Owen/Bellamy swap?

Crumpy Gunt

Would take Bellamy as a replacement for Martins, that's for sure.

But would you swap him for Owen?

What do you think of Owen having a £9 million get out clause?

I would swap him for Owen IF Owen wants to leave and is going to leave, but I wouldn't try to do a deal like that, I'd try to bring Bellamy here without anyone leaving.

As for the question about a £9m get out clause. I haven't seen Owen's contract so I've no idea whether this is true or not. In any event, it would depend on other (obvious) things, such as when this clause takes effect.

Give me full details please.

I haven't see his contract either but it has been suggested through the press by his agent that he can leave for less than £10 million because we failed to qualify for Europe, the talk of his get out clause last season couldn't be used becaue we qualified for Europe via the Intertoto.

In that case I've no idea if this is true or not, so let's stick to facts from now on.

Would take Bellamy as a replacement for Martins, that's for sure.

But would you swap him for Owen?

What do you think of Owen having a £9 million get out clause?

I would swap him for Owen IF Owen wants to leave and is going to leave, but I wouldn't try to do a deal like that, I'd try to bring Bellamy here without anyone leaving.

As for the question about a £9m get out clause. I haven't seen Owen's contract so I've no idea whether this is true or not. In any event, it would depend on other (obvious) things, such as when this clause takes effect.

Give me full details please.

I haven't see his contract either but it has been suggested through the press by his agent that he can leave for less than £10 million because we failed to qualify for Europe, the talk of his get out clause last season couldn't be used becaue we qualified for Europe via the Intertoto.

In that case I've no idea if this is true or not, so let's stick to facts from now on.

I'll be sure to come back and ask you if Owen does fuck off for £9 million. O0

Guest sicko2ndbest

What about Crouch and Bellamy for Owen +5mil

Target Men

Crouch

Ameobi

Carroll

Pace

Martins

Bellamy

As far as I could understand from the latest set of accounts, we have very, very little to spend.  The cash situation has steadily worsened as we paid large transfer fees, continue to pay exorbitant wages,  our turnover has remained static and large dividends have been declared.  The latest report (if I have understood correctly) states that the net assets of the club are worth around £6m (down from around £70m when the club was floated on the stock exchange).  Of course, I stand to be corrected if anyone knows otherwise.

I can't say that I am impressed by players with egos, who seem to care little for their team-mates or their manager - a charge perhaps levelled at Bellamy in the past.  However, the suspicion that Owen's wages will greatly impair any attempts to get the club onto a more stable financial footing and that he may leave in two year's time for a nominal fee (if not for free), leads me to believe that a swap between Bellamy and Owen - which would reduce the wage bill (if only slightly), while also bringing in some cash and not leaving us a striker short - might be the wisest choice, should the opportunity arise.

That said, while I'm not sure if any of us can really know for sure how influential Freddie Shepherd would be in making such a choice, I really don't think Liverpool are interested in taking Owen back (unless offered for around the £8m they initially sold him for).

nailed on. However, keeping out a "bad egg" is preferable to some  :idiot2: who will of course complain about the financial implications later anyway.

Hang on, when I suggested the club was wrong to pay over the odds in terms of transfer fee and wages for Owen and it would have been better spending it on building a team you shot me down for it.

One sniff of someone wanting Bellamy back and you soon changed your tune.

Not sure about that, generally I would back the club shelling out the money for a guaranteed quality who, barring injury, is certain to perform for the club.

For instance, I think we should try and get the money to buy Tevez [who I would prefer to Bellamy]

So you haven't seen Shepherds latest outburst then? No not the Nancy one, the latest one!?

oh dear.

She looks like a bloke in drag IMO, and who gives a toss anyway.

To me, seeing the club in the scenario I described was a circus, if anything.

The old "it was worse in my day" defence :lol: Pathetic.

No it isn't. I'm telling you what a "circus" really is.

Its pretty pathetic that you think you know best despite taking no notice of facts and what someone else has seen. But I've realised a while back that you're a bit slow on the uptake.

snap their hands off?

owen is world class, bellamy isn't

this must be a joke?

As HTL says in the next post mate, on football grounds I would rather swap him for Martins - like a shot in fact - but I'm quite bothered that in 18 months time Owen will be a free agent and we could lose him for nothing.

So you haven't seen Shepherds latest outburst then? No not the Nancy one, the latest one!?

oh dear.

Its pretty pathetic that you think you know best despite taking no notice of facts and what someone else has seen. But I've realised a while back that you're a bit slow on the uptake.

No you are avoiding the point and brining up stuff that happened just after the battle of hastings because you don't want to think about what is happening at the club NOW.

Typical avoidance tactics everyone has come to expect from you.

As far as I could understand from the latest set of accounts, we have very, very little to spend.  The cash situation has steadily worsened as we paid large transfer fees, continue to pay exorbitant wages,  our turnover has remained static and large dividends have been declared.  The latest report (if I have understood correctly) states that the net assets of the club are worth around £6m (down from around £70m when the club was floated on the stock exchange).  Of course, I stand to be corrected if anyone knows otherwise.

I can't say that I am impressed by players with egos, who seem to care little for their team-mates or their manager - a charge perhaps levelled at Bellamy in the past.  However, the suspicion that Owen's wages will greatly impair any attempts to get the club onto a more stable financial footing and that he may leave in two year's time for a nominal fee (if not for free), leads me to believe that a swap between Bellamy and Owen - which would reduce the wage bill (if only slightly), while also bringing in some cash and not leaving us a striker short - might be the wisest choice, should the opportunity arise.

That said, while I'm not sure if any of us can really know for sure how influential Freddie Shepherd would be in making such a choice, I really don't think Liverpool are interested in taking Owen back (unless offered for around the £8m they initially sold him for).

nailed on. However, keeping out a "bad egg" is preferable to some  :idiot2: who will of course complain about the financial implications later anyway.

Hang on, when I suggested the club was wrong to pay over the odds in terms of transfer fee and wages for Owen and it would have been better spending it on building a team you shot me down for it.

One sniff of someone wanting Bellamy back and you soon changed your tune.

Not sure about that, generally I would back the club shelling out the money for a guaranteed quality who, barring injury, is certain to perform for the club.

For instance, I think we should try and get the money to buy Tevez [who I would prefer to Bellamy]

Tevez is quality but I think he'll get better offers than us.

I'd have Bellamy back btw as I think he'll do well in a team that play the way Allardyce's does, Martins and Bellamy either side of a big man would do well IMO, maybe Viduka on a free transfer would be worth a look?

Guest makemeacupoftea

snap their hands off?

owen is world class, bellamy isn't

this must be a joke?

As HTL says in the next post mate, on football grounds I would rather swap him for Martins - like a shot in fact - but I'm quite bothered that in 18 months time Owen will be a free agent and we could lose him for nothing.

never thought about that like, but i just can't see us losing Owen for nothing though.

I think we should, sell Owen for whatever we can get, and buy tevez. Then maybe a few other decent attacking players, then we would actually be able to attack!

edit: not copying you NE5 about selling to get tevez, didn't notice it til now.

In regards to the comments about Martins being the one who should go, I just want to point out that he's scored almost 20 goals this season, in his first year in the Premiership, as a loan striker, with no consistant support from the rest of the team. Any evaluation of Martins that doesn't come to the conclusion that he has been a complete success is off, imo. Not to mention that he's a class act.

In regards to the comments about Martins being the one who should go, I just want to point out that he's scored almost 20 goals this season, in his first year in the Premiership, as a loan striker, with no consistant support from the rest of the team. Any evaluation of Martins that doesn't come to the conclusion that he has been a complete success is off, imo. Not to mention that he's a class act.

He hasn't scored for a while though. This means he's shit.

oh dear.

No you are avoiding the point and brining up stuff that happened just after the battle of hastings because you don't want to think about what is happening at the club NOW.

you really think replacing the board will lead us to an automatically better board and trophies don't you  mackems.gif

He hasn't scored for a while though. This means he's s***.

What has he done for us lately, then? I get it now! We'd better sell him fast.  ;D

oh dear.

you really think replacing the board will lead us to an automatically better board and trophies don't you  mackems.gif

No but I doubt we could find anyone who would manage to show us up as much as FS (here comes the back in 1734 stories....)

oh dear.

No but I doubt we could find anyone who would manage to show us up as much as FS (here comes the back in 1734 stories....)

he doesn't show me up mate.

Bolton fans will be pleased that their superior chairman and board are losing their manager to our shite one  mackems.gif I bet they are really laughing at us.

mackems.gif

I know he doesn't show you up but that says more about you than it does most normal people. Do you not cringe at some of the stuff he comes out with and not think "why can't you just shut up for once?".

I know he doesn't show you up but that says more about you than it does most normal people. Do you not cringe at some of the stuff he comes out with and not think "why can't you just shut up for once?".

not really, I'm not interested in the slightest, so long as he backs his managers and shows ambition for the club to win things, I really couldn't care less.

not really, I'm not interested in the slightest, so long as he backs his managers and shows ambition for the club to win things, I really couldn't care less.

Didn't think you would.

Martins out, Tevez in would be lovely, even if it costs a fair amount.

FYP.

Tevez will be most effective around equally intelligent footballers, not the likes of Obafemi and Shola.

FYP.

Tevez will be most effective around equally intelligent footballers, not the likes of Obafemi and Shola.

We haven't gone and wrote a ridiculously low get out clause in Martins contract as well have we? :(

FYP.

We haven't gone and wrote a ridiculously low get out clause in Martins contract as well have we? :(

There's no evidence that we've wrote one in Owen's contract yet. We should accept the first offer that sees us make a profit on Oba either way.