Owen/Bellamy swap?

Crumpy Gunt

Shepherd wouldn't allow Bellamy to come back.

And if Big Sam says he wants him?

Allardyce will hopefully listen to his boss.

So Sam wont have a free hand in the transfer market? More meddling from the boardroom?

"MORE" ???

Are you suggesting Shepherd sticks his nose into decisions regarding transfers?

SBR tells you that it was Shepherd who sold Speed to Bolton. Perhaps Sam knows what he's letting himself in for.

I was joking, mate O0

Shepherd can do things that are less obvious if he doesn't want a player here, he can drag his heels over fee's, wages etc like he did with Anelka and Boa Morte when Souness was here.

that is true, all chairman can if they wish. He can also be calling the situation truthfully, you say yourself the club has debts, which is correct, so whats your point ?

The truth is, he has backed his managers judgement, hugely, there is simply no argument about that.

What has the clubs debts got to do with this? A part of them come from signing Owen and Luque over Anelka and Boa Morte.

He dragged his heels over Anelka and Boa Morte by saying they wasn't worth the money, he said Fenarbache paid £3 million for Anelka so he would pay a penny more, he then went out a blew £10 million on Luque and £16 million on Owen so money wasn't the problem.

If he doesn't want a player here for whatever reason there are things he can do to not make a move happen rather than just saying no to the manager.

its self explanatory.

For instance, how do you know he "dragged his heels" over anybody, did he tell you or are you making it up ? I am pointing out that he didn't "drag his heels" when we bought Luque and Boumsong, is this fact or not ?

Leading onto the fact that having not dragged his heels over those 2, he then exercised financial restraint, which you criticise, then you also criticise the board for having debts through not exercising more financial restraint ?

Slate them whatever they do, which is it ?

So he was showing financial restraint by refusing to spend £14 million on the 2 players the manager wanted, only to go out and spend £26 million on 2 other players, handing the player costing £16 million a £9 million buy out clause at the same time.

I've not said he doesn't back his manager, I've said if he doesn't want a player or would prefer a different one there are things he can do to change that.

I know you won't have a bad word said against him though (you even backed him about what he said about Owen earlier this week) so there is no room to debate the point with you.

Shepherd wouldn't allow Bellamy to come back.

And if Big Sam says he wants him?

Allardyce will hopefully listen to his boss.

So Sam wont have a free hand in the transfer market? More meddling from the boardroom?

"MORE" ???

Are you suggesting Shepherd sticks his nose into decisions regarding transfers?

SBR tells you that it was Shepherd who sold Speed to Bolton. Perhaps Sam knows what he's letting himself in for.

I was joking, mate O0

Shepherd can do things that are less obvious if he doesn't want a player here, he can drag his heels over fee's, wages etc like he did with Anelka and Boa Morte when Souness was here.

that is true, all chairman can if they wish. He can also be calling the situation truthfully, you say yourself the club has debts, which is correct, so whats your point ?

The truth is, he has backed his managers judgement, hugely, there is simply no argument about that.

What has the clubs debts got to do with this? A part of them come from signing Owen and Luque over Anelka and Boa Morte.

He dragged his heels over Anelka and Boa Morte by saying they wasn't worth the money, he said Fenarbache paid £3 million for Anelka so he would pay a penny more, he then went out a blew £10 million on Luque and £16 million on Owen so money wasn't the problem.

If he doesn't want a player here for whatever reason there are things he can do to not make a move happen rather than just saying no to the manager.

its self explanatory.

For instance, how do you know he "dragged his heels" over anybody, did he tell you or are you making it up ? I am pointing out that he didn't "drag his heels" when we bought Luque and Boumsong, is this fact or not ?

Leading onto the fact that having not dragged his heels over those 2, he then exercised financial restraint, which you criticise, then you also criticise the board for having debts through not exercising more financial restraint ?

Slate them whatever they do, which is it ?

So he was showing financial restraint by refusing to spend £14 million on the 2 players the manager wanted, only to go out and spend £26 million on 2 other players, handing the player costing £16 million a £9 million buy out clause at the same time.

I've not said he doesn't back his manager, I've said if he doesn't want a player or would prefer a different one there are things he can do to change that.

I know you won't have a bad word said against him though (you even backed him about what he said about Owen earlier this week) so there is no room to debate the point with you.

I'm not defending anyone, I know that you never have a good word to say about the board whatever they do, but I'm only stating facts. All chairman have this power, and we have backed our managers more than most, to the hilt, and more, so you simply can't criticise them for exercising financial restraint if they feel the need to do it.

I'm not defending what he said about Owen, quite simply I don't give a toss, and I think it is completely irrelevant to what really matters, and I think only a real miserable bastard would get upset about it ie I don't think Owen will give a toss either.

I find it incredible that so many Newcastle fans insist they want success so badly, then put entertaining football first when they are looking at an appointment which could actually bring success. I also find it amazing that they constantly look up at supporters of the 4 teams who win the trophies and wish we were like them, but take absolutely no notice of fans who support these clubs when they tell them it is what happens on the field that counts, and anything else is more or less irrelevant.

The lovesick may dream, but Bellamy ain't coming back.

like a fly to dogshit.

Hows your idol Arsprilla these days, who scored 2 league goals a season ?

Not forgetting your mate the sunday people journo, who you dished the dirt on the club to ?

Guest Ezekiel 25:17

As far as I could understand from the latest set of accounts, we have very, very little to spend.  The cash situation has steadily worsened as we paid large transfer fees, continue to pay exorbitant wages,  our turnover has remained static and large dividends have been declared.  The latest report (if I have understood correctly) states that the net assets of the club are worth around £6m (down from around £70m when the club was floated on the stock exchange).  Of course, I stand to be corrected if anyone knows otherwise.

I can't say that I am impressed by players with egos, who seem to care little for their team-mates or their manager - a charge perhaps levelled at Bellamy in the past.  However, the suspicion that Owen's wages will greatly impair any attempts to get the club onto a more stable financial footing and that he may leave in two year's time for a nominal fee (if not for free), leads me to believe that a swap between Bellamy and Owen - which would reduce the wage bill (if only slightly), while also bringing in some cash and not leaving us a striker short - might be the wisest choice, should the opportunity arise.

That said, while I'm not sure if any of us can really know for sure how influential Freddie Shepherd would be in making such a choice, I really don't think Liverpool are interested in taking Owen back (unless offered for around the £8m they initially sold him for).

As far as I could understand from the latest set of accounts, we have very, very little to spend.  The cash situation has steadily worsened as we paid large transfer fees, continue to pay exorbitant wages,  our turnover has remained static and large dividends have been declared.  The latest report (if I have understood correctly) states that the net assets of the club are worth around £6m (down from around £70m when the club was floated on the stock exchange).  Of course, I stand to be corrected if anyone knows otherwise.

I can't say that I am impressed by players with egos, who seem to care little for their team-mates or their manager - a charge perhaps levelled at Bellamy in the past.  However, the suspicion that Owen's wages will greatly impair any attempts to get the club onto a more stable financial footing and that he may leave in two year's time for a nominal fee (if not for free), leads me to believe that a swap between Bellamy and Owen - which would reduce the wage bill (if only slightly), while also bringing in some cash and not leaving us a striker short - might be the wisest choice, should the opportunity arise.

That said, while I'm not sure if any of us can really know for sure how influential Freddie Shepherd would be in making such a choice, I really don't think Liverpool are interested in taking Owen back (unless offered for around the £8m they initially sold him for).

nailed on. However, keeping out a "bad egg" is preferable to some  :idiot2: who will of course complain about the financial implications later anyway.

Guest geordiebaz

We need a different type of striker to Owen and Martins and for me Bellamy a typical player, lets get Darren bent now Charlton down

nailed on. However, keeping out a "bad egg" is preferable to some  :idiot2: who will of course complain about the financial implications later anyway.

Hang on, when I suggested the club was wrong to pay over the odds in terms of transfer fee and wages for Owen and it would have been better spending it on building a team you shot me down for it.

One sniff of someone wanting Bellamy back and you soon changed your tune.

Guest king harry

Theres more chance of doing a swap for cisse, who is the type of player Sam loves, almost in the Diouf mould. He has a history of taking these moody characters and getting the best out of them.

Guest king harry

Bellamy plus 6 million? Yes please.

If this 10 million clause is right it would be closer to bellamy and 2 million

So you haven't seen Shepherds latest outburst then? No not the Nancy one, the latest one!?

oh dear.

She looks like a bloke in drag IMO, and who gives a toss anyway.

To me, seeing the club in the scenario I described was a circus, if anything.

The old "it was worse in my day" defence :lol: Pathetic.

After he was loaned out to Celtic, Fat man left it down to Souness if he wanted him back or not. If the new manager wanted Bellamy he would get him.

Bellamy plus 5/6m wouldnt be bad.. although naturally Id prefer to keep Owen if he wants to stay.

Guest makemeacupoftea

snap their hands off?

owen is world class, bellamy isn't

this must be a joke?

Guest makemeacupoftea

Would take Bellamy as a replacement for Martins, that's for sure.

now that's more like it

But would you swap him for Owen?

What do you think of Owen having a £9 million get out clause?

I would swap him for Owen IF Owen wants to leave and is going to leave, but I wouldn't try to do a deal like that, I'd try to bring Bellamy here without anyone leaving.

As for the question about a £9m get out clause. I haven't seen Owen's contract so I've no idea whether this is true or not. In any event, it would depend on other (obvious) things, such as when this clause takes effect.

Give me full details please.

But would you swap him for Owen?

What do you think of Owen having a £9 million get out clause?

I would swap him for Owen IF Owen wants to leave and is going to leave, but I wouldn't try to do a deal like that, I'd try to bring Bellamy here without anyone leaving.

As for the question about a £9m get out clause. I haven't seen Owen's contract so I've no idea whether this is true or not. In any event, it would depend on other (obvious) things, such as when this clause takes effect.

Give me full details please.

I haven't see his contract either but it has been suggested through the press by his agent that he can leave for less than £10 million because we failed to qualify for Europe, the talk of his get out clause last season couldn't be used becaue we qualified for Europe via the Intertoto.