Solano - Taylor - Onyewu/Bramble - Carr   

Parker/Butt

Milner                                               N'Zogbia

Ameobi

Owen Martins

Harper

Solano              Taylor                        Bramble        Carr

Butt

Milner                                Dyer                                  N'Zogbia

Owen                        Martins

Maybe one final chance for Gooch to prove himself though...

Would probably agree with that, but more because i'm just hoping that the Reading game was Titus' last. Seeing as he was so bad and Taylor was fairly assured.

Still no sign of a squad, so will just go ahead with:

Harper

Solano -- Taylor -- Onyewu -- Babayaro

Milner -- Parker -- Dyer -- N'Zogbia

Ameobi -- Owen

Subs: Srnicek, Carr, Pattison, Carroll, Martins

Normally, i would have wanted to drop Dyer - simply because of his gutless and pitiful performance as 'captain' the other night. He was crap against Chelsea aswell and the guy needs a reality, check i think. Anyhow, that's not possible. I would play Parker alongside him - which would be the natural thing to do, although i can imagine Roeder will go with the bizarre 4-3-3 (or whatever the hell it was) we saw against Reading.

Playing Parker and Dyer would be tricky. Obviously, the normal thing to do then, would be for Parker to play deeper, seeing as Dyer is far better going forward than him. But what would Roeder do? That's how i would play it, anyway.

Also, i've dropped Carr - even though i think he's doing well (term used loosely), because i think a natural left-back will really help N'Zogbia.

Martins needs a rest, he's fucked. And it's an ideal opportunity to blood Shola and Owen.

Newcastle (from): Harper, Srnicek, Solano, Carr, Babayaro, Taylor, Bramble, Onyewu, Moore, Ramage, Butt, Parker, Milner, Dyer, N'Zogbia, Martins, Owen, Ameobi, Luque, Carroll.

Blackburn (from): Friedel, Emerton, Nelsen, Samba, Warnock, Bentley, Mokoena, Pedersen, Roberts, McCarthy, Nonda, Enckelman, Tugay, Henchoz, Derbyshire, Peter, Gallagher.

Source: BBC match preview

Harper

Solano        Taylor       Moore      Carr

Butt

Dyer

Milner                                  N'Zogbia

Martins    Owen

Never mind the best team we can play against blackburn, this is one of the best 11's we can play against anyone IMO. With maybe Emre and Duff the only alterations.

If Roeder manages to produce this team there will be no excuses for losing. At home we are a better side (in theory) therefore the front two can win us this game. FFS lets have ago at them.

i hope we get beat.

and i feel awful

Its a sign of the times, I hope we win but I can understand why people want us to get beat even if I can't feel the same way.  My prediction is 2-1 to us and we'll be no better off for it in the long run.

I've never left a game before the final whistle in my life that I can remember but I think I'll make an exception today even if its a very slow walk to the entrance and hope others do the same.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007200737,00.html

GLENN ROEDER could not care less about anyone trying to nick his job at Newcastle.

When the Toon boss recalls the brain tumour which left him fighting for his life four years ago, no battle is too great.

Roeder came out fighting last night after Sam Allardyce was targeted to replace him following a season of discontent on Tyneside.

The heat is on to produce a winning end to the season, starting today against Blackburn, with Allardyce waiting in the wings and the Toon Army growing restless.

Newcastle have failed to score at St James’ Park since February 10 and are set to end a season of mediocrity in mid-table.

But Roeder said: “Do you not think we’re despondent? I think it was Alan Ball coined the phrase ‘I pick the players up but who picks the manager up?’.

“Four years ago, when I was on the canvas, I could’ve curled up and died but I got up and fought on.

“The one thing I learned from West Ham was it wasn’t personal, it goes with being the holder of the job.

“I’ve had praise and a few slaps up here so it really doesn’t bother me. I thought what Roy Keane said about football not being the most important thing in his life was right.”

Free agent Allardyce is the man wanted to replace Roeder but the current boss added: “This club, for whatever reason, is a soft easy target for speculation — whether it be players or managers.

“It was Bobby Robson, Graeme Souness and now me.

“The good thing with my personality is that I’ve slept very well, it’s gone right over my head, I’ve only focused on winning this last home game.

“That’s my nature, my personality. There are other issues in my life that don’t compare with speculation about my job.

“I’ve had several meetings with the chairman recently and there’s more planned. All we’ve discussed is what we’re looking to do next year — that’s all topics, not just players.

“We’ve had Owen and Ameobi out and, conservatively, there’s 35 goals between them in a full season.

“Anybody, I don’t care who it is — be it a manager in work or a manager out of work — would have struggled with Michael Owen and Shola Ameobi out. You can’t get away from that fact.

“It’s not been a great season but no one’s trying to make out it is.

“I’ve never brushed things under the carpet, I won’t try to deceive, con or cheat people.

“We’ve not done anywhere near as well as we could have done but there are strong reasons for that.”

England striker Owen will make his first appearance at St James’ Park since December 2005 but the row over drafting him into the national side continues to rumble on.

The hitman has been pencilled in for the England B international against Albania on May 25 at Burnley.

But Roeder rapped: “Does Michael Owen need to play for England B before he puts on the England shirt again? I would say no.

“That would not be my decision but I would be surprised and I would not want him to play an England B game.

“I do not think it is necessary for him to have to play in the B game, personally. Training sessions will be more than enough.”

BLACKBURN reckon Newcastle striker Michael Owen lacks the match-fitness to cause them major problems today.

The England hitman will play his first game at St James’ Park since December 2005.

Yet he is still looking to regain sharpness after almost a year out with a cruciate injury.

Rovers midfielder Aaron Mokoena insists there will be respect but no fear of the former Real Madrid star.

The South African said: “We have a great respect for Michael but we definitely saw on Monday at Reading he’s not as fit as we are.

“Our fitness levels will help us stop him from scoring goals.

“I know he’s a quality, quick striker. But we have strong defenders in Ryan Nelsen and Chris Samba and they know what to expect.

“He will be eager to show what he can do but it’s not all about him — they have other good players.”

Boss Mark Hughes knows the ‘Owen Factor’ will ensure a lively atmosphere as the Toon Army welcome back a hero.

But Hughes is confident his own front pairing of Benni McCarthy and Jason Roberts can upstage the £16million man.

Sparky said: “It’s going to encourage their crowd so we’ll have to cope with the ‘Owen Factor’. It’s a case of quietening the crowd down a bit.

“We’re playing well and my front two aren’t doing too badly so we’ll give them cause for concern.”

Hughes added: “Everyone in football is pleased to see Michael back. He could come back faster and stronger than ever before.”

Newcastle (from): Harper, Srnicek, Solano, Carr, Babayaro, Taylor, Bramble, Onyewu, Moore, Ramage, Butt, Parker, Milner, Dyer, N'Zogbia, Martins, Owen, Ameobi, Luque, Carroll.

Blackburn (from): Friedel, Emerton, Nelsen, Samba, Warnock, Bentley, Mokoena, Pedersen, Roberts, McCarthy, Nonda, Enckelman, Tugay, Henchoz, Derbyshire, Peter, Gallagher.

Source: BBC match preview

Is Luque going to get a farewell sub appearance...?

Guest smoggeordie

Just watching Footy Focus... City have knicked our scarf idea. :(

Aye, they did it a few weeks ago. Free scarf to all Junior City fans.

Can't see him playing Martisn Shola and Owen, and no way he drops Martins.

------------------Harper

Nobby----Tyalor------Gooch-----Carr

Milner----Prker-------Dyer-------Zoggy

---------Owen-------Martins

Bench

Pav

Bramble

Butt

Lua Lua

Shola

Can't see him playing Martisn Shola and Owen, and no way he drops Martins.

Bet you he will, Skirge. That's just what Roeder does. He can't drop some players, so he accomodates them all, and most of the time it isn't beneficial to the team. Like when he plays four centre-midfielders, etc.

I think he probably will go for the 4-3-3 type formation.