Mark Viduka signs for Newcastle - 2 years + 1 more optional

Guest SwissMagpie

Guest Darth Toon

Martins, Owen and Viduka. Can't see any of them wanting to be on the bench so it's either 4-3-3 or adios to one of the first two IMO.

Owen                Martins

Viduka

Works for me!

Guest Guinness

Viduka would be an excellent signing, especially when you consider he's free. Hopefully this is true.

Viduka would be an excellent signing, especially when you consider he's free. Hopefully this is true.

Can't really see him going anywhere else tbh, pretty much nailed on he won't be staying with the Smoggies either way.

Guest Invicta_Toon

is he an excellent signing when you consider he's on big wages, his biggest ever job has been Boro and we have a billionaire owner?

Guest alex

is he an excellent signing when you consider he's on big wages, his biggest ever job has been Boro and we have a billionaire owner?

Boro bigger than Celtic and Leeds now eh? You are excelling yourself today I must say :lol:

Yep. Excellent player.

To be honest we may have a billionaire owner but we don't have his money yet and even though he is a billionaire I am not expecting Abramovich style investment from him. I actually think the most we'll be spending under him is £30 milion per summer.

Celtic are on another level compared to Boro. You can't compare them.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Boro bigger than Celtic and Leeds now eh? You are excelling yourself today I must say :lol:

no SPL Celtic and Div 2 Leeds are MASSIVE clubs

What about Leeds ??? He played in the Champions League I am assuming (can't remember) but clearly remember that was NOT with Borro

He only left Leeds when they were going down but when he was at Leeds, they used to be one of the top 4 teams...

Guest alex

Didn't realise he played for Leeds in the Second Division.

Guest Invicta_Toon

see, you learn something everyday Alex, if only you would listen

he didnt play for div2 leeds, he played for CL leeds, just like he played for CL Celtic O0

Guest alex

see, you learn something everyday Alex, if only you would listen

I already had a fair idea of your footballing knowledge.

Guest Invicta_Toon

he didnt play for div2 leeds, he played for CL leeds, just like he played for CL Celtic O0

You LIE

Tottenham have 4 decent strikers. So do we now. Ameobi is decent back up.

What we do need is to sort out the rest of the side.

Other than Butt, Dyer and perhaps Taylor there isnt one of them who is worth a place in a decent side. I know people here like Milner but he will never be capable in a side that wants to get to the top 5. The first two have done that. Milner is worth keeping as a squad player but we still a shit load of rebuilding to do.

Guest alex

Did he play CL football for Celtic?  :undecided:

Played against them for Croatia Zagreb. Might have been Uefa Cup or Cup Winners Cup though. Can't remember. He was bought on the back of that.

Guest alex

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/2001/05/08/valencia_leeds/

Leeds United: 1-Nigel Martyn; 18-Danny Mills, 29-Rio Ferdinand, 21-Dominic Matteo, 3-Ian Harte; 4-Olivier Dacourt, 23-David Batty, 19-Eirik Bakke, 10-Harry Kewell; 9-Mark Viduka 17-Alan Smith.

wow. they had a fantastic team back then. Too bad its not like that anymore :lol:

Had Woodgate then too.