The Darren Bent Alternative

KaKa

Samuel Etoo    (Heard he had a quarrel with Frank a few months back, I wonder is that resolved? But I doubt he will come)

Benni McCarthy    (If Blackburn is willing to part & if we can show Benni our ambition)

Carlos Tevez    (Although Newcastle is one of the biggest club in UK, it's doubtful whether he is willing to come)

Theofanis Gekas    (Top scorer of the German Bundesliga in 2007 - 20 goals)

Kevin Kurányi

Lucas Poldoski 

None of those would step down IMO. Hugo Almeida, currently on loan at Werder would be worth a pop. Big, strong old school center forward.

If we want a pacey goalscorer Earnshaw could do the job and I doubt he would cost silly money but he doesn't add much else to the team. I do expect this suggestion to be mocked.

If we want a big strong lad to partner whichever of the two hypothetically stayed then Zigic would be worth a look.

And you should be mocked (for suggesting Earnshaw)...Rightly so...

Go for Johan Elmander in Tolouse. He has had a fantastic season, is an extremely hard worker and would be perfect in the premiership.

Yesterday he was named in the french ligues team of the season. He will probably cost around 8-10 mil but would be a perfect partner for Martins or Owen.

Guest teepee

Go for Johan Elmander in Tolouse. He has had a fantastic season, is an extremely hard worker and would be perfect in the premiership.

Yesterday he was named in the french ligues team of the season. He will probably cost around 8-10 mil but would be a perfect partner for Martins or Owen.

not perfect for the premierleague

not the perfect partner for martins/owen

doesn't score nearly enough goals

and not really that hard a worker tbh (not that he is outright lazy or anything..... but no gattuso either)

and not really that hard a worker tbh (not that he is outright lazy or anything..... but no gattuso either)

Have you actually seen him play?

Honestly if one of owen and Martins leave we would need to find a striker to match the other, ofcourse if both leave, then we can think about replacing them with a similar player.

Rahter blow a massive fee on Nugent than waste it on Bent, he is an okay striker but the sums of money being mentiond for him are obscene.

However I still think both Owen and Martins will be staying here..

Guest teepee

yes - many times - have you?

if you have my guess is that you are swedish ;-)

tbh i think he is a decent player, but i also think that he takes far too much time on the ball to make him a success in the epl

Rahter blow a massive fee on Nugent than waste it on Bent, he is an okay striker but the sums of money being mentiond for him are obscene.

I think Bent will be going to the bingo club.  Egghead has actually bid £15m and I can't see anyone wanting to match that figure.  The only hope is that Bent doesn't want to go there but if Charlton dig their heels in, Bent will have the choice of the spanners or the championship, not a lot of difference tbh.

Bent, as good as he is, ain't worth £15m.

I'd agree, but not a 'massive' fee for Nugent.

Bent just isn't that good.

I think Bent will be going to the bingo club.  Egghead has actually bid £15m and I can't see anyone wanting to match that figure.  The only hope is that Bent doesn't want to go there but if Charlton dig their heels in, Bent will have the choice of the spanners or the championship, not a lot of difference tbh.

A couple of weeks ago you were adament that all Bent had to do was pass a medical at the Spuds and he was being unveiled on theWednesday.

What happened then??!!

A couple of weeks ago you were adament that all Bent had to do was pass a medical at the Spuds and he was being unveiled on theWednesday.

What happened then??!!

The same thing that always happens with Jol and other "ITK's" they always believe everything they hear then when it looks like it might not happen they start to make excuses.

How about Derren Brown?

He'll just mind trick the world into thinking we won each game 4-0, easy as piss.

Derren for manager! (SA should at least get him on the payroll)

How about Derren Brown?

He'll just mind trick the world into thinking we won each game 4-0, easy as piss.

It wouldn't surprise me if SA does have someone on the payroll to do a similar 'mental' job on the players.

Think like winners, act like winners. And other such gobshite

tbh i think he is a decent player, but i also think that he takes far too much time on the ball to make him a success in the epl

Yes. I am swedish. ;-)

I used to say that Elmander is the talented player that never achieves his full potential. But when he came to FC Copenhagen playing under Michael Laudrup something changed. He matured and became a cracking player. His season in France has been amazing and i beleive his powerful style ande tha way he runs could be perfect in the premiership. I also beleive that all the running he puts in for every game could make a lot of room for his partner upfront, Owen or Martins.

How about Derren Brown?

It wouldn't surprise me if SA does have someone on the payroll to do a similar 'mental' job on the players.

Think like winners, act like winners. And other such gobshite

Fuk that, get the man himself.

I'm sure we could pay him more than his stage routine or even Ch4, especially when it works.

£1m to hypnotise the entire team to think they are pele.  O0

Guest teepee

Yes. I am swedish. ;-)

I used to say that Elmander is the talented player that never achieves his full potential. But when he came to FC Copenhagen playing under Michael Laudrup something changed. He matured and became a cracking player. His season in France has been amazing and i beleive his powerful style ande tha way he runs could be perfect in the premiership. I also beleive that all the running he puts in for every game could make a lot of room for his partner upfront, Owen or Martins.

he never played for fc copenhagen :D it was brøndby. this is where i watched him quite a bit as i am danish. and he just never really impressed me all that much...

but i agree that laudrup helped improve him massively, and given his form over the last half season there and what he is apparantly showing in france, he is definately a decent player.

i do, however, still feel that he lingers on the ball for too long on occasions and that his finishing probably isn't good enough for england. i may be wrong though.... just remember that the step up from france to england is much bigger than that from denmark to france

How about Derren Brown?

Best candidate for mind games before kick off.

Guest Steven_MB

IF we want a cheap 3rd striker, then we should go for Dank lazovic, playing for vitesse arnhem in Holland, unlike other dutch strikers, he has no chance of european football, and a £2 offer was turned down. He scored 21 goals this season. jan Huntellar (klaas act) or Alves would be awesome to replace martins/Owen if they leave, but if they don't then not worth paying price,

IF we want a cheap 3rd striker, then we should go for Dank lazovic, playing for vitesse arnhem in Holland, unlike other dutch strikers, he has no chance of european football, and a £2 offer was turned down. He scored 21 goals this season. jan Huntellar (klaas act) or Alves would be awesome to replace martins/Owen if they leave, but if they don't then not worth paying price,

:boomboom:

Guest Breezer

How long do you reckon it be before Mickey tell us whether he want to stay at Newcastle Utd or not?  ???

How long do you reckon it be before Mickey tell us whether he want to stay at Newcastle Utd or not?  ???

He won't.  When it becomes clear that no significant teams want him, he will stay and, after the event, claim that he never wanted to leave.  IMO, he wants out and won't say that because he doesn't want to burn his bridges.