Players who would have left the club under Roeder, but will now stay.

Sparks

Who do people think will now stay at the club with Allardyce taking over?

One of Allardyce qualities is his ability to rejuvenate players who have lost their way, so which of the many players who have underachieved here will now stay?

One of Souness's great failings was his inability to understand what had failed before him and he would endlessly try things that had not worked before under SBR. Ala dropping Robert and wondering why we were not creating anything or playing Shearer and Ameobi upfront together.

This is potentially something that concerns me with Allardyce, the likes of Carr, Babayaro, Bramble, Luque, Gooch and Moore were history under Roeder yet now they could start next season not only still in our squad but in our first team.

With Luque he has the talent to work with. Allardyce might see him as a challenge. Also , if he's going to use the same formation as he has at Bolton, then there's not many better for the left-forward position than Luque at his best. I still think the likely candidates will all go though with the exception of maybe Carr.

With Luque he has the talent to work with. Allardyce might see him as a challenge. Also , if he's going to use the same formation as he has at Bolton, then there's not many better for the left-forward position than Luque at his best. I still think the likely candidates will all go though with the exception of maybe Carr.

Agree with all of that, would be interesting to see if he do do anything with Luque.

At their best this would be a canny front six

Parker

Dyer                      Emre

Martins          Owen            Luque

Although, i'm convinced Luque has gone.

Guest gggg

At their best this would be a canny front six

Parker

Dyer                      Emre

Martins          Owen            Luque

Although, i'm convinced Luque has gone.

That with N'zogbia/ Duff for Luque would do tbh.

Just need a whole new back 4 then...

Guest Toon83

N'Zogbia is the only one i would keep out of the rumoured doomed players under Roeder, although Bramble might be worth a bit of work.

Babayaro, Moore, Gooch, Luque, Bernard, Emre, should all go and add Keiron Dyer, Stephen Carr and Scott Parker to that list IMO

Guest Toon83

How many signings are you expecting in the summer Toon83? You very very rarely see sides making 9 changes out and around the same in, in one summer.

All i did was list the players rumoured to be going under Roeder and then added a couple from speculation i've heard, and added Scott Parker as an opinion

I can honestly see Big Sam having a big clear out, maybe not 9 but atleast 6 and gettin a few frees such as Viduka, Distin, Ben Haim and then a few more to cover the outgoings

He'll want to assess each player first, which is the best policy IMO.

I'm not so sure about that, if he's scouted the team (when we played them) as well as he is supposed to then he'll be aware of all the weak links in our side, he's probably had an eye on all of our players in the final year of their conract for the past few months too with a view of signing them for Bolton.

I can see big changes though, plenty of players coming in who are out of contract with our lot in the same position going out, he'll also move on some of the players on big wages who he can cash in on who aren't worth what their transfer fee will be(Dyer, Parker) players like Ameobi, Butt, Carr, Babayaro, Milner and Ramage will be safe for this season.

I also think he'll relish working with Emre as he likes to convert players with a bad reputation.