O'Connor claims Magpies interest.

Optimistic Nut

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=467417&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=3&title=O'Connor+claims+Magpies+interest

Scotland international Garry O'Connor claims Newcastle United and West Bromwich Albion are both interested in his signature.

O'Connor currently plays for Lokomotiv Moscow, but his family has been unable to settle in Russia.

He has been linked with a return to the UK, with his former Hibernian manager Tony Mowbray keen to take the striker to West Brom.

But O'Connor, who is weighing up his future with Lokomotiv, has also revealed Newcastle are on his trail.

"I have options," O'Connor told a Russian media agency.

"I have thought about Newcastle and West Bromwich, who are both interested.

"WBA are managed by my old coach Tony Mowbray, who really improved my game in Scotland.

"He is trying to build a new side and they also have a good chance of going up to the Premiership.

"I'm not decided what I will do, but I'm interested in the options I have and will need to consider what I do this summer.

"My wife has not settled and if an English club make an offer I will think about it."

Guest gggg
On 22 March 2006, O'Connor scored for the first time for his new club, the opening goal in a 2-2 draw with Spartak Moscow in a Russian Cup tie. He opened the scoring for his side against Torpedo Moscow in a 4-1 win on 14 May. In the 2006 season he scored 7 league goals and 1 cup goal in the 29 matches he played in (although only on the field for the full 90 minutes in 5 matches - he averaged 58 minutes of playing time per match), and was yellow-carded once. In Moscow he has formed a partnership with Russian international, Dmitry Sychev although Dramane Traore, the Mali international has threatened his position.

On 22 March 2006, O'Connor scored for the first time for his new club, the opening goal in a 2-2 draw with Spartak Moscow in a Russian Cup tie. He opened the scoring for his side against Torpedo Moscow in a 4-1 win on 14 May. In the 2006 season he scored 7 league goals and 1 cup goal in the 29 matches he played in (although only on the field for the full 90 minutes in 5 matches - he averaged 58 minutes of playing time per match), and was yellow-carded once. In Moscow he has formed a partnership with Russian international, Dmitry Sychev although Dramane Traore, the Mali international has threatened his position.

Hardly going to set the premiership alight is he ?

Of course he isn't. He's Scottish.

Aye he'll do that when he is in management and coaching

A fair point. Shankly, Ferguson and Busby are all legends of the game and I'm certain O'Connor will follow in their footsteps...

Guest Geordiesned

A fair point. Shankly, Ferguson and Busby are all legends of the game and I'm certain O'Connor will follow in their footsteps...

The next Souness tbh.

The next Souness tbh.

If he's lucky.  blueyes.gif

Is this O'Connor guy the one with one eye?

You are thinking of Dean Shiels

Cheers for correcting me!

It's just I was thinking: in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Allardyce did say he would sign some not so obvious people that are not that well known ...

O'Connor is a bit of a Kevin Davies type. Very strong and committed player, who is good in the air and also has some decent speed.

Wouldn't be surprised if we bring him in and let Le Sib go ...