Announcement - Please all read

Dave

One thing I find mental on here is the whole concept of the "official match thread" immediately being locked when the final whistle goes, and an "official post-match thread" being started.  I would have thought users are intelligent enough to know that when the match finishes, they are discussing things "post-match" without having to be directed to a new thread.  There could also be a pretty good discussion going on re a particular issue, and all of a sudden that's brought to a halt by the thread being locked - I know that's happened to me on one occasion, you're replying and all of a sudden "This thread has been locked".  There's no guarantee that both/all parties involved will move to the new thread, so you just end a perfectly good discussion for......well, what reason exactly?

And before our over-sensitive moderating team start, no this isn't "any excuse to have a dig" :razz: , it's something which I genuinely think makes no sense.  As Isegrim has said, why the need to control things to the extent that a match thread has to be instantly locked when the final whistle blows, just to ensure that nothing "post match" can be mentioned in it?

I admit that i've been guilty of that a couple of times, cutting people off by doing things too quickly. The idea is so that people know where the match thread ends and the post match thoughts begin. Sometimes match threads can be bloody huge, people shouldn't have to sift through 40 posts of 'FT!' to get to the start of the post match discussion.

Point taken though.

One thing I find mental on here is the whole concept of the "official match thread" immediately being locked when the final whistle goes, and an "official post-match thread" being started.  I would have thought users are intelligent enough to know that when the match finishes, they are discussing things "post-match" without having to be directed to a new thread.  There could also be a pretty good discussion going on re a particular issue, and all of a sudden that's brought to a halt by the thread being locked - I know that's happened to me on one occasion, you're replying and all of a sudden "This thread has been locked".  There's no guarantee that both/all parties involved will move to the new thread, so you just end a perfectly good discussion for......well, what reason exactly?

And before our over-sensitive moderating team start, no this isn't "any excuse to have a dig" :razz: , it's something which I genuinely think makes no sense.  As Isegrim has said, why the need to control things to the extent that a match thread has to be instantly locked when the final whistle blows, just to ensure that nothing "post match" can be mentioned in it?

Agree with this btw. A few times in a match thread a debate has been ended because it's locked. Just keep it all in the one thread.

I would probably agree with that, I can't see the point of having more than one thread for a match.

Guest DavB93

Why don't we just go back to when the threads got moderated before been accepted..much better idea.

Why don't we just go back to when the threads got moderated before been accepted..much better idea.

Mainly because people basically stopped posting and the forum was dead.

Do people want the pre-match threads (predictions, lineups etc) in the same thread as well then?

No. I don't see why some nany people are fussy about the number of threads we have. Gets confusing when you are trying to have a debate about the luneup and then you get several posts with just predictions in.

Can do what you like with the match threads, we're just doing it how Phil and Chris told us to from day one. Simple as that really.

The only thing I hate is the pre-match threads being used to discuss the match, as they're often about a week and a half old by the time the game comes, and filled with mindless amounts of formations. Not really arsed, never really post in them.

I've often laughed at the "Official" bit though.

Bearing in mind we've just hired a new manager and the transfer window is due to open soon, I'm not sure there's been that many 'bad' threads recently. Won't this lead to newer members 'spamming' in other topics in order to raise their post count anway?

Bearing in mind we've just hired a new manager and the transfer window is due to open soon, I'm not sure there's been that many 'bad' threads recently. Won't this lead to newer members 'spamming' in other topics in order to raise their post count anway?

I've tried to address this in the OP. If they 'spam' decent stuff then there's no problem whatsoever. If it's obviously a load of annoying shit then we'll just restrict them anyway. :lol:

Edit - as Bluf says.

We should have a transfer forum again :D

Agree with the match thread thing aswell, one time it was locked about 5mins before the end of the match, someone was an eager beaver that day :lol:

Guest niina

Hi,

I don't think it's a good idea, number of post based for starting a new thread. You people can't just see that NUFC fans (or in this case N-O reader) only live in England (or Europe) where the internet connection is good. Take example me, I live in Asia, and I still use dial-up connection, I can't post everday like you guys, otherwise my phone bill will raise up very high, therefore I don't have large number of posting. But I several times start a new thread, you guys can see whether people like me (with low number of posting) are start shit thread or not (all of you can search threads started by me and see whether their are shit threads or not).

You can't judge, well this people have a low number of posting, if he/she start new thread, then it must be shit thread. Get what I mean?

Hi,

I don't think it's a good idea, number of post based for starting a new thread. You people can't just see that NUFC fans (or in this case N-O reader) only live in England (or Europe) where the internet connection is good. Take example me, I live in Asia, and I still use dial-up connection, I can't post everday like you guys, otherwise my phone bill will raise up very high, therefore I don't have large number of posting. But I several times start a new thread, you guys can see whether people like me (with low number of posting) are start shit thread or not (all of you can search threads started by me and see whether their are shit threads or not).

You can't judge, well this people have a low number of posting, if he/she start new thread, then it must be shit thread. Get what I mean?

I don't think women should be allowed to post let alone start new threads!

Forum Darwinism selecting those with verbal diarrhea and/or nothing to say.

New poster A:

• Has insightful ideas and intelligent arguments which require thought and time to articulate correctly.
  • Signs up, lurks a bit, posts a few replies a day during his lunchtime
  • After a few weeks he decides to start a new thread debating the merits of psychological profiling of players to determine the best way to motivate them on an individual basis.
  • Realises he needs to post 85 more replies before he's allowed the privilege of starting a thread.
  • Says fuck that & signs up for toontastic

New poster B:

• Great Post
  • :rolleyes:
  • Great Idea
  • mackems.gif
  • Spot on
  • :clap:
  • I Microwave Hamsters.
  • :idiot2:

... a day and a half later ...

• New Post: Luque?
    Does he deserve another chance?

Is that what you want? 'cos that's what'll happen.

PS Postcount++