Newcastle United vs Blackburn (H) - pre match thread

Newcastle Fan

Think most people would have said Huntington was better than Baba before the AZ game..

I woudl still say that. He's still played better for us that Babayaro this season.

Think its more of a case of "xxxxxxx is the worst player in the world, my nan would do better..." Huntington at left back against AZ was far worse than Baba has ever played for us imo. At least Baba knows where he is supposed to be even if he is half arsed and not very good most of the time.

Guest mishka17

it's huntingtons first season in premier/uefa...what did you expect-miracles? if hunty was a big money transfer, then blame him

Lets just hope Parker or Butt are fit for this one..

------------------Harper

Nobby----Taylor------Gooch-------Carr

Milner-----Parker-----Dyer-------Zoggy

----------Owen--------Martins

Would prefer Moore to Gooch if he is fit, Butt or Parker will do in the middle.

Think most people would have said Huntington was better than Baba before the AZ game..

I woudl still say that. He's still played better for us that Babayaro this season.

Think its more of a case of "xxxxxxx is the worst player in the world, my nan would do better..." Huntington at left back against AZ was far worse than Baba has ever played for us imo. At least Baba knows where he is supposed to be even if he is half arsed and not very good most of the time.

If Babayaro knows where he should be, then he shoudl be taken to court for the wages he was paid for pretty much every game he's ever played for us, because he totally ignored that.

it's huntingtons first season in premier/uefa...what did you expect-miracles? if hunty was a big money transfer, then blame him

I am not blaming Huntington, he is a centre back. Doesn't mean the performance wasn't a shocking one or does the fact he is young actually mean we didn't get raped down that side of the pitch?

Huntington was/is too young to play premiership football, was thrown in because of the "crisis" we had but i still think we couldve converted some our our midfielders such as Parker and Butt to full backs instead of throwing him in so early in his career

Guest Jonny4Toon

Personally, I'm not going on Saturday because I'm going down to see my cousins in Birmingham. I wish I couyld go though. I always look forward to the match. I love Newcastle United. I would still be going if we were in the 3rd division. Here is a message to all of the these so called "supporters"; If you want to boo and criticise and if you don't enjoy going to the match, there is a simple solution - don't go!!! You ruin watching Newcastle United. One of you before said you would throw beer at the players!?!? The word supporter means to SUPPORT your team funily enough! Don't boo the players, applaud them because you get no confidence from being booed. I don't like Roeder but don't boo him because you're aonly applying more pressure. If all of the fans that boo keep on booing then the situation is just going to get worse. Booing inspires no confidence at all. Instead of booing we should show encouragement to the team. Booing is a thing of the new breed of "NUFC fans"; people who stand up and chant and go on about being the club's number 1 fan, but then stand up and boo and criticise the team at the final whistle. So this is a messagr to every supporter going to the NUFC-Blackburn game. Stay at the end of the match. Applaud the team and wish them luck for next season. If you want to boo anyone, boo Freddy Shepherd because he is the only man up there who half-deserves to be booed - as much as you might disagree with me - "some" of the players up at the Toon do care about performing for the fans. Enjoy the game - In my opinion Roeder will pick

Given

Solano Taylor Bramble Carr

Milner Parker Dyer N'Zogbia

Martins Ameobi

I don't think Owen will start - he will come on though!!! - hopefully!  :)

Guest JamesD

not sure what the squad is, but here's what i;d go with...

carr  taylor onyewu  babayaro

solano    dyer  butt/parker/pattison  milner

owen  martins

Guest Jonny4Toon

We're s**** and will get beat. Heap the pressure on Shepherd.

A few of my mates were talking about turning away from the pitch at kick off.

Your mates clueless tossers like you Mick?  :uglystupid2:

Your mates clueless tossers like me Mick?   :uglystupid2:

Nothing like you at all.  :D

Your mates clueless tossers like you Mick?  :uglystupid2:

Oh, the irony. :laugh:

Fuck knows what team he'll put out, he's starting to crack like Partridge in the second series so anything could happen. All I'm hoping for is an encouraging performance. Failing that, an absolute horror show culminating in the loudest booing ever heard at a final whistle swiftly followed by Roeder's sacking  :banana:

Guest Jonny4Toon

Your mates clueless tossers like me Mick?   :uglystupid2:

You clever boy!  mackems.gif

Nothing like you at all.  :D

4-1-3-2 formation as below

Harper

Solano  Taylor  Hunty  Edgar

Parker

Milner         Dyer         N'Zogbia

Owen       Martins  

There's no point playing players who are expected to leave the club. Maybe one final chance for Gooch to prove himself though...