Owen

Parky

Martin's pace is very good; his speed on the ball is poor.

Head on the nail.

But his movement is generally poor anyway. Once he's taught how to move like a good striker, his pace will be utilised more/more effectively.

A positive article for once.

I know right! Also coming from the Times who Owen has a column with so it is pretty promising.

Still think Big Sam will not play two littleuns upfront judging from his history at Bolton, and so if Owen remains Oba might be out.

Why is it that 1 player always has to fucking go in some people's eyes? Can we not have both at the same time, is that so out of the question............jesus christ, players get injured all the time and similar players play well together at many different clubs. Its not like if we play both, then we're suddenly at a massive disadvantage.

Guest Gemmill

When Allardyce met members of the Newcastle squad for the first time last week, Owen was in Ireland, indulging his passion for horses.

:cheesy:

Forgot to mention this beauty from Oliver last night as well....

"The Chronicle can reveal that when Arsenal were at St James' Park on Easter Monday, Wenger asked United if they intended to play both Owen & Martins together as a double spearhead next season - and if not could he take the one who was being left out"

How the f*ck does that conversation go then?

"Glenn, who are you playing up front next season"

"Well you know, I'd sooner play Martins with a big striker, you know?"

"Ok, well since you're playing Martins, do you mind if we have Owen? Pretty please?"

If Arsenal want Owen or Martins, they'd bid for him! Not go for the one left over. Stupid prat.

Forgot to mention this beauty from Oliver last night as well....

"The Chronicle can reveal that when Arsenal were at St James' Park on Easter Monday, Wenger asked United if they intended to play both Owen & Martins together as a double spearhead next season - and if not could he take the one who was being left out"

How the f*ck does that conversation go then?

"Glenn, who are you playing up front next season"

"Well you know, I'd sooner play Martins with a big striker, you know?"

"Ok, well since you're playing Martins, do you mind if we have Owen? Pretty please?"

If Arsenal want Owen or Martins, they'd bid for him! Not go for the one left over. Stupid prat.

Wenger's lost it anyway. :cheesy:

Owen's talked to Allardyce and is mulling it over. He may yet stay.

I would rather him mull it over, agree a 1 year contract extension then stay. :D

None of the big hitters are after him so i don't know why you're holding out hope for someone to come in and pay significant money for him. He won't go anywhere this season.

But his price tag will go up.

Said this before - he'll use this season as a stepping stone to a big move, at the very least.

I would rather him mull it over, agree a 1 year contract extension then stay. :D

None of the big hitters are after him so i don't know why you're holding out hope for someone to come in and pay significant money for him. He won't go anywhere this season.

Said this before - he'll use this season as a stepping stone to a big move, at the very least.

That the same as Roeder won't be going anywhere this season? ;)

What do you mean his price tag will go up?

price tag go up?

if anything it will come down as he will have less time left on his deal?

Aye, i suppose that might be right.

However, personally, i'd rather we didn't sell him off for £11m now. But instead, let him score 20 goals next season and sell him off for £8m. If you catch my drift.

Entirely hypothetical, obviously.

However, personally, i'd rather we didn't sell him off for £11m now. But instead, let him score 20 goals next season and sell him off for £8m. If you catch my drift.

I think we would be lucky to get £8m. Liverpool got that much when he was at the peak of his hype.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6690613.stm

Does someone at the BBC hate us? Phil McNulty is the pricks name.

Headline - Benitez offered cash to lure Owen

Quotes - "He is a great player but it is down to Rafa's recommendation, not us," Gillett said of the England international. Obviously in response to a question.

Then - "If Rafa said he wanted to buy 'Snoogy Doogy' we would back him," added Gillett.

"Rafa's feeling is we need more depth because of the rigours of the schedule to be competitive.

"In every sport I participate in, there is a difference between a league season and the play-offs.

"That's where the genius of the manager is so essential and that's where Tom and I have to defer to his background and genius."

Thats the fucking BBC.  :(

None of the big hitters are after him so i don't know why you're holding out hope for someone to come in and pay significant money for him. He won't go anywhere this season.

I think we would be lucky to get £8m. Liverpool got that much when he was at the peak of his hype.

Did they sell him after France '98 like. ;)

None of the big hitters are after him so i don't know why you're holding out hope for someone to come in and pay significant money for him. He won't go anywhere this season.

You know what I mean :D

You know what I mean :D

Owen's apparently in the recording studio now laying down vocals on a charity cover version that he's going to release in a few weeks time. Apparently it's a cover of Bros' "I Owe You Nothing".

Sweet. :D

All eyes on Owen tonight then, rumour has it Man Ure will be watching him very closley to see how he comes though these England games, then we can expect a bid if he does well...

I thought Spurs had a wage cap of £40k p/w or so.  Would they completely demolish their wage structure just to get little Mikey?  That'd cause a bit of friction in the rest of the squad and have financial consequences for years.

I thought Spurs had a wage cap of £40k p/w or so.  Would they completely demolish their wage structure just to get little Mikey?  That'd cause a bit of friction in the rest of the squad and have financial consequences for years.

They are, however, also linked with roughly 90% of the players