Some Bolton stats to get you salivating

Guest Nappy Rash

Its not Allardyce's fault that he has shit players

With is he will have a fantastic strike force, Midfielders, all he needs to do is do what he does best, fix our damn defence..

Actually, Bolton have conceded more goals than we have this season.

Guest Nappy Rash

Is answering a simple question beyond you? I'll put the points up at the time if you like.

Is reading beyond you?

There is no need to answer stupid questions if people can actually bother their arses to read.

Is answering a simple question beyond you? I'll put the points up at the time if you like.

Is reading beyond you?

There is no need to answer stupid questions if people can actually bother their arses to read.

Okey doke. Glad you admit that you are wrong. :)

Guest Nappy Rash

To hell with reading, too difficult eh, just call me an apologist and get some other idiots to repeat the same, then everythings bliss  :coolsmiley:

To hell with reading, too difficult eh, just call me an apologist and get some other idiots to repeat the same, then everythings bliss  :coolsmiley:

Just answer his question.

Then we can all move on.

Its not Allardyce's fault that he has shit players

With is he will have a fantastic strike force, Midfielders, all he needs to do is do what he does best, fix our damn defence..

Two things - who signed his shit players?

and what "fantastic" strike force and midfield???

Fantastic, hahahahahahahaahaha

Surely what we can infer from the numbers is that with a fantastic strike force he'll have even more balls hoiked into the box because Owen / Martins are more likely than Davies/Anelka to knock one in.

I'm not envisaging the beautiful game taking hold at St James under Allardyce that's for sure.

Guest Geordiesned

From nufc.com;

Glenn Roeder's dreadful run of results ultimately proved his undoing and few would argue that he deserved to keep his job based on what was certainly relegation form over his final 16 games:

P16  W4  D5  L7  Pts 17

So why on earth would anyone even contemplate employing a manager whose form over the same 16 games reads:

P16  W4  D4  L8  Pts 16

So who is that manager? Could it be one of the relegated duo Aidy Boothroyd or Alan Pardew? No, it's Sam Allardyce - seemingly our next manager....

Guest graemeh72

From nufc.com;

Glenn Roeder's dreadful run of results ultimately proved his undoing and few would argue that he deserved to keep his job based on what was certainly relegation form over his final 16 games:

P16 W4 D5 L7 Pts 17

So why on earth would anyone even contemplate employing a manager whose form over the same 16 games reads:

P16 W4 D4 L8 Pts 16

So who is that manager? Could it be one of the relegated duo Aidy Boothroyd or Alan Pardew? No, it's Sam Allardyce - seemingly our next manager....

I wonder who fed dot com that stat? :rolleyes:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=39389.msg807973#msg807973

Guest Geordiesned

.com are currently on a two-man anti-Allardyce campaign, it would seem.

Nobody listens to them any more, they have lost all credibility.

They certainly seem to be. As someone mentioned in another thread they did the same thing with David Moyes when he was previously linked with us. Everton seem to be doing all right at the moment.

Tbh Sven has an outstanding CV as a club manager and imo would have been a better option than Sam. But Sam also has his merits.

Completely agree with you.

Sven has won the Uefa cup and reached the final of the Champions league

He has better CV then Allardce but that doesnt mean he will be 100% success here

Nobody will know who will succeed or not for sure.

We can rely only on their history before and what they achieved.

The major problems i'd have with Sven over Allardyce are the fact he's spent BIG money before (and i'm not sure we have it anyway), and the fucking circus that would follow him around by being a former England manager. The press would have a field day and it's the last thing we need tbh.

The major problems i'd have with Sven over Allardyce are the fact he's spent BIG money before (and i'm not sure we have it anyway), and the fucking circus that would follow him around by being a former England manager. The press would have a field day and it's the last thing we need tbh.

blueyes.gif

Guest Geordiesned

Sven is foreign (yes I know you all know that) and Freddy's mouthpiece Anal Oliver seems to have mentioned in talk-ins that Freddy wouldn't touch another foreigner again. (Foreign manager that is, I'm sure he'll still be "touching" a few foreigners on his travels [allegedly ;)])

He spend big money only when he was at Lazio tbh

He achieved bigger things before that when he was at Benfica where he reached the final of the Champions league and the beggining of his career at Göteborg where he won the Uefa cup.Of course that was long ago but nevertheless he has enormous experience at club level

When we compare Allardyce with Ericksson about experience Svenn wins it big time.

My first choice as manager is still  Ericksson because he has the right CV and nows the environment in England.

Alot of people are saying that he played ugly and boring football with England and i agree but at the end of the day he was eliminated twice by Portugal on penalties and with one Seaman blunder against Brazil.My point is that he was still producing results and with some more luck he might have achieved something bigger with England.

.com are currently on a two-man anti-Allardyce campaign, it would seem.

Nobody listens to them any more, they have lost all credibility.

They'll be getting some back now if they are not getting onto their knees to suck Allardyce off like a lot of people.

Shots on goal - 280 (rank 20th)

Passes - 11799 (rank 14th)

Pass % - 66% (rank 15th)

Cross % - 19% (rank 20th)

But its a myth they play shit, route one football, because erm, Chelsea and Liverpool play similarly (yes shite)  :idiot2:

Allardyce is obsessed with statistics and he knows that if you put enough balls in the box you're likely to score, just as we all know most goals are scored with 2 passes or less.

Thats why it comes as no surprise, despite having the worst number of attempts in the league, they're 10th in goals scored.

I cant wait  :blush:

Clutching at straws NR?

You seem pretty certain that Allardyce isnt the right man for the job, you seem to think that we can get an even bigger name in, who do you think would even come near us at this point in time?

You keep harping on about Allardyce only have 1 top 6 finish in his whole career, but what about when Keegan came here into his first managerial job. Look what happened there.

On the other side, look at Dalglish and Gullit. Both top class managers who had a proven track record for success as managers. Look what happened there.

Maybe, just maybe you could get behind the new man and not come up with useless stats like this to try and defend your case and not let your views on him be blinkered just because he used to play for the Mackems.