Mark Viduka signs for Newcastle - 2 years + 1 more optional

Guest SwissMagpie

Guest Rask0lnik0v12

Fat 'dukes is a good signing. He'll score at least 20... if we can keep him out of Greggs!!

Good stuff. Can't see how anyone could possibly question shipping out Sibierski and bringing in Viduka. He'll be a great foil for Martins or Owen. More of the same please Sam.  :)

Good stuff. Can't see how anyone could possibly question shipping out Sibierski and bringing in Viduka. He'll be a great foil for Martins or Owen. More of the same please Sam.  :)

:thup:

I honestly believe these people come out with such shite because they want an alternative view, Vic is a prime example.  Viduka, when he's on song is unplayable, his lack of desire (at times) for me has cost him being recognised as one of Europe's best strikers, because he's got more than enough ability to be held in that light.  He's done well at Boro, I think this move will further re-invigorate him.  It's not like his main asset is pace neither, we could easily get 2 or 3 quality years out of him.

I don't know who some of these people think we are!  Terrific signing, and to be honest I'm delighted James Beattie/Kevin Davies/Kenny Miller players of that ilk (who couldn't wipe Dukes arse), will not be coming.

I honestly believe these people come out with such shite because they want an alternative view, Vic is a prime example.  Viduka, when he's on song is unplayable, his lack of desire (at times) for me has cost him being recognised as one of Europe's best strikers, because he's got more than enough ability to be held in that light.  He's done well at Boro, I think this move will further re-invigorate him.  It's not like his main asset is pace neither, we could easily get 2 or 3 quality years out of him.

I don't know who some of these people think we are!  Terrific signing, and to be honest I'm delighted James Beattie/Kevin Davies/Kenny Miller players of that ilk (who couldn't wipe Dukes arse), will not be coming.

Im not a fan, and was dead against the idea of him signing under Roeder, but under Sam its a different kettle of fish for me. The questions about desire, temperament and fitness against him disappear quite quickly and he becomes a fantastic free signing, especially when you consider he is the replacement for Sibi.

This is me putting more faith in Sam then Viduka, but around 20 goals last season in a poor Boro team is a good start for anyone really, maybe my hatred of him in the past has blinded me slightly of his talent?

This is good sensible business and it must sting like a bitch if your a Boro fan.

Guest Invicta_Toon

great, I'm sure he'll get fitter and more motivated picking up more than he got at Boro sitting on the bench with a long contract, compared to playing all the time at contract renewal time

Guest alex

great, I'm sure he'll get fitter and more motivated picking up more than he got at Boro sitting on the bench with a long contract, compared to playing all the time at contract renewal time

I think he'll start when fit though more often than not. And he won't get a long contract.

Guest skhwoody

Viduka will be an excellent buy, and give our team for the first time in a long time, a bit of depth in the attacking department.

And comparing sib and Ameobi as equal or better just does not wash with me,  viduka does have a lazy streak in him and did from back when he played at Leeds, but a rocket up the arse and he is an excellent goal scorer and something that will only be an attribute to the team.

Guest hagler

it will be nice for him when he scores at home and does'ent  have to run 100yards to find the supporters

Guest skhwoody

at least if he cannot find them, he only has to spin around 180 degrees and bob's your uncle

I honestly believe these people come out with such s**** because they want an alternative view, Vic is a prime example.  Viduka, when he's on song is unplayable, his lack of desire (at times) for me has cost him being recognised as one of Europe's best strikers, because he's got more than enough ability to be held in that light.  He's done well at Boro, I think this move will further re-invigorate him.  It's not like his main asset is pace neither, we could easily get 2 or 3 quality years out of him.

Im not a fan, and was dead against the idea of him signing under Roeder, but under Sam its a different kettle of fish for me. The questions about desire, temperament and fitness against him disappear quite quickly and he becomes a fantastic free signing, especially when you consider he is the replacement for Sibi.

This is me putting more faith in Sam then Viduka, but around 20 goals last season in a poor Boro team is a good start for anyone really, maybe my hatred of him in the past has blinded me slightly of his talent?

This is good sensible business and it must sting like a bitch if your a Boro fan.

I agree....based purely on your avatar :lol:

Ben Haim and Viduka almost done according to Teamtalk...

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_2159584,00.html

Sam Allardyce will try to make the free-transfer captures of Mark Viduka and Tal Ben Haim the first signings of his Newcastle reign this week.

Middlesbrough hitman Viduka is currently in Australia but is believed to have verbally agreed to move to St James' Park this summer.

Portsmouth have also been heavily linked with the former Celtic and Leeds star - but the fact Viduka would not have to uproot his family and leave his North Yorkshire base appeals to the 31-year-old.

Magpies boss Allardyce has assessed his playing pool and wants Viduka as the powerful frontman he likes to have leading the line.

He is also hoping the arrival of Viduka will persuade Michael Owen to commit himself to the club.

The other area Allardyce is keen to strengthen is central defence, so has lined up Israeli hardman Ben Haim for a reunion when his Trotters contract runs out this summer.

Boro boss Gareth Southgate has all-but resigned himself to losing the services of Viduka so has already starting searching for his successor.

Viduka bagged 19 goals for the Teessiders last season so Southgate's number one target is prolific West Brom striker Diomansy Kamara, who is keen to leave The Hawthorns following their 1-0 defeat by Derby in the Championship play-off final at Wembley earlier this week.

The 26-year-old's 23-goal haul last season has won him a number of admirers, though, with Italian outfit Roma tipped to make a summer bid.

Albion signed Kamara from Portsmouth for £1.5million but will be looking for a handsome profit and a fee of around £6million, which may be out of Southgate's price range after he spent £7million signing Jonathan Woodgate on a permanent deal.

The Boro chief had targeted Crewe hitman Luke Varney but he has joined Charlton Athletic, so Oldham's Chris Porter - who top scored with 23 goals last season - is now firmly on his radar.

The 23-year-old has so far declined to sign a contract extension at Boundary Park and could sign for another club, though there would be a fee involved as he is under the age of 24.

It will be great if we can get Ben Haim

Him and Viduka, for nothing, would be a superb start to our transfer dealings. 2 essential purchases in my eyes, whilst allowing us to use our transfer budget elsewhere.

Head too big for these shoulders tbh http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=4750;type=avatar

Good signing though  :smitten:

More post appreciation here Stevie! Spot on...

The head is too big http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=4750;type=avatar

Too small more like, the bloke has a head like a baby hippo tbh.

Guest smoggeordie

Martins, Owen and Viduka. Can't see any of them wanting to be on the bench so it's either 4-3-3 or adios to one of the first two IMO.