Pav, Beardo and Taylor talk in tonight

Guest smoggeordie

Distin played mostly at left back for us, yeah? Do you think Distin is the "experienced" centre half Roeder keeps mentioning? He's 30 in December, and I can't imagine he'd come here not to be first choice, and if there's mileage in Roeder wanting Campbell maybe Distin will be the number 1 left back?

Distin played mostly at left back for us, yeah? Do you think Distin is the "experienced" centre half Roeder keeps mentioning? He's 30 in December, and I can't imagine he'd come here not to be first choice, and if there's mileage in Roeder wanting Campbell maybe Distin will be the number 1 left back?

would doubt he'd be playing left back,more likely roeders has said to someshitsribblers he is looking at an experienced centre half,some of the scribblers have decided it's distin,some campbell

Distin is better than what we have but still makes the odd error. Having said that I can't claim to have seen that much of him this season, I'll hunt for Dr. Spectrum's opinion in a second, it's bound to be on here somewhere. He's also got a good 5 years+ experience in the Premiership now so that's good.

Sylvain Distin is the in the top 4 centre halves outside the top 4 of the premiership. In the premiership. IMO. If that makes sense.  :uglystupid2:

(The other 3 are King, Yobo and Campbell, what order you wanna put em in is meh)

Distin is better than what we have but still makes the odd error. Having said that I can't claim to have seen that much of him this season, I'll hunt for Dr. Spectrum's opinion in a second, it's bound to be on here somewhere. He's also got a good 5 years+ experience in the Premiership now so that's good.

Sylvain Distin is the in the top 4 centre halves outside the top 4 of the premiership. In the premiership. IMO. If that makes sense.  :uglystupid2:

(The other 3 are King, Yobo and Campbell, what order you wanna put em in is meh)

Woodgate?

Guest smoggeordie

Woodgate?

Shittu?

Woodgate?

Ben Haim?

Woodgate?

Ben Haim?

Bramble?

Bastard. NSG beat me to it

Woodgate?

Not for me. But whatever, thats the sort of company I would put Distin in.

Guest smoggeordie

Woodgate?

Distin better than Woodgate? You're having one of Gejons Girrafes?

Woodgate?

Distin better than Woodgate? You're having one of Gejons Girrafes?

Obviously he's not.

Which is Spectrum's opinion and fair enough, I'll tell you that I respect his opinion more than 99.9% of the Newcastle fans on here.

Woodgate?

Are you including injuries in your thinking?

Distan couldn't get in to our team (at centre half) because Dabizas and A O'Brien kept him out. Now he's coming back (allegedly)

philippe,philippe albert,everyone knows............

Some things to consider here before you burn me at the stake for being a heathen Woodgate not-rater.

1. I've seen Distin a lot. And I think he's quality.

2. I didn't see Woodgate play for Newcastle - Which I gather was the time he was at the peak of his powers.

3. I did see Woodgate play for Leeds. Never really stood out to me when he did get himself on the pitch.

4. Saw Woodgate play for Real (Eventually). Looked a bit shit at times altho he had his moments.

5. Seen Woodgate play for Boro (and England) this season. Nothing special.

Its a game of opinions isnt it...and you can only go of what you see. While everyone else here might remember seeing some tremendous performances from his Newcastle days, I don't. Don't remember anything from him there other than pulling up near the corner against Chelsea and that was that. So from what I've seen of both players, I think Distin is a better player than Woodgate. :idiot2:

Some things to consider here before you burn me at the stake for being a heathen Woodgate not-rater.

1. I've seen Distin a lot. And I think he's quality.

2. I didn't see Woodgate play for Newcastle - Which I gather was the time he was at the peak of his powers.

3. I did see Woodgate play for Leeds. Never really stood out to me when he did get himself on the pitch.

4. Saw Woodgate play for Real (Eventually). Looked a bit s*** at times altho he had his moments.

5. Seen Woodgate play for Boro (and England) this season. Nothing special.

Its a game of opinions isnt it...and you can only go of what you see. While everyone else here might remember seeing some tremendous performances from his Newcastle days, I don't. Don't remember anything from him there other than pulling up near the corner against Chelsea and that was that. So from what I've seen of both players, I think Distin is a better player than Woodgate. :idiot2:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Jonny4Toon

Distin is shite. Error-prone and no sense of positional play. Foreign and crap - young players are what we need. He didnt want to come to us the first time cos he wanted higher wages - tell him to fuck off if he wants to come to us now. We need young players who want to play like Taylor, Milner, Krul, Edgar and to some extent Huntington - not washed up has beens

Distin is s****. Error-prone and no sense of positional play. Foreign and crap - young players are what we need. He didnt want to come to us the first time cos he wanted higher wages - tell him to f*** off if he wants to come to us now. We need young players who want to play like Taylor, Milner, Krul, Edgar and to some extent Huntington - not washed up has beens

ramage and pattison on that list?

Guest TheOrder

Distin is s****. Error-prone and no sense of positional play. Foreign and crap - young players are what we need. He didnt want to come to us the first time cos he wanted higher wages - tell him to f*** off if he wants to come to us now. We need young players who want to play like Taylor, Milner, Krul, Edgar and to some extent Huntington - not washed up has beens

:D

Yobo is a good player but Lescott is a lot better.