What Big Sam should do when he comes

Guest zeta87

"Buy Kevin Nolan from former club Bolton and make him captain."

That's a bit extreme don't you think? I think he's well over-rated as well. And he's a thick scouse prick (not that that really matters)

Definitely needs to clear out the backroom leeches.  Then get shot of everyone bar Given, Tayls, *Emre, Milner, Zog, Martins and Owen. 

* I know some don't rate him but I think Allardyce could get a lot of use from him.

Clear out the first team deadwood i.e. Gooch, Moore, Shambles, Car, Pav, Pattison and Luque.

Replace with quality i.e. Sol Campbell, Dystan, Luke young, Matty Taylor etc

Get a formation and his preffered starting XI

Given

Young  Taylor  Campbell  Taylor

Milner     Parker    Emre

Ameobi/Dyer  Owen   Martins

Krul

Edgar

Butt

Duff/Zoggy

Carroll

Looks distinctly s*** / average to me.

I think  a line up very similar to that is very likely and realistically about as good as we are going to get.

What would yours be then?

Clear out the first team deadwood i.e. Gooch, Moore, Shambles, Car, Pav, Pattison and Luque.

Given

Milner    Parker    Emre

Ameobi/Dyer  Owen  Martins

Krul

Edgar

Butt

Duff/Zoggy

Carroll

I think  a line up very similar to that is very likely and realistically about as good as we are going to get.

We can do better than Dyer and Ameobi for a start. Youngs decent but i think we can do better than him as well. I think we will be seeing a team quite different from that lining up next season if we get Allardyce, and it will probably be better as well.

Given

Krul

Edgar

Butt

Duff/Zoggy

Carroll

We can do better than Dyer and Ameobi for a start. Youngs decent but i think we can do better than him as well. I think we will be seeing a team quite different from that lining up next season if we get Allardyce, and it will probably be better as well.

Based on the back end of this seaon Dyer and  shola have admitedly been very poor, but i'm guessing Big Sam will probably keep them on and will really fire them up. Young is good imo and probably the best we'll get, i'd preffer Richards from Citeh but not too sure they'd sell and if they did it'd probably be to Chelski etc

Care to make a line up/formation prediction of your own then?

I'd be looking at:

Given

Solano        Taylor        Campbell      Baines

Butt

Barton              Emre

Milner            Owen        Martins

Given

Milner    Parker    Emre

Krul

Edgar

Butt

Duff/Zoggy

Carroll

Based on the back end of this seaon Dyer and  shola have admitedly been very poor, but i'm guessing Big Sam will probably keep them on and will really fire them up. Young is good imo and probably the best we'll get, i'd preffer Richards from Citeh but not too sure they'd sell and if they did it'd probably be to Chelski etc

Jesus fuking wept.  :lol:

I'd be looking at:

Given

Solano        Taylor        Campbell      Baines

Butt

Barton              Emre

Milner            Owen        Martins

Given

Young      Taylor        Davies      Baines

Milner      Parker      Tevez        Zogbia

Anelka or Bent      Martins

Sub:

Ben Haim

Solano

Sidwell

New left winger

Ameobi

Sell Duff, Luque, Dyer, Emre & Owen + new EPL TV deal money to fund that lot.

I'd be looking at:

Given

Solano        Taylor        Campbell       Baines

Butt

Barton              Emre

Milner             Owen         Martins

Good line up imo I like it. Not much height though.

Barton's a good player, not brilliant, i don't think i'd take him as he's a nightmare to manage etc maybe Sidwell would be better if he could be persuaded. 

Given

Milner    Parker    Emre

Krul

Edgar

Butt

Duff/Zoggy

Carroll

I don't have the foggiest idea who the players may be that any new manager may sign.

Given

Milner    Parker    Emre

Krul

Edgar

Butt

Duff/Zoggy

Carroll

On what i would do or what i think Allardyce would do?

First of all what i would do is show all of the s*** the door if possible. I would get rid of Carr, Babayaro, Bernard, Bramble, Moore, Gooch, Dyer, Pattison, O'Brien, Sibierski, Luque, Ameobi. I don't rate Ramage either but i wouldn't be bothered if we keep him as a reserve considering he's probably on a small wage and he'll be happy enough.

We've then got players who i would sell under circumstances. If we got our money back or more on Emre and Duff i would let them go as well. I would consider selling Butt if we got around £1.5m for him as well. He's had a good season but he has only got a year left on his contract and he's on good money. Realistically though we will not be able to ship all of them players out in one go so we have to get rid of the biggest earners and the ones we might get money for first of all.

I could tell you a team i'd possibly try but it will probably be totally different from Allardyce's because he will probably try and identify some cheap players from abroad who he knows he can get the best out of who we might not have even heard of. I'd definitely look to bring in Ben Haim, maybe Leighton Baines and possibly Sami Hyypia because i think Allardyce could probably get the last few ounces of what he has left in him out of him. We are gonna need a new right back because even though Solano does a more than decent job there he isn't getting any younger and we can't expect him to play 38 games in that position. I cant think of a right back of the top of my head at the minute but i would have every faith in Allardyce identifying one whether it be a big name or a cheap one i'm sure he will find one better than Young.

As far as the midfield goes i would definitely keep Milner, Parker (i think he will do well under a good manager but that debates for another thread) and N'Zogbia. I wouldn't have any problem with us keeping Butt, Emre and Duff either but at the same time as i mentioned above i would let them go if we got decent offers. I think we will probably need to spend big on a goalscoring creative midfielder this summer though. If Butt does go i think Allardyce would replace him with one of his typical cheap signings who will come in and do a good job. We'd still have Nobby who can play 2nd fiddle to Milner down the right when needed.

I would look to keep Owen and Martins but at the same time i would sell Owen if we got our money back which is unlikely, and i would also consider a stupid bid for Martins. Ameobi would leave in an ideal world with 2 strikers coming in. I'm not so sure if Owen and Martins is gonna work although i'm not writing them of after 2 games like some people. I wouldn't mind signing Nugent but i wouldn't pay over the top for him because he will probably be overpriced. Gudjohnsen would be a top signing if we could get him.

Fill in the other gaps with some of Allardyce's cheap bargains who we could get a couple of years out of.

Given

Milner    Parker    Emre

Krul

Edgar

Butt

Duff/Zoggy

Carroll

First of all what i would do is show all of the s*** the door if possible. I would get rid of Carr, Babayaro, Bernard, Bramble, Moore, Gooch, Dyer, Pattison, O'Brien, Sibierski, Luque, Ameobi. I don't rate Ramage either but i wouldn't be bothered if we keep him as a reserve considering he's probably on a small wage and he'll be happy enough.

We've then got players who i would sell under circumstances. If we got our money back or more on Emre and Duff i would let them go as well. I would consider selling Butt if we got around £1.5m for him as well. He's had a good season but he has only got a year left on his contract and he's on good money. Realistically though we will not be able to ship all of them players out in one go so we have to get rid of the biggest earners and the ones we might get money for first of all.

I could tell you a team i'd possibly try but it will probably be totally different from Allardyce's because he will probably try and identify some cheap players from abroad who he knows he can get the best out of who we might not have even heard of. I'd definitely look to bring in Ben Haim, maybe Leighton Baines and possibly Sami Hyypia because i think Allardyce could probably get the last few ounces of what he has left in him out of him. We are gonna need a new right back because even though Solano does a more than decent job there he isn't getting any younger and we can't expect him to play 38 games in that position. I cant think of a right back of the top of my head at the minute but i would have every faith in Allardyce identifying one whether it be a big name or a cheap one i'm sure he will find one better than Young.

As far as the midfield goes i would definitely keep Milner, Parker (i think he will do well under a good manager but that debates for another thread) and N'Zogbia. I wouldn't have any problem with us keeping Butt, Emre and Duff either but at the same time as i mentioned above i would let them go if we got decent offers. I think we will probably need to spend big on a goalscoring creative midfielder this summer though. If Butt does go i think Allardyce would replace him with one of his typical cheap signings who will come in and do a good job. We'd still have Nobby who can play 2nd fiddle to Milner down the right when needed.

I would look to keep Owen and Martins but at the same time i would sell Owen if we got our money back which is unlikely, and i would also consider a stupid bid for Martins. Ameobi would leave in an ideal world with 2 strikers coming in. I'm not so sure if Owen and Martins is gonna work although i'm not writing them of after 2 games like some people. I wouldn't mind signing Nugent but i wouldn't pay over the top for him because he will probably be overpriced. Gudjohnsen would be a top signing if we could get him.

Fill in the other gaps with some of Allardyce's cheap bargains who we could get a couple of years out of.

Very well put across and quite mind-boggling to think that many of these players you mentioned were part of the £50m spending spree by fuckwit on a squad that had just finished 5th.

Given

Krul

Edgar

Butt

Duff/Zoggy

Carroll

Oddly i agree with nearly every player that needs to go and the majority of who should be brought in. However, i'm a firm believer that too many changes can hurt too much and the added fact of selling 10 and reaplcing them with another 10 aint easy.

Therefore, when it comes to those like Carr, Baba, Sibierski, Bramble, Gooch and Luque we should get rid AND replace them. On the other hand, those you have metioned like Parker, Emre, Owen and Duff all have considerable talent and should be worked with, even if its just for the time being.

As for Krul, Ramage, Hunty and Edgar..... lets get them loaned out and learn the trade in the lower leagues.

I say keep Owen and Martins. Ameobi is an enigma but if there's anyone who can crack the code it is Big Sam.

Get Rid of- Carr Gooch Bramble Benard Moore Baba Ramage Pattison Sib Luque Emre or Parker Dyer

In  Ben Haim Luke Young Baines Distin Sidwell

Basically get rid of defence and over paid underachieving midfielders and bring in experience quality and players with bottle.

Plus get rid of all coaches bring in his own.

Players on a free:

Joey O'Brien (i think), injured most/all of last season. Apparently a CM, when i saw him at RB i thought he had a good reading of the game and good athleticism.

Distin, Dr. Spec thinks he's much improved. I've barely watched him but thought he was average at best when here.

Ben Haim, haven't seen too much, some good games and one bad.

Sidwell, done nowt for me but others who (i hope) have watched min more reckon he's good.

Tuncay, raved about. Haven't seen him.

Viduka, I guess i see the logic.

Just speculating. If the above are actually any good and would come (and be wanted by the new manager) i reckon we'd only have to buy a LB and a goal scoring midfielder.

People mention Baines but i dunno how many have seen him consistently, cause what i have seen hasn't grabbed my attention.

Guest Hibbits left foot

Given

Nobby Taylor Campbell LB

Milner Sidwell Tevez Nzogbia

Owen Anelka

Harper Carroll Martins Butt Edgar Huntingdon

Sell; Luque, Duff, Dyer , Sibi, Carr, Ameobi, Pattinson, Bramble, Babayaro,Parker, Emre,

Fuck Kieron Dire straight out of the club. He's had far too many chances and now's the time to get rid!

His attitude since the defeat by AZ has been a disgrace, he said following that game that the season was over and he certainly played like that in the subsequent games.

Why Roeder made him captain is a mystery to me because Dire's not fit to wear the shirt never mind wear the captain's armband.