Shola last night

Crumpy Gunt

Guest graemeh72

I thought he looked as if he'd filled out.

That will be his body developing as well, but if he can use his weight and strength to hold the ball up then it can only be a good thing

Looked top heavy.

Owen claims he's put on a stone with gym work and Shola looks like he's 2 stone over. Can't be good especially for Shola.

I said to Midds something about him looked different, I think he looked fairly good last night though. Got a few offside decisions wrong but showed he knew the space he should be attacking and got in a good position to score just headed at the keeper. Was similar to the way Owen was playing off the last man a lot in the first half. Bit optimistic but I am hoping he is learning this sort of thing with Owen in training.

I'm not particularly a fan of Ameobi but when all three of them were on last night I thought Ameobi probably looked the better. Hardly suprising though since Owen had already played 60 minutes and Martins was isolated wide right.

Guest nufc_geordie

He was hard done to by the referee a few times when he came on. He didn't foul anyone but had a good few free kicks given for pressurising defenders. Decent movement but certainly looked stronger. No point passing judgement on Owen or Shola until next season. I don't care what anyone says all the training and behind closed doors games count for nothing at the top level. They need games and hopefully easing them back in now at the end of the season will set them up for the new campaign next season.

Looked top heavy.

Owen claims he's put on a stone with gym work and Shola looks like he's 2 stone over. Can't be good especially for Shola.

Both good things. Doesnt need spelling out.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

His first touch was s***, he looked lacking in confidence but the only upside was that he looked stronger then before

Not surprisingly he wasnt sharp because he miss match practise but it will come, but to say he is lacking confidence is wrong IMO.

Guest eyeball_tickler

anyone remember his stupid, pointless dive when he was 1 on 1 with the keeper?

luckily for him he was offside or he would have been booked.

Guest Sniffer

You are deluding yourselves.

Ameobi is no different with or without a hip injury.

His first touch was shit, he looked lacking in confidence but the only upside was that he looked stronger then before

He brought the ball done very well just before the "dive". 

His first touch was s***, he looked lacking in confidence but the only upside was that he looked stronger then before

Not surprisingly he wasnt sharp because he miss match practise but it will come, but to say he is lacking confidence is wrong IMO.

Not really, he seemed afraid to take a man on, and since he came on he never really looked like a confident forward, then again it might be the fact that he is lacking match practise.

Right.  Carrying around a couple of stone should really give him more pace.

He has never been about pace though has he? He is best bullying defenders and (trying) to use his size. An extra couple of stone in muscle is only going to improve this imo.

You are deluding yourselves.

Ameobi is no different with or without a hip injury.

Right.  Carrying around a couple of stone should really give him more pace.

Yawn

:rolleyes:

Guest NIToon

He was hard done to by the referee a few times when he came on. He didn't foul anyone but had a good few free kicks given for pressurising defenders. Decent movement but certainly looked stronger. No point passing judgement on Owen or Shola until next season. I don't care what anyone says all the training and behind closed doors games count for nothing at the top level. They need games and hopefully easing them back in now at the end of the season will set them up for the new campaign next season.

Totally agree, the only thing that can be said is that it's great to see them both back.  I think if they get the service next season we will have a strike force to be reckoned with including Owen, Martins, Ameobi & Carroll

Heeds the ball like he's just come out a neck brace, remember seeing Nobby one time demonstrating to him how to do it by agressively heading an imaginary ball after one of his piss weak efforts.

Guest alex

he's a useless idiot. Will never learn how to not be offside.

Sibierski was quality last night like.

Yawn.

You've got a cheek :lol: