'll be interesting to see if he'll say anything like that next season.

Sorry to be a bit of a stickler but is there anything official yet or is it just hearsay (probably heresy where we're concerned!)????

My mate from glasgow told me that newcastle had inquired into getting roeder onto the scottish coaching course or whatever their equivalent is.... (he also told me we were getting O'niel weeks ago so take trhis with a pinch of salt??)

Sorry to be a bit of a stickler but is there anything official yet or is it just hearsay (probably heresy where we're concerned!)????

My mate from glasgow told me that newcastle had inquired into getting roeder onto the scottish coaching course or whatever their equivalent is.... (he also told me we were getting O'niel weeks ago so take trhis with a pinch of salt??)

Well it was all over the front and back pages of the Evening Chronicle and they seem about 99.9% certain it is him

Well, I can't say I'm dissapointed.... He really hasn't done badly

BUT, I do have a slight niggle that "perhaps" we could have done better and that FF has taken the easy (knee jerk) route again???

Guest Hodgson09

I've said before that Houllier would be boss with Roeder the Director of football, this still looks likely, if look at what Roeder has been saying, about wanting more involvement with the senior players and the academy players and that building this club from the ground up wopuld take 5 years. It is also Roeder who brought up the whole DOF thing, so maybe it will be Houllier as manager. But if it is Roeder i'm still going to support him, like wise Houllier.

It's being reported on nufc.com that Roeder WILL NOT be the next manager because he will be unable to complete his licence course before the start of the new season - can anyone confirm or deny that one...?

Guest Hodgson09

It's true it is a year long course. Unless they can successfully argue that Roeder was a manager before the new rules and should be given the 2010 deadline like other managers like O'Neil and Ferguson, he cannot be manager. He can however be DOF and i think that is what is going to happen, Houllier will be boss and Roeder will be DOF.

Guest Brazilianbob

Appointing Roeder is simply setting him up to fail.  He has done an absolutely brilliant job, but what we need now is a high profile manager to come in knowing that his predecessor (albeit in a caretaker role) achieved 6th/7th spot with half a team of fringe players.  The new manager will know that it is then his job to kick on and raise the team to that next level.

If we achieve 6th place under Roeder next season then that will be an indication that that is as far as Roeder can take us.  That is my concern in appointing Roeder.  Freddie Shepherd simply can't, or refuses to see the bigger picture in all of this!

It's nothing to do with being fickle or getting on Roeder's back...you're missing the point entirely.

It's everything to do with our chairman, (who told us that he would take his time and appoint a world class manager) getting the appointment spectacularly wrong again.

Do you honestly believe Roeder was the best candidate for the job? Do you think it is an ambitious appointment?  Do you think Roeder would get the job at Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal or even Spurs? Would he fuck.

Freddie will appoint Roeder because a) he's cheap b) he'll keep the seat warm 'til Shearer fancies it and c) he knows the majority of fans will let him get away with it.

Mediocrity here we come...........what a fucking joke.

I'd much rather have a keen, passionate Glenn Roeder in charge, than an uninterested Martin O'Neill. I rate MON highly but if he doesn't want it he can fuck off.

I'd much, much rather have Roeder than the likes of Allardyce, McClaren, Bruce etc.

Guest Gemmill

It was reported on the radio this morning apparently that someone kicked the Roeder rumour off yesterday morning, and it's spread like wildfire, and before anyone knew what was going on, SkySports and the rest had a hold of it, and Oliver was making it his exclusive etc.  Supposedly it is nothing more than ANOTHER rumour though, but it was easier for it to take flight because Roeder's already at the club so it was very believable.

So perhaps the rabid anti-Roeder crew can breathe easy. ;)

Guest Phil K

Im glad if its true!

I'm bloody not.

Typical Shepherd if it is.

The man who forced Souness on us trying to get away with 10th choice Roeder ?

The fat twat has ignored the fans YET AGAIN. blueupset.gif

Roeder's caretaker period was extended by the FA because the England selection process was interfering with our own.  If Roeder was our choice, how would the England selection process affect us and why would we get that extension as a result?

I'll believe the Roeder thing when it's announced by the club and not before.  This board has been full of the same thing on this issue that Alan Oliver's always been full of.  I don't think anyone has a clue who our next manager is.

Guest sicko2ndbest

It was reported on the radio this morning apparently that someone kicked the Roeder rumour off yesterday morning, and it's spread like wildfire, and before anyone knew what was going on, SkySports and the rest had a hold of it, and Oliver was making it his exclusive etc. Supposedly it is nothing more than ANOTHER rumour though, but it was easier for it to take flight because Roeder's already at the club so it was very believable.

So perhaps the rabid anti-Roeder crew can breathe easy. ;)

Lets hope your right thumbup.gif