New Manager Uberpoll (Who do you WANT it to be?)

GM
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Knightrider

Sam Allardyce - my number one choice of all the British managers, rate him highly, will more than do, expect him to get it.

Sven Geordie Eriksson - would need money, poor motivator, lacks tactical and man management skills. No thanks.

Guus Hiddink - would be a great appointment, no chance however.

Steve Bruce - fuck off

Luis Scolari Top international manager with a big rep, lacks real club experience outside of Brazil, would be a big gamble for Freddy. Not a bad shout though, however no chance.

Chris Coleman - fuck off

Glenn Hoddle - see above

Gerard Houllier - proven manager, not great but like Big Sam more than good enough, would be happy with him.

Mark Hughes - would be happy with him in so far as he's better than Roeder but is still unproven a bit for me.

David O'Nearly - fuck off

Marcelo Lippi - No chance, great manager though.

Stuart Pearce - fuck off

Alan Shearer - come back proven and with some experience, in short NO!

Martin O'Neill - No chance and not convinced either.

Gordon Strachan - Average, so no.

Jose Mourinho - HA, as if. Yes please though.

Arsene Wenger - See above

Steve McLaren - fuck off

David Moyes - good manager but average in the grande scheme of things, no chance either

Jurgen Klinsmann - Germany's Terry Venables but without the experience at club level, i.e. one international campaign does not make a good manager/how big a part did being held in Germany play for him and his team?

Other choices:

Ramos - great job at Seville but no chance.

Van Gaal - someone I reckon we could actually have a chance with, but not Freddy's type of manager.

Sam Allardyce - my number one choice of all the British managers, rate him highly, will more than do, expect him to get it.

Sven Geordie Eriksson - would need money, poor motivator, lacks tactical and man management skills. No thanks.

Steve Bruce - fuck off

Luis Scolari Top international manager with a big rep, lacks real club experience outside of Brazil, would be a big gamble for Freddy. Not a bad shout though, however no chance.

Chris Coleman - fuck off

Glenn Hoddle - see above

Gerard Houllier - proven manager, not great but like Big Sam more than good enough, would be happy with him.

Mark Hughes - would be happy with him in so far as he's better than Roeder but is still unproven a bit for me.

Stuart Pearce - fuck off

Steve McLaren - fuck off

David Moyes - good manager but average in the grande scheme of things, no chance either

Jurgen Klinsmann - Germany's Terry Venables but without the experience at club level, i.e. one international campaign does not make a good manager/how big a part did being held in Germany play for him and his team?

Other choices:

Van Gaal - someone I reckon we could actually have a chance with, but not Freddy's type of manager.

agreed with all of that.

Sam Allardyce No.2 choice.

Sven Geordie Eriksson Would be my No.1 choice.

Steve Bruce - fuck off

Chris Coleman - fuck off

Glenn Hoddle - see above

Gerard Houllier  No.3

Stuart Pearce - fuck off

Steve McLaren - fuck off

Other choices:

Guest emre123

Terry Mac will be appointed full-time manager after impressing in the last game of the season. Mark my words!!!!  :lol:

It's not the "success" of last year's World Cup that makes Klinsmann an attractive option, but rather the work he has done with the German national team in the two years leading to it. He has totally revamped the German national team in every sense. German football was stuck in the past, Klinsmann brought in new methods, new people and laid a new foundation to the team that his successor (and former assistant) does profit from.

Imho Klinsmann could be an as inspirational choice as Keegan back then. He is obviously a big risk. But what from what I've seen from Klinsmann he would try to install a professional set up at the club that would both pay off short and long term.

It's not the "success" of last year's World Cup that makes Klinsmann an attractive option, but rather the work he has done with the German national team in the two years leading to it. He has totally revamped the German national team in every sense. German football was stuck in the past, Klinsmann brought in new methods, new people and laid a new foundation to the team that his successor (and former assistant) does profit from.

Imho Klinsmann could be an as inspirational choice as Keegan back then. He is obviously a big risk. But what from what I've seen from Klinsmann he would try to install a professional set up at the club that would both pay off short and long term.

Klinsi would be an interesting choice.

Managing a country and a club are two different things though. This is not a time to take stupid risks like Klinsmann if people like Eriksson and Houllier are available. If we're stuck between Bruce, O'Leary, some other riff-raff and Klinsmann then we can take a leap of faith. But why take it unnecessarily?

Managing a country and a club are two different things though. This is not a time to take stupid risks like Klinsmann if people like Eriksson and Houllier are available. If we're stuck between Bruce, O'Leary, some other riff-raff and Klinsmann then we can take a leap of faith. But why take it unnecessarily?

:clap:

Klinsmann would be somewhere just above O'Leary and Bruce on my wish list, and probably just below Strachan and Redknapp

Guest eltsacwen

If Pearson wins us the game against Watford, he should be given a two-year contract...

Is Houllier available? I thought he was still employed by Lyon.

And imho there is no better time to take a risk then now. The club is lumbering in mediocrity. No European football next season. A bunch of overpaid, but underperforming yokels. The club needs a total revamp at every level. At the moment it is run like a pub team. And I'd have more faith in Klinsmann doing it, because he has a certain philosophy and ideas than someone like Eriksson who I don't think as someone with strategic thinking. I also don't get the difference between club and country. A lot of those things Klinsmann did for the national team were rather things you expected being done at club level. In fact there was a huge controversy with club managers who thought that Klinsmann's work was too much interfering with their own work. A lot of them now starting to implement some of the ideas now...

I stand by my point of view that Klinsmann would be a rather inspirational choice than a manager who lives from his club track record ages ago...

If Pearson wins us the game against Watford, he should be given a two-year contract...

I wouldn't be suprised tbh.

I can just see Freddie the day after Pearson's appointment: "He was the fan's choice"

I voted Wenger but in the real world I would be happy with Allardyce. Big Sam does need to be given time and a big say in who he brings in though (coaching team etc..).

Guest graemeh72

I'm struggling to take the whole thing seriously.

I still haven't got my head round the joke that we're actually back here discussing fucking managers again.

Krusty the Clown is my no 1 choice at the moment. . ... I'm still thinking as to whether there is a more viable alternative.

Is Houllier available? I thought he was still employed by Lyon.

And imho there is no better time to take a risk then now. The club is lumbering in mediocrity. No European football next season. A bunch of overpaid, but underperforming yokels. The club needs a total revamp at every level. At the moment it is run like a pub team. And I'd have more faith in Klinsmann doing it, because he has a certain philosophy and ideas than someone like Eriksson who I don't think as someone with strategic thinking. I also don't get the difference between club and country. A lot of those things Klinsmann did for the national team were rather things you expected being done at club level. In fact there was a huge controversy with club managers who thought that Klinsmann's work was too much interfering with their own work. A lot of them now starting to implement some of the ideas now...

I stand by my point of view that Klinsmann would be a rather inspirational choice than a manager who lives from his club track record ages ago...

The main difference between club and country is when managing a country, you get 2-3 weeks to drill the players into a style of play which you desire, which is a very difficult thing because the rest of the time, those players are drilled to do something different for their club. Which is more likely? A player behaving in a way he normally does for 40+ weeks or him changing his natural behaviour/response for 2 weeks? That's why the best managers usually tend to change their formation to hide the prevalent weaknesses of the his players and focus on the strengths that they already show (note - Brazil). With club managers, you get months to drill the players, which of course helps. But if you don't know what you're doing (note - Roeder), then the players will come out playing with no shape, no tactical awareness, no idea of where to pass the ball next, what runs to make, where to defend etc. etc.

Klinsmann doesn't have a track record with managing clubs. He hasn't shown that he can handle everything associated with managing a club, especially a big club whose fans are incredibly demanding (like us). What he's done with Germany was special, and his reputation is deservedly better because of it, but we're still taking a leap of faith if we expect him to be able to handle everything involved in managing a club (ie. day-to-day stuff) when he's had no prior experience. He won't have 3 months to create a game plan, he'll have 3 days. Massive difference. Massive jump.

With regards to Houllier, there have been rumours for a while now that he's unsettled at Lyon. I also think he's been quoted in the press in the past saying he would like to manage in the Premiership again. We were also linked with him after Souness was sacked. Another factor I also believe is important is what his previous club's fan's think of him, and from what I've read/seen/heard, the scousers think he did exceptionally well with them.

I think he's a really logical choice for us. He'd need time obviously, but he'd build from the back. His teams have always been disciplined as well which shows that he's able to drill players to do certain things which were 'unnatural' before. He's able to drill them to move into certain positions/make certain passes without thinking too much. That's a sign of a good manager. It's the same with Fergie tbh. That's why when Manyoo played at SJP this season they dominated with Scholes and Fletcher in the center of midfield. Not the fastest, biggest, strongest players but everything they did was instinctive and compared to what some of our players do (ie. Parker twirling on the ball), it just showed how good they were being coached and how our players weren't really being coached at all. I believe, given time, Houllier can transform our team. Obviously he'll transform our team in a different manner than what Fergie's doing with Manyoo, but our team will be well coached, Houllier's team always have been, even if they're a little boring. I also believe this with SGE and to an extent, Allardyce (although his ability to attract players and maybe control the dressing room are two things which I'm unsure about).