For those who think we need a full back before forwards

NE5

wrong

Do you have any opinions on football in general or on Newcastle United in particular, or do you just post spam?

oh, i have some.. i just think it's pointless debating with spambots on Shepherd's payroll, so i keep it short and simple

Easy way out there, then.

Methinks you don't have the ability to construct any kind of reasonable argument worthy of debate. Doesn't bother me, tbh.

As I said, nobody is claiming the Board has made no mistakes, all that is being highlighted is the reality rather than the "head in the sand" and  frankly rather childish approach of only being able to see the mistakes since the appointment of Souness.

It's ironic that the people slating the Board nowadays, and also slating both myself and NE5 for pointing out the reality are the very same people who at the time supported the Souness destruction of the team.

like Gemmill too ? ..... seeing as he's decided to offer us his words of wisdom here .....

"Top boss".  That is all.

one edited post Gemma.......maybe we can find one post somewhere where you said you didn't say back Souness to the hilt  mackems.gif

You did back him all the way didn't you ? And you still think the changes he made and players he sold were good for the club don't you ?

I'm glad you aren't my accountant mate.  :clap:

So its Gemmills fault and not the board who employed and funded him?

shh man.. you can't make such assumptions unless you go to every game

Guest Knightrider

We have enough quality going forward and any good manager would turn that end of the team around, don't know about the defence though... it always let SBR down, KK to some extent and has let down every other manager too. We've never really had a top-class defence since living memory yet always seem to have decent attacks.

We have enough quality going forward and any good manager would turn that end of the team around, don't know about the defence though... it always let SBR down, KK to some extent and has let down every other manager too. We've never really had a top-class defence since living memory yet always seem to have decent attacks.

Say that to the two lynatics on this forum who thinks the opposite-HTL and grandfather NE5

wrong

Do you have any opinions on football in general or on Newcastle United in particular, or do you just post spam?

oh, i have some.. i just think it's pointless debating with spambots on Shepherd's payroll, so i keep it short and simple

Easy way out there, then.

Methinks you don't have the ability to construct any kind of reasonable argument worthy of debate. Doesn't bother me, tbh.

As I said, nobody is claiming the Board has made no mistakes, all that is being highlighted is the reality rather than the "head in the sand" and  frankly rather childish approach of only being able to see the mistakes since the appointment of Souness.

It's ironic that the people slating the Board nowadays, and also slating both myself and NE5 for pointing out the reality are the very same people who at the time supported the Souness destruction of the team.

like Gemmill too ? ..... seeing as he's decided to offer us his words of wisdom here .....

"Top boss".  That is all.

one edited post Gemma.......maybe we can find one post somewhere where you said you didn't say back Souness to the hilt  mackems.gif

You did back him all the way didn't you ? And you still think the changes he made and players he sold were good for the club don't you ?

I'm glad you aren't my accountant mate.  :clap:

So its Gemmills fault and not the board who employed and funded him?

shh man.. you can't make such assumptions unless you go to every game

What a daft thing to say. Who said you have to go to every game, or have you joined the ranks of the brain dead, who due to an inability to debate an issue resort to making stuff up as they go along?  :)

I wonder what Big Sam is going to do with regards to this. Be interesting to see which positions he fills with what sort of money.  ???

NUFC06, i made a statement about the defence not being the problem on saturday, not that it hadnt been across the rest of the season. It was a lack of conviction and cohesion from the team (ie the manager's fault). You asked if i was on glue because i said that. As you didnt manage to catch this one on internet quality TV, that does seem faintly ridiculous now. The demand for answers to questions not relating to the thread or anything i posted just smacks of emotional problems too.

Say that to the two lynatics on this forum who thinks the opposite-HTL and grandfather NE5

have you  watched the game on saturday on your pc yet ?

Guest makemeacupoftea

have you  watched the game on saturday yet ?

of course he has, he flys from wherever he lives to attend every game, he knows his stuff.

of course he has, he flys from wherever he lives to attend every game, he knows his stuff.

terrible concept isn't it, fancy thinking that people who actually go to games have a clearer picture than those who don't. Whatever next.  :lol:

terrible concept isn't it, fancy thinking that people who actually go to games have a clearer picture than those who don't. Whatever next.  :lol:

The radio is always a good source of accurate information. For example, today I heard that Newcastle haven't won anything because there has never been a proper transfer strategy, this caused by managers not being given enough time in the job. This statement was backed up by the statistic of 8 managers in the last 10 years. ;)

guess it depends.. if you sit on your seat the whole time staring at the pitch, then maybe you'll get a better view on things. i personally go to games to act mental, jump and make noise, that's why i usually go to away games in europe, where you know that everybody has come for that - purely to sing and support the team, not to watch every single tackle and make observations on players and tactics.. it's easier to think about those things when you're sitting quietly with a beer infront of the TV and you get all the camera angles, slow motions, virtual offside lines and shit

so yes, watching live doesn't give you a clearer picture on things than TV broadcasts

guess it depends.. if you sit on your seat the whole time staring at the pitch, then maybe you'll get a better view on things. i personally go to games to act mental, jump and make noise, that's why i usually go to away games in europe, where you know that everybody has come for that - purely to sing and support the team, not to watch every single tackle and make observations on players and tactics.. it's easier to think about those things when you're sitting quietly with a beer infront of the TV and you get all the camera angles, slow motions, virtual offside lines and shit

so yes, watching live doesn't give you a clearer picture on things than TV broadcasts

Are you claiming that watching a game on TV is a better source on which to judge a player than watching a match 'live' at the venue?

If this is what you're saying can you explain why clubs the world over have networks of 'spies', who go to matches to watch and report on opponents before playing those team and also why thousands of clubs all over the planet send expert 'scouts' to watch and report on individual players a club may be interested in signing?

I read your first sentence, but overall it seems that you're suggesting it's better to judge from TV than actually at the match.

Are you claiming that watching a game on TV is a better source on which to judge a player than watching a match 'live' at the venue?

If this is what you're saying can you explain why clubs the world over have networks of 'spies', who go to matches to watch and report on opponents before playing those team and also why thousands of clubs all over the planet send expert 'scouts' to watch and report on individual players a club may be interested in signing?

I read your first sentence, but overall it seems that you're suggesting it's better to judge from TV than actually at the match.

Also Journalists would watch it on the telly too rather than the press box :laugh:

guess it depends.. if you sit on your seat the whole time staring at the pitch, then maybe you'll get a better view on things. i personally go to games to act mental, jump and make noise, that's why i usually go to away games in europe, where you know that everybody has come for that - purely to sing and support the team, not to watch every single tackle and make observations on players and tactics.. it's easier to think about those things when you're sitting quietly with a beer infront of the TV and you get all the camera angles, slow motions, virtual offside lines and s***

because they can afford to sit down at the best places and watch the players' on and off-ball movement and take notes without having to wave scarfs and chant shit.. or maybe it's a case of going to make the needed contacts.. the fuck should i know

at Olympico my view for like 80% of the time is flags and banners, people jumping and falling ..  fans there don't go to make notes on players, but to sing and have fun, cause ultimately that's what fans are supposed to do in stadiums.. if you sing like 5 songs a match at SJP, then that's fine, you may be able to watch the game without distractions, in Curva Sud there are ~20 000 people each game going mad, jumping and singing all the time.. there's no way that you can see what's really going on

Tbh, I've been at loads of matches and had to wait to get home to find out what actually happened in such and such a situation. It's fucking obvious there's pros and cons about both ways of watching a match.

The radio is always a good source of accurate information. For example, today I heard that Newcastle haven't won anything because there has never been a proper transfer strategy, this caused by managers not being given enough time in the job. This statement was backed up by the statistic of 8 managers in the last 10 years. ;)

I also remember stupid cockney bastard Ken Bates [better than Fred, like everybody else  ?] slating Kevin Keegan, when he was at Chelsea, for being a failure at Newcastle because he won nothing, and he wouldn't have him running any club of his, or words to that effect.

Roll on a few years, and he is chairman of Leeds United, finds himself in exactly the same position as NUFC were when Keegan walked through the door, and he appoints Denis Wise as manager. Presumably, he thinks Denis Wise was the answer and he would have repeated what Keegan did for Newcastle, and be 90 minutes from winning the title 4 years down the line, otherwise why would he have appointed him ?

This must be correct, because I read it in the press / heard it on the radio etc

haha........I've heard everything now

A combination of watching the game live in the stadium and watching the same game on TV later can be a very educational experience.

of course it is. The sky pundits, especially the likes of Jamie Redknapp,  know all about Newcastle United, and have no bias whatsoever.

So what they say is correct, every time. Particularly if they say Oba Martins is a top player, because he's scored a few spectacular goals on the telly, and we have a "bad defence because Newcastle have always had a bad defence ever since the days of Keegan".

A combination of watching the game live in the stadium and watching the same game on TV later can be a very educational experience.

of course it is. The sky pundits, especially the likes of Jamie Redknapp,  know all about Newcastle United, and have no bias whatsoever.

So what they say is correct, every time.

:lol:

So what they say is correct, every time.

:lol:

aye Dave, I agree, its hilarious mate.

So what they say is correct, every time. Particularly if they say Oba Martins is a top player, because he's scored a few spectacular goals on the telly, and we have a "bad defence because Newcastle have always had a bad defence ever since the days of Keegan".

Are you somehow suggesting that the pundits are perpetuating the myth of Newcastle having a shoddy defence which is actually the 6th best defence in the world?