Owen/Bellamy swap?

Crumpy Gunt

Shepherd wouldn't allow Bellamy to come back.

And if Big Sam says he wants him?

Allardyce will hopefully listen to his boss.

So Sam wont have a free hand in the transfer market? More meddling from the boardroom?

So Sam wont have a free hand in the transfer market? More meddling from the boardroom?

"MORE" ???

Are you suggesting Shepherd sticks his nose into decisions regarding transfers?

"MORE" ???

SBR tells you that it was Shepherd who sold Speed to Bolton. Perhaps Sam knows what he's letting himself in for.

I hope people understand that Owen isn't the walking sicknote he's made out to be.  Two freakish injuries back to back have kept him out for two years.  Freakish.  As in not-Dyeresque. 

He puts one in every other game when healthy against any opposition.  Bellamy doesn't.  Owen for me, end of. 

Short/selective memory. Owen was frequently injured for us long before breaking any bones. Owen's first injury, the metatarsal, was half way through the first season, begining of Jan, when he had made just over half a dozen starts for us in something like 30+ games. It needs to be remembered that many of us were getting pissed off at just how often his return from an injury coincided with an England game looming on the horizon - regardless of whether it was more than a mere coincidence, its a myth to suggest that hes merely been unlucky from freak injuries. Hes been unlucky to break bones, yes, but hes a crock who has been unlucky to break bones.

"MORE" ???

SBR tells you that it was Shepherd who sold Speed to Bolton. Perhaps Sam knows what he's letting himself in for.

I was joking, mate O0

Shepherd can do things that are less obvious if he doesn't want a player here, he can drag his heels over fee's, wages etc like he did with Anelka and Boa Morte when Souness was here.

Guest Hibbits left foot

Rather have Berbatov than either Owen or Bellend... would play better than both

Guest Magpiecn

Rather have Berbatov than either Owen or Bellend... would play better than both

Rather have Terry than  either Bramble or Carr

"MORE" ???

I was joking, mate O0

Shepherd can do things that are less obvious if he doesn't want a player here, he can drag his heels over fee's, wages etc like he did with Anelka and Boa Morte when Souness was here.

that is true, all chairman can if they wish. He can also be calling the situation truthfully, you say yourself the club has debts, which is correct, so whats your point ?

The truth is, he has backed his managers judgement, hugely, there is simply no argument about that. Did he "drag his feet" when it came to backing Souness and bringing in Luque and Boumsong ? Who do you blame for signing those players ?

its not up to him, its up to his manager.

You never learn do you  :lol:

So when Shepherd said Bellamy will never play for this club again what he really meant was Bellamy will never play for this club again unless the manager asks.

Aye right :lol:

Guest Magpiecn

Shepherd out 

Shepherd go

Shepherd you can go

So when Shepherd said Bellamy will never play for this club again what he really meant was Bellamy will never play for this club again unless the manager asks.

Aye right :lol:

you're still clueless Jon. Have you never heard of someone backing their managers stance / comments on a situation ?

The trouble with you, is that if he hadn't backed his managers comments, you would still have slated him anyway.

My opinion is that all Craig Bellamy would have to do is make a statement at his press conference stating that he wants to put the past behind him and play again for NUFC and everyone would forget all about what happened before. And it would be even better to see all those people like you doing yet another u-turn

"MORE" ???

I was joking, mate O0

that is true, all chairman can if they wish. He can also be calling the situation truthfully, you say yourself the club has debts, which is correct, so whats your point ?

The truth is, he has backed his managers judgement, hugely, there is simply no argument about that.

What has the clubs debts got to do with this? A part of them come from signing Owen and Luque over Anelka and Boa Morte.

He dragged his heels over Anelka and Boa Morte by saying they wasn't worth the money, he said Fenarbache paid £3 million for Anelka so he would pay a penny more, he then went out a blew £10 million on Luque and £16 million on Owen so money wasn't the problem.

If he doesn't want a player here for whatever reason there are things he can do to not make a move happen rather than just saying no to the manager.

Yep I am the clueless one :lol:

What do you think of the latest edition of the Shepherd circus by the way?

do you mean when we were selling our best players for years, playing in front of 15000 fans in the middle of the old 2nd division and being consistently humiliated by teams such as Oxford, Peterboro, Southend, Chester. Aye great days.

As for circuses, I've never been to one in my life. They used to have one on the town moor when I was a kid, maybe they still do, I don't know.

"MORE" ???

I was joking, mate O0

The truth is, he has backed his managers judgement, hugely, there is simply no argument about that.

What has the clubs debts got to do with this? A part of them come from signing Owen and Luque over Anelka and Boa Morte.

He dragged his heels over Anelka and Boa Morte by saying they wasn't worth the money, he said Fenarbache paid £3 million for Anelka so he would pay a penny more, he then went out a blew £10 million on Luque and £16 million on Owen so money wasn't the problem.

If he doesn't want a player here for whatever reason there are things he can do to not make a move happen rather than just saying no to the manager.

its self explanatory.

For instance, how do you know he "dragged his heels" over anybody, did he tell you or are you making it up ? I am pointing out that he didn't "drag his heels" when we bought Luque and Boumsong, is this fact or not ?

Leading onto the fact that having not dragged his heels over those 2, he then exercised financial restraint, which you criticise, then you also criticise the board for having debts through not exercising more financial restraint ?

Slate them whatever they do, which is it ?

So you haven't seen Shepherds latest outburst then? No not the Nancy one, the latest one!?

oh dear.

She looks like a bloke in drag IMO, and who gives a toss anyway.

To me, seeing the club in the scenario I described was a circus, if anything.

Shepherd hinted in summer 2005 that he wouldn't mind having Bellamy back but "it would be difficult for him and Greame to work together" or something like that

Shepherd initially stood firm against it, but slowly realised it was Bellamy, not Shearer who we needed in our team and made comments suggesting he would be in favour of a return

Bellamy plus £5m

In theory sounds okay but Bellamy brings about so much baggage. There would always be stories of discontent.

If Owen were to leave I think the best replacements would be Darren Bent or Peter Crouch, talentwise not as good as Owen but stylewise may suit us better.

What worries me is that with Big Sam in charge and his past with the long ball tactic the temptation to lump the ball to Crouch would be too much to resist!

Guest Magpiecn

In theory sounds okay but Bellamy brings about so much baggage. There would always be stories of discontent.

If Owen were to leave I think the best replacements would be Darren Bent or Peter Crouch, talentwise not as good as Owen but stylewise may suit us better.

What worries me is that with Big Sam in charge and his past with the long ball tactic the temptation to lump the ball to Crouch would be too much to resist!

He'll change it.Because its newcastle, not bolton.