Newcastle United vs Blackburn (H) - pre match thread

Newcastle Fan

The predicament with Owen and Martins being a front 2 is that it makes wingers pointless in terms of crosses, yes Owen's handy in the air but our crosses rarely pick out the taller players so pinpointing it to a 5"8/similar sized is just not on the agena. However playing all 3 means there's very little width, and when there is the central midfield is left exposed when we inevitably lose the ball. I'm expecting the penny to drop with Roeder sometime in about March next year.

Give the 3 a go if we must but for god sake sort out what the front 6's roles are, instead of "you 6. Final 3rd. Cause a mess"

The thing is that even if we do this game,we will be assured of one thing

is that Freddy Shepard always thinks hard and have many sleepless nights thinking about whats best for the club

Then goes and does the EXACT FUCKING OPPOSITE

Guest smoggeordie

We're s**** and will get beat. Heap the pressure on Shepherd.

A few of my mates were talking about turning away from the pitch at kick off.

THAT'LL SHOW 'EM!!!!!!!!

The predicament with Owen and Martins being a front 2 is that it makes wingers pointless in terms of crosses, yes Owen's handy in the air but our crosses rarely pick out the taller players so pinpointing it to a 5"8/similar sized is just not on the agena. However playing all 3 means there's very little width, and when there is the central midfield is left exposed when we inevitably lose the ball. I'm expecting the penny to drop with Roeder sometime in about March next year.

Give the 3 a go if we must but for god sake sort out what the front 6's roles are, instead of "you 6. Final 3rd. Cause a mess"

We still need crosses but they need to go between the keeper and defenders so that Owen and Martins can run at goal.

We still need crosses but they need to go between the keeper and defenders so that Owen and Martins can run at goal.

we don't need crosses that are just lumped into the middle,we need crosses when the player playing it has looked up and saw that there is someone to run on to it,watch how many times giggs/ronaldo get outside their man and cross it hopefully,they'd rather turn back and wait.

Well that'd be ideal but I'm not holding my breath on it happening

It will around me, I'm going to turn around and shout f*****g hell, look at that."  All the nosey ba*****s will have to turn around. :D

(I want to start match threads next season  :angel:) - on the forum not the main site as somebody does a fantastic job on that already -  :thup:

Its Win or Bust against Blackburn this Saturday for Newcastle United European dreams.

With Newcastle still in with a chance of beating Blackburn for a place that could lead to Uefa Cup Football the equation beating Blackburn at home on Saturday and Blackburn lose away to Tottenham in mid-week and Newcastle win at relegated Watford on the last day then Roeder side pip Blackburn to a place that could lead to Uefa Cup Football for next season.

On Blackburn- they are coming off a big 4v1 victory with the aim of coming up to St James this weekend with the assentive only needing a point to stop Newcastle catching them for a European place, there main man this season has been David Bentley he will provide the delivery off the Right for the power of Jason Roberts up top and the predator instincts of 15 goal man Benni McCarthy.

On Newcastle- it will be interesting to see who and how Glen Roeder will decide to play with both Emre and Sibieski picking up injuries that will rule them out for the season, possible returns are Nicky Butt and our captain Scott Parker either returns will be very much needed due to the very weak centre midfield showing away on Monday night due to a lack of a defensive midfielder.

- The positives are on Saturday St James will see for the first time the much awaited start of the partnership of Michael Owen and Obafemi Martins.

- It will be interesting to see whether Roeder will continue to play our main form of assists in James Milner (8 assists off the Right) out of position on the Left.

- My thoughts on what i would like to see.

- St James needs to see more attacking side from Roeder that they have seen all this season, its important Roeder plays both Wingers at home on Saturday, James Milner needs to return to his Right Wing position a position in which he has got most of his 8 assists from and N'Zogbia now with the injury to Duff needs to have the chance in his best position not central midfield but Left Wing to show us why he should be picked ahead of Damien Duff next season, playing two Wingers will give the movement of Keiron Dyer through the middle space in which to run into to support and provide for Obafemi Martins and Michael Owen to flourish.

Harper

Solano  Onyewu  Taylor  Babayaro

Milner    Dyer   Parker   N'Zogbia

Owen  Martins

Subs;

Krul, Carr, Butt, Luque, Ameobi

Prediction- providing a more attacking approach by Roeder selection- Newcastle United 3 v 1 Blackburn OwenX2, Martins

Butt,Parker and Given are doubts for this match, Emre, Sibierski  and Duff are out

If all are confirmed out,i would like to see us play:

Harper

Solano   Taylor  Bramble  Carr

Milner      N'Zogbia     Luque

Owen      Ameobi   Martins

But i am thinking Roeder would go with Dyer in instead of Luque, and putting a Midfield of Dyer-N'Zogbia- Milner ..or using one of our defenders in the midfield and keeping Zoggy on the bench

Luque again?? Give it up, man.

Butt,Parker and Given are doubts for this match, Emre, Sibierski  and Duff are out

Harper

But i am thinking Roeder would go with Dyer in instead of Luque, and putting a Midfield of Dyer-N'Zogbia- Milner ..or using one of our defenders in the midfield and keeping Zoggy on the bench

Hey, i said this is how I  would play :D

Who do wehave fit out of the centre backs?

And by that, i mean ones that aren't big piles of donkey jizzum like Shambles and "Gooch".

Just leaves Taylor doesnt it?

And by that, i mean ones that aren't big piles of donkey jizzum like Shambles and "Gooch".

What about the second string?

And by that, i still don't mean big piles of donkey jizzum like Shambles and "Gooch".

Harper

Hey, i said this is how I  would play :D

I know, and thats just as bad. :)

And by that, i still don't mean big piles of donkey jizzum like Shambles and "Gooch".

Second string are worse than the donkey jizzum tbh.

i would be tempted to throw Gooch in for one of the next two games, Bramble in the seconed,just to make sure they are still shit..

and i really think we should play ALL of our subs/reserves in the Watford game,just leave Owen- Ameobi as they need games to return to fitness

Second string are worse than the donkey jizzum tbh.

I very much doubt that. For example, Edgar is better than Babayaro. 2nd string better than jizzum, right there.

i would be tempted to throw Gooch in for one of the next two games, Bramble in the seconed,just to make sure they are still shit..

and i really think we should play ALL of our subs/reserves in the Watford game,just leave Owen- Ameobi as they need games to return to fitness

I think we can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are still shite.

I'd play Ameobi ever second i could for the rest of the season, in the hope of crocking him for good.

Guest mishka17

roeder will go 4-4-2 with luque-zoggy-dyer-milner in midfield and martins-owen up front-he gotta save his ass, becasue 4-3-3 was enormous shit at reading...or maybe he will make a "perfect" change and bring pattison in the middle

Guest mishka17

becasue he played good in earlier games, scored an important goal and...it's hard to be worse than baba