Bluescum and Smogs, Hearts of Gold

Martin Lol

Guest kingdawson

I think West Ham had the most, the whole squad. Villa's showing, two players and the manager, is abysmal.

Watford and Fulham have more.

Guest smoggeordie

I see were top by a country mile :thup:

Only time you've been top of a league for about a bazillion years.

Guest kingdawson

Fair play league my friend ;)

Guest smoggeordie

Fair play league my friend ;)

13th IIUGC

Bit of a weird guilt trip thing, I'm surely not the only one who finds that a bit, no very tasteless.

No, I agree, it's not one of those things you should have a league table about.

But there is, presumably for a 'name and shame' guilt complex, and I find it pitiful that the sports highest paid are also the least generous to what I think most would admit is a deserving cause.

Every senior pro at every club should have donated.

I can understand some of the young lads not doing it because they will probably not be on much comparatively and there's still a chance their careers will go down the shitter so they'll be wanting to bank as much money as they can at the minute.

The older players though, they've made it already. A few seasons in the Prem and you and your family don't have to think about money again so it's pathetic that some of them won't give up some money they won't even notice has gone to a good cause.

To be fair, I can see why some players wouldn't. If they already gave generously to charity by on their own time i.e. didn't get it in the press I can see why they'd be less than impressed with this. I seem to remember Keane criticising Quinn for making such a song and dance about giving his money to charity - I can sort of see where he's coming from. Keane gave heavily to charity but didn't go on about it.

That's not a very coherant point, but I'm sure someone will understand what I'm saying. Really, though, it's fantastic to see something being given back. Shame this sort of initiative doesn't take place more often.

Guest Morph

Give a shit who has and who hasn't, they aren't under any obligation to do so.  It's their money, let them do what they want with it.  They may put it into other charities for all you know.

Give a shit who has and who hasn't, they aren't under any obligation to do so.  It's their money, let them do what they want with it.  They may put it into other charities for all you know.

Agreed.

Though i'd rather they all gave their money to a charity that in my opinion is more worthy. Nowt against nurses, but they have a job for a start. Some people have nothing.