Hyypia in Toon?

Guest Andrew Flintoff

Guest eyeball_tickler

he's better than what we have currently (nothing)

Taylor is better than Hyypia...easily.

look at the bigger picture, someone's gotta play beside taylor and we currently have nobody.

Guest DavB93

Yeah Hyypia only gets 1 red card a year in comparison to Taylors 3 and is only responsible for 5 goals to Taylors 8. ;)

Taylor has played much more games than Hyypia this season..

Is Hyppia that bad now like? ;)

Taylor may be younger and fitter but Sammi has a great footballing brain and also a way better temperment. I think Taylor has the potential to be a better player at his peak than Hyypia was at his.

Guest DavB93

Is Hyppia that bad now like? ;)

Taylor may be younger and fitter but Sammi has a great footballing brain and also a way better temperment. I think Taylor has the potential to be a better player at his peak than Hyypia was at his.

Will just have to wait and see what happens.

I think it was always going to be either Hyypia or Campbell and not both. We should now aim to get one more central defender who is young but with experience i.e. Ben Haim.

Guest DavB93

I know alot don't like Ramage but I still think he'll turn out to be a decent player for us.

Guest eyeball_tickler

i think mark lawrenson put his development back a few years then told the manager not to buy him

Guest elbee909

Bramble was pretty fast on the deck, but slow in other areas.  We could do with at least one slow defender but with an experienced head.

Guest Knightrider

He's the type of player who Big Sam would have bought for Bolton and after 12 months of outstanding performances for the Reebok side, would have us all wondering why the heck that dosey cunt Roeder never snapped him up.

Sol Campbell all over again...

Hyypia has no pace like but his experience will see him through against the lesser sides in the league and that experience could be vital for others around him, especially Taylor. I'd welcome his signing.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=hy-price-f-or-sami&method=full&objectid=19196384&siteid=89520-name_page.html

HY PRICE F OR SAMI

25/05/2007

LIVERPOOL veteran Sami Hyypia has priced himself out of a move to Fulham. Hyypia, available on a free transfer, wanted £30,000 a week and Fulham have now turned their attentions to Aberdeen centre-half Russell Anderson.

Guest alex

I know alot don't like Ramage but I still think he'll turn out to be a decent player for us.

He's not as bad as people make out I feel but he simply doesn't have the attributes. Could have a decent career at a lower level though.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=hy-price-f-or-sami&method=full&objectid=19196384&siteid=89520-name_page.html

HY PRICE F OR SAMI

25/05/2007

LIVERPOOL veteran Sami Hyypia has priced himself out of a move to Fulham. Hyypia, available on a free transfer, wanted £30,000 a week and Fulham have now turned their attentions to Aberdeen centre-half Russell Anderson.

£30,000 a week wouldn't be too bad for a season or two when he is on a free. I bet Moore was on at least that!

Hyypia is slow, but he's never really been fast. He could probably manage another 20 game season, which would be fine as long as two more centre-halves are incoming. Bearing in mind we now only have 1 central defender anywhere near Premiership standard on our books, we can't afford to turn away someone of his quality and experience on a free.

£30,000 a week is absolute peanuts when you take into account the fact that he is on a free!!!

Hyypia is also a great talker and his communication and direction at the back would be invaluable for us.

Hyypia in my opinion had a lot to do with making Carragher look good a lot of the time and taught him a hell of a lot, and I think Taylor is far ore naturally talented than Carragher so it would be great for Taylor.