nufc.com

lovejoy

Quite aside from the Bramble debate, the point they made about Sam's unilateral boycott of BBC reporters leaving the club open to media abuse is probably a fair and valid one. It's not like reporters won't just love the chance to stick the knife in, because it doesn't suit their news agenda. Would be preferable if the Panorama issues could be resolved during the close season period, IMHO.

i agree with that point mind, its time sam buried the hatchet with them now he is at a new club and all.

like .com said, give them a clean slate as well.

i reckon sam will stick to his though, unlike the goons.

On the basis of what people are suggesting, it would make sense not to sign anyone until the existing players have been given a decent run out under Allardyce to see if he can make them any good.

Fact is that to improve our team, Allardyce is going to have to make his own assessment of the existing squad, and as he hasn't had the chance to work with our current squad, he will make decisions that with hindsight will be wrong.

He will sign players in the wrong positions, he will fail to sign players in needy positions. He will sign players that can't adapt with the existing personnel.

Future transfer windows will be much better than this one.

Rafa Benitez sufferred the same problem when he took charge at Liverpool. At least Allardyce has some advantage in that he can identify the players that can or can't play in the Premiership.

I'm prepared to accept that this summer's transfer window will not be the definitive fix for all our woes.

On the basis of what people are suggesting, it would make sense not to sign anyone until the existing players have been given a decent run out under Allardyce to see if he can make them any good.

Fact is that to improve our team, Allardyce is going to have to make his own assessment of the existing squad, and as he hasn't had the chance to work with our current squad, he will make decisions that with hindsight will be the wrong.

He will sign players in the wrong positions, he will fail to sign players in needy positions. He will sign players that can't adapt with the exist personnel.

Rafa Benitez sufferred the same problem when he took charge at Liverpool. At least Allardyce has some advantage in that he can identify the players that can or can't play in the Premiership.

I'm prepared to accept that this summer's transfer window will not be the definitive fix for all our woes.

good post.

Guest johnson293

Quite aside from the Bramble debate, the point they made about Sam's unilateral boycott of BBC reporters leaving the club open to media abuse is probably a fair and valid one. It's not like reporters won't just love the chance to stick the knife in, because it doesn't suit their news agenda. Would be preferable if the Panorama issues could be resolved during the close season period, IMHO.

I kind of agree - but think an apology is gonna have to come from the BBC to heal the rift.

After all, they did seemingly target Sam in the programme, without any direct evidence against him - While it was his son that came out worst, it was never proved that he was even behind that either.

If the BBC were to offer an apology, that may see Sam speaking to them again.

However, did this affect Bolton too much when he was there, or does the same situation affect Man Utd and Fergie much (is it also the BBC he refuses to talk to)?

Guest Guinness

Fact is that to improve our team, Allardyce is going to have to make his own assessment of the existing squad, and as he hasn't had the chance to work with our current squad, he will make decisions that with hindsight will be the wrong.

He will sign players in the wrong positions, he will fail to sign players in needy positions. He will sign players that can't adapt with the exist personnel.

:thup: Well said

Guest hawayman

Bramble is gash the amount of times he gave possession to the opposition with crap long balls either staight off the pitch or 20 yards from any black and white shirt done my head in.

absolute shite, good riddance

Fact is that to improve our team, Allardyce is going to have to make his own assessment of the existing squad, and as he hasn't had the chance to work with our current squad, he will make decisions that with hindsight will be wrong.

He will sign players in the wrong positions, he will fail to sign players in needy positions. He will sign players that can't adapt with the existing personnel.

He knows our squad inside out.  He's got dossiers on all our players as he has all PL first team squads. I should imagine he already has a fair idea of what is what....Bolton were probably second only to Chelsea in this respect.

The Bramble decision wasn't made for footballing reasons, it was made (or carried out) to score popularity points. We all know that physically, Titus is one of the most gifted (readas: best) defenders in the league, he just lacks the mental capacity (under certain management styles) to carry that out for 90minutes. Seeing as Allardyce is supposed to be able to 'get the best out of players', it is perhaps rash to get rid of a guy who would walk into our first team when performing at his best.

I've read some sh*te on here before but that takes the biscuit.  Titus Bramble has let this club down time and time again with his inept concentration levels.  He has had chance after chance to improve and sort himself out and he has failed to do so.  The fact that you think he would walk into our team says more about the quality of the players around him rather than the quality of Bramble.  He doesn't lack the mental capacity under certain management styles, what a load of b*llocks - he has played under a number of different managers and consistently made mistakes - being gifted for 88 minutes in a game counts for nothing if he lets a howler go and it costs us the game.

I applaud whoever made the decision to get rid of Bramble, hopefully it spells a new attitude in the club that says we won't accept medicority because for all the talent in the world, without concentration he is without a shadow of a doubt one fo the most medicore defenders in the league!

Guest alex

Bramble's actually been shite for 6 seasons in the Premiership now as he was poor the season Ipswich went down too. He was bought on the back of the season before that. plus his youth/potential.

Guest Bramble OG

Anyone who thinks Bramble deserved the chance to stay and prove he's shite to the 4th Manager we have had since he signed needs there head read,  And for all we know Bramble has maybe already signed pre contract elsewere giving SA no choice in the matter anyways.

The Bramble decision wasn't made for footballing reasons, it was made (or carried out) to score popularity points. We all know that physically, Titus is one of the most gifted (readas: best) defenders in the league, he just lacks the mental capacity (under certain management styles) to carry that out for 90minutes. Seeing as Allardyce is supposed to be able to 'get the best out of players', it is perhaps rash to get rid of a guy who would walk into our first team when performing at his best.

What an absolute, unadulterated pile of gibbon piss.

Physically, Titus is one of the worst defenders in the Premiership, and his "potential" is based on one good season about 7 years ago.

Utter, utter shite he is, and i for one am very happy to see the best of him.

If it was SA - and it could have been, every PL manager has seen Shambles fuck up repeatedly - then well done, you big headed gum chewer, you made a good decision at the first time of asking.

If it was FFS - nice one fat bloke, you finally did something compeltely right.

All in all, a big fat plus for someone.

Can't believe people are slagging off getting rid of Bramble. Stopped going on .con a few years ago, more like a giant advert these days, and like someone else said, I imagine they get a fair living from the club these days. If we see 2 or 3 of the likes of Campbell, Ben Haim & Distin, I can't see there being many complaints.

Can't believe people are slagging off getting rid of Bramble. Stopped going on .con a few years ago, more like a giant advert these days, and like someone else said, I imagine they get a fair living from the club these days. If we see 2 or 3 of the likes of Campbell, Ben Haim & Distin, I can't see there being many complaints.

One of them boys would be better than Moore and Shambles combined, frankly.

.com has its uses, but lets not pretend its the voice of NUFC fans, its two lads who some people agree with at any given time, and some don't.

When I first stared logging on to the web, they were my first port of call, but I just find their stuff boring now. Whereas they used to be reliable with regards transfers now they just take pot shots like other media.

I click on there during the day but here is my first stop now.

They bore me!

this. it seems they've moved from articles with a bit of their own person opinion/bias in, to articles made purely to put across their own opinions. They're within all rights to do this, but it basically means the website becomes very boring so no doubt they'll lose users. Whether they care, I dont know but its just a little annoying that they can own .com and still pedal such bias.

When I first stared logging on to the web, they were my first port of call, but I just find their stuff boring now. Whereas they used to be reliable with regards transfers now they just take pot shots like other media.

I click on there during the day but here is my first stop now.

They bore me!

this. it seems they've moved from articles with a bit of their own person opinion/bias in, to articles made purely to put across their own opinions. They're within all rights to do this, but it basically means the website becomes very boring so no doubt they'll lose users. Whether they care, I dont know but its just a little annoying that they can own .com and still pedal such bias.

all opinion is about bias.

Guest johnson293

They have updated the articles, and removed the 'Rotten Management bit, but added a new footnote, which still applies a dig at the new management...

Confirmation from the club came on Wednesday that a back five of Pavel Srnicek, Olivier Bernard, Craig Moore, Titus Bramble and loanee Oguchi Onyewu had all now left United.

Four of those departures come as no surprise but the Bramble exit was less predictable.

A large number of Newcastle fans will be pleased to see the back of Titus after his countless number of cock-ups which have cost us games.

However, whose decision was it for Bramble to go? All we can assume is that his exit was well underway before Sam Allardyce arrived, or even before Glenn Roeder "resigned".

Big Sam announced on Tuesday that "everyone starts with a clean slate" so if it was his decision (and he was at York races on Wednesday) then what did Titus do to blot his copybook in less than 24 hours?

Perhaps the boos of the Blackburn game had persuaded the player to go but that seems unlikely given the regime change.

Whatever, a 25-year old potential England defender (on his day he could be superb) that cost us £4.5m has walked away for nowt.

If Allardyce's psychological expertise is all it's cracked up to be then surely he could have cured Bramble's concentration problems? Or at least had one more go?

Our suspicion is that like Bellamy, the exit of Titus wasn't totally based on footballing reasons - which would make any acquisition of Joey Barton interesting.... 

However we can expect to see Bramble at SJP next season - with another Premiership side.

http://www.nufc.com/

MJ

Guest johnson293

Anyone know what that's alluding to?

Only 'off-pitch' things I can remember about Bramble are his various motoring misdemeanors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titus_Bramble

Unless he has been 'difficult in the dressing room' in the last few months behind the scenes, which the local press have decied not to report on, while the 'N'Zogbia witch-hunt' has been in full swing.

Guest Gemmill

Whether the decision to release Bramble was for footballing reasons or not, the fact remains that he's a complete retard on a football pitch, and we're better off shot of him.  I cannot believe I'm seeing people defend him:  "physically one of the best in the league" ffs.  I walk past blokes in the street every day that would be the right build to play at centre half for NUFC, but for a variety of fucking good reasons, they aren't.  One of those reasons is that they're shite at fooball.  Like Titus Bramble.

It is pathetic that those two on NUFC.com, who have slagged Bramble off for years are now slagging off the decision to dispose of him.  They're only happy when they're moaning about something, even when there's nowt to moan about.

One of them boys would be better than Moore and Shambles combined, frankly.

.com has its uses, but lets not pretend its the voice of NUFC fans, its two lads who some people agree with at any given time, and some don't.

Well put.

the problem i think that we all have is the fact that they claim to be the 'fans voice' and are as backward as the rest of the press.

Oh aye. Where do they "claim to be the 'fans voice'", then?

i think everyone knows exactly what i meant.

OK, so they don't claim to be "the fans voice".

the problem i think that we all have is the fact that they claim to be the 'fans voice' and are as backward as the rest of the press.

Or they do, in a REALLY subtle, cunning way, by not actually doing so. Subliminal messaging, its the new black.

Guest sittingontheball

Bramble may do okay with better coaching and alongside a decent experienced defender. Birmingham are supposedly interested in Bramble and that's Steve Bruce's team. He should know a thing or two about center halves. However, before my head gets bitten off, I'm not saying we should keep him.  We should get the decent experienced defender in, but get him to play with Taylor who's crying out for guidance.  He's got more far more potential than Bramble.

The nufc.com site is getting a bit ridiculous with the ads for certain.  The betting ones in the main column are massive.

they dont have to want to be the fans voice to be viewed that way.