Nicky Shorey?

Guest Deep456
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bet no-one has actually seen either of them play other than against us this season

I saw him against Watford this and last season.

Way to judge a player who is as solid as Woodgate  mackems.gif

Jesus you are more of a joke than i 1st thought, well done.  :idiot2:

Watch a lot of Wigan, do you?

More than this clown prince obviously if he thinks Shorey  = Woodgate because he's had two good games against a Championship team.  :laugh:

Baines had a much better 1st season in the EPL than Shorey.

And a shocking second one.

Shorey's hardly had a bad game in 2 years as Readings regular left back.

Defenders: Phil Neville (Everton), Joleon Lescott (Everton), Michael Dawson (Tottenham), Ledley King (Tottenham), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), Nicky Shorey (Reading)

Looks like he is in the England squad. Good stuff.

Phil Neville mind  :uglystupid2:

Wigan have been shocking tbf, and its hard for any decent player to shine in a shocking team, especially a LB.

I do agree he's (Shorey) a good player and would like to see him here, but £6m's and Woodgate comparisons is beyond fuking stupidity imo.

Guest gggg

Prices are going to be bumped up this summer because of the Tv deal so i dont think £6m for one of the best left backs in the league is that bad a deal tbh.

Prices are going to be bumped up this summer because of the Tv deal so i dont think £6m for one of the best left backs in the league is that bad a deal tbh.

£6m is a huge gamble, i don't think we should be going down the road.

£3m is a perfectly acceptable fee and about right for his talent. (considering they could of lost him for free at the end of this season but he signed a new deal)

With Wigan almost certainly going down i'd much rather go with the younger and more technical LB in Baines.

Both if the price is right (£3 + £5m) we need two players for every position, this would be a good start.

Bale is destined to be one of the world's great full backs. If there's any chance of getting him, I'd take it. His value will double in the next three years.

Thats a fucking big claim :lol:

Guest gggg
Bale is destined to be one of the world's great full backs. If there's any chance of getting him, I'd take it. His value will double in the next three years.

But he's nowhere near that yet, from what I've seen of him he's not that good defensively and this is at championship level.

I dont see the point in buying a player now for (about £7-10m if the rumours are true) for a player who wont be the finished article for at least 2 years. And who's to say his value wont decrease after playing in our defence.

Guest gggg
m?! F*cking hell man. Imagine we'd bid £6m for Michael Gray when Sunderland had those two good seasons and he was playing well.

Imagine if we'd bought Wayne Bridge.

m?! F*cking hell man. Imagine we'd bid £6m for Michael Gray when Sunderland had those two good seasons and he was playing well.

Imagine if we'd bought Wayne Bridge.

When? After he had proved himself over a number of years?

Imagine we bought Paul Konchesky when he got into the England squad and was being touted at over £5m.

Guest Toon83

I would take Shorey in a heartbeat but not for £6m, he has only had one very good season, ala Sidwell and he is suddenly branded with a big price tag, £6m for a left back is alot of money for Newcastle these days, i would take him for £3m maybe £4m max, but this figure just shows why premiership managers are buying from abroad, yet another over priced English man

Guest gggg
£6m is suicidal, especially when the papers this morning say we're only getting £15m + the funds from selling players, which to be fair, won't contribute a great deal.

£15m would buy a whole new defence with Shorey in it.

The funds from selling players could get some backup in for defence and midfield + some of Sams deals and weve got a half decent team.

Guest gggg
When? After he had proved himself over a number of years?

Eh? he was no more proven than Shorey. He wasnt in the England squad till he joined Chelsea.

Yes he was. I remember when Dean Richards went to Spurs from Southampton for £8m he used the "I want to play for my country" line as an excuse. A month later, Bridge of Southampton was called-up for the first time, Richards never did win a cap.

Yes he was. I remember when Dean Richards went to Spurs from Southampton for £8m he used the "I want to play for my country" line as an excuse. A month later, Bridge of Southampton was called-up for the first time, Richards never did win a cap.

Shhhh facts aren't welcome here!

Guest Deep456

may

Bet no-one has actually seen either of them play other than against us this season

More than this clown prince obviously if he thinks Shorey  = Woodgate because he's had two good games against a Championship team.  :laugh:

The funny thing is ur naivity at reading posts. I never said he is solid like Woodgate. He asked is he quick and I said he is like a woodgate type. Well done clown you can't read. Are they all this stupid in Newcastle?

£6m is suicidal, especially when the papers this morning say we're only getting £15m + the funds from selling players, which to be fair, won't contribute a great deal.

£15m would buy a whole new defence with Shorey in it.

The funds from selling players could get some backup in for defence and midfield + some of Sams deals and weve got a half decent team.

really can't see us getting alot from selling players to be honest, should we sell Emre, he'd get us about £3m.  Carr would fetch about £1m, Bramble could go on a free and I can't see anyone who could match Babayaro's wage demands (ie. anyone in the Prem), wanting to take him off us.

may

The funny thing is ur naivity at reading posts. I never said he is solid like Woodgate. He asked is he quick and I said he is like a woodgate type. Well done clown you can't read. Are they all this stupid in Newcastle?

You said he is like a Woogdate guy in defense, that means a woodgate type player not his fuking speed.

Its not my fault you cannot answer a simple fuking question properly or you would of said he has the speed of Woodgate, but why you'd pick him i do not know.

Not making sense, backtracking as you've been spouting shit, cant be arsed with your inept bollocks opinion on the matter tbh.

Baines looks a better defender to me.

With Allardyce in charge however, maybe we should go back in for Sorin, who he nearly signed and only turned Bolton down because they wouldnt meet his 35k pw wage demands. Although young, promising English players should be prioritised over foreign players of similar ability and price, Sorin is a better defender, a better footballer, far more experienced, and is alot stronger in the air than Baines or Shorey, and probably wont cost as much, despite being captain of Argentina.

£3m no more.

£6m gets you Baines, especially if Wigan go down.

Shorey is better.

No he's not.

He is. Baines is at fault for half of Wigans goals and their defence is even worse than ours.

Readings defensive stats are only marginally better than ours - about 2 goals, i think.