Big Al on Big Sam

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

Thought this deserved a thread on its own. Especially for those still doubting

Newcastle United legend Alan Shearer is backing Sam Allardyce's appointment as new manager.

Shearer said: "I believe Sam Allardyce has the sort of strong personality to sort out Newcastle and set them in the right direction again.

"The job he has done at Bolton has been unbelievable.

"It is clear he can motivate players. He comes across as a straight-talking manager who gets his message across to the players. And he will not take any messing around either.

"That is what you need at a club - someone single-minded and strong."

Allardyce has proved he can not only motivate big names but get fading stars shining again and discover players we have never heard of.

Shearer added: "He has taken players from all sorts of clubs and from all different parts of the world.

"Just look at some of the names he has had who have played at the very top, like Djorkaeff, Anelka, Campo. He has got them playing for Bolton and helping to make the club into a Premiership force.

"He has also discovered some great players as well and reinvigorated those who looked on their way out.

"He went into that club and laid down the foundations for success - and this is what Newcastle needs.

"I don't claim to know the man well personally. But I am good friends with Gary Speed at Bolton and he is a massive fan of Sam."

Some Newcastle fans are not sure about Allardyce because of a perception he plays a long-ball game. Wrong in Shearer's view.

He said: "You do not get up to fifth or sixth in the Premiership table by playing a long-ball game.

"Neither can you play it with players like Anelka and El-Hadji Diouf in the side.

"I have seen Bolton play many times and theirs is effective and successful football. And every club wants that."

Guest sicko2ndbest

should have highlighted

"I don't claim to know the man well personally. But I am good friends with Gary Speed at Bolton and he is a massive fan of Sam."

Some Newcastle fans are not sure about Allardyce because of a perception he plays a long-ball game. Wrong in Shearer's view.

Al previously backed the appointments of Souey,Dogleash & Roeder.

What did you expect him to say? Tell the media that he thinks the new manager is shite?

Allardyce is different in that Alan won't be playing for him. Having said that, when's the last time Shearer said anything to the media that wasn't carefully worded so as to not upset anyone?

The thing I most hope we get out of Big Sam is someone with the bollocks and willpower to come in and have a good look at the club from top to bottom, at the training, the coaching, the medical team, the reserves, the academy, the facilities, what the players have for breakfast and, where applicable, say "Freddy, this bit here is utter fucking shite, scrap it and start again."

Aye it really means nothing, he was never going to say anything against Sam getting the job, I would hoever love to think sma could bring Speed back here as a couch but I doubt Gary would leave his post at Bolton so soon after getting it.

speed will be coming wih him i reckon, as well as ricky sbragia and that 'blue sky' bloke

Be great to have Gary Speed back at the club.

We need good solid professionals like him around

Guest Armchair Pundit

I'm happy if Speed's happy, no need for Al to mention him but I'd believe him if this is what he's said.