nufc.com

lovejoy

The intriguing possibility has emerged that the Shearer appointment is linked to a new investor iin the club and he's been persuaded to take the position by someone other than Ashley and Llambias. The events of the coming days will doubtless prove or disprove that theory.

The intriguing possibility has emerged that the Shearer appointment is linked to a new investor iin the club and he's been persuaded to take the position by someone other than Ashley and Llambias. The events of the coming days will doubtless prove or disprove that theory.

It's me, lads and lasses. Stuck 50p into the club yesterday. Major shareholder now.

I think that possibility is just as intriguing and exciting as the Shearer appointment itself. I'd be chuffed to bits if we had another investor, it would have to keep DL and Fat Ash somewhat in line.

Guest KeithKettleborough

I think that possibility is just as intriguing and exciting as the Shearer appointment itself. I'd be chuffed to bits if we had another investor, it would have to keep DL and Fat Ash somewhat in line.

More likely the main reason is that Ashley has realised how much he will lose if we go down and that he will have to sell for peanuts if he is to get anything back. Pleading with "our only hope" to take over is probably the only option for an owner who hasn't a clue about football or the running of a club.

Plus of course, if the reported £1.8m to be earned if Shearer keeps us up is to be believed, then there would probably be no need to have any other investor  involved to persuade Al. Can you turn down that potential income for 8 weeks work even if you are a rich man? I wouldn't!

More likely the main reason is that Ashley has realised how much he will lose if we go down and that he will have to sell for peanuts if he is to get anything back. Pleading with "our only hope" to take over is probably the only option for an owner who hasn't a clue about football or the running of a club.

Plus of course, if the reported £1.8m to be earned if Shearer keeps us up is to be believed, then there would probably be no need to have any other investor  involved to persuade Al. Can you turn down that potential income for 8 weeks work even if you are a rich man? I wouldn't!

Thats the more likely scenario imho in your first paragraph and maybe just maybe Ashley has seen the light and realised what a fook up he has made but the cynical side of me keeps thinking season ticket renewals.

I loved their fair, balanced and unbiased reporting of Wise's departure  :rolleyes:

Club statement released on Wednesday evening:

Newcastle United can today confirm that Dennis Wise has left his position as Executive Director (Football).

The Club would like to take this opportunity to wish Dennis well for the future.

There are no plans to appoint a replacement in this role.

The club may wish him well for the future but we're glad to see the back of the odious, poisoned dwarf and alleged Blue Peter Garden destroyer.

We wish him nothing but misery for the future, having caused us untold grief for the last fourteen months.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Too gutless to justify such a position, of course...

Guest Sniffer

I loved their fair, balanced and unbiased reporting of Wise's departure  :rolleyes:

Newcastle United can today confirm that Dennis Wise has left his position as Executive Director (Football).

The Club would like to take this opportunity to wish Dennis well for the future.

The club may wish him well for the future but we're glad to see the back of the odious, poisoned dwarf and alleged Blue Peter Garden destroyer.

We wish him nothing but misery for the future, having caused us untold grief for the last fourteen months.

If you are upset at seeing the little twat go then you in a small minority. But then, there always has to be some.

You do realise it's an unofficial fansite?

<b>You do realise it's an unofficial fansite?</b>

You would of thought that's fairly obvious by their writing b*st*rds the pair of them.

• 2 weeks later...

not sure what the need for this is?

2001 West Ham (h)

2-1 (1-0)

Premiership

Cort(32)

Solano(56pen)

Lampard(80pen)

United finally ended a rotten run of seven league games without a win, gaining just two out of 21 possible points - enough to get most managers the sack at the start of the season. Bobby Robson romanticists please note....

Guest BooBoo

2001 West Ham (h)

2-1 (1-0)

Premiership

Cort(32)

Solano(56pen)

Lampard(80pen)

United finally ended a rotten run of seven league games without a win, gaining just two out of 21 possible points - enough to get most managers the sack at the start of the season. Bobby Robson romanticists please note....

They're simply pointing out that some Newcastle fans have over egged Robson's regime in hindsight to a ridiculous degree. SBR did well overall but that's not to say there were some pretty crappy runs and woeful players in the team before he struck gold with Bellamy and Robert.

2001 West Ham (h)

2-1 (1-0)

Premiership

Cort(32)

Solano(56pen)

Lampard(80pen)

They're simply pointing out that some Newcastle fans have over egged Robson's regime in hindsight to a ridiculous degree. SBR did well overall but that's not to say there were some pretty crappy runs and woeful players in the team before he struck gold with Bellamy and Robert.

Dont forget he was gunning for Zenden and Jeffers before them.  Imagine if we signed those two instead of Bellamy and Robert.  Oh dear.

2001 West Ham (h)

2-1 (1-0)

Premiership

Cort(32)

Solano(56pen)

Lampard(80pen)

Alex Ferguson went 12 games without winning.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Guest BooBoo

2001 West Ham (h)

2-1 (1-0)

Premiership

Cort(32)

Solano(56pen)

Lampard(80pen)

Dont forget he was gunning for Zenden and Jeffers before them.  Imagine if we signed those two instead of Bellamy and Robert.  Oh dear.

Indeed. I suppose all managers get lucky or dodge bullets when it comes to transfers but Bellamy and Robert completely rejuvinated our side from mid table boremongers to an exciting attacking side. If SBR had got his top targest then it would have been highly unlikely we would have been anywhere near as potent. Where the hell is Jeffers these days anyway?

2001 West Ham (h)

2-1 (1-0)

Premiership

Cort(32)

Solano(56pen)

Lampard(80pen)

I think a lot of fanboys seem to want to remember the good couple of years we had under Robson and choose ignore some terrible football before then.

2001 West Ham (h)

2-1 (1-0)

Premiership

Cort(32)

Solano(56pen)

Lampard(80pen)

They reckon it took approx 870 years, I prefer the rolling 5 year plan more.