Most exciting Toon player?

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

Many older people I know say Supermac was the most exciting player they'd seen at the club, bit before my time but Andy Cole would be my choice as he was so explosive in and around the box. Even if he had a crap game and did nowt for 90 minutes, you knew all it would take was one chance and he'd bag us a goal as he did 41 times in just one season.

"He gets the ball and scores a goal..."

Robert. Was thinking the other day watching the champions league final, ever time there was a freekick anywhere inside the opponents half Robert would probably go for it. He is one player who I wouldn't mind shooting any time he had the goal on sight.

Guest alex

Always Pedro for me but I think Ginola v Neil Cox / Boro was the best individual performance (and most exciting I suppose) I've seen in a Toon shirt.

Guest DavB93

Robert. Was thinking the other day watching the champions league final, ever time there was a freekick anywhere inside the opponents half Robert would probably go for it. He is one player who I wouldn't mind shooting any time he had the goal on sight.

The majority of the shots would go over or wide though.

but he did have some world class shots. Dont think ive seen anything like his long range goal against tottenham i think it was..

Many older people I know say Supermac was the most exciting player they'd seen at the club, bit before my time but Andy Cole would be my choice as he was so explosive in and around the box. Even if he had a crap game and did nowt for 90 minutes, you knew all it would take was one chance and he'd bag us a goal as he did 41 times in just one season.

"He gets the ball and scores a goal..."

Got an Andy Cole poster with the lyrics:

"Andy Cole, Andy Cole,

Andy Andy Cole,

He gets the ball

And he scores a goal

Andy, Andy Cole"

Think it's from an old issue of Black & White

My thoughts exactly. Couldn't stand the bloke shooting on site myself. He wasted so many 'play building' opportunities it was unreal.

He was to build up play what Scott Parker is to the Attacking Centre Midfield role.

I was delighted we got rid of him.

Guest Knightrider

I never quite appreciated Beardsley like I should have done :(

Just watching old tapes of him and us in action though, how much would he be worth in his pomp today? Pissses all over the likes of Berbatov tbh.

My thoughts exactly. Couldn't stand the bloke shooting on site myself. He wasted so many 'play building' opportunities it was unreal.

He was to build up play what Scott Parker is to the Attacking Centre Midfield role.

Comparing him to Parker is bollocks, at his peak he was immense for us. Yes a lot of his long ranges efforts wouldn't go in but he would score a fair amount of goals and get a very good amount of assists.

The fact that he could shoot from 40 yards with a decent chance of it going in made him and exciting player and someone you would let off for having a go.

Comparing him to Parker is bollocks, at his peak he was immense for us. Yes a lot of his long ranges efforts wouldn't go in but he would score a fair amount of goals and get a very good amount of assists.

The fact that he could shoot from 40 yards with a decent chance of it going in made him and exciting player and someone you would let off for having a go.

Would I? Fuck off Gejon -  you just don't like people disagreeing with you.

Not a patch on Ginola for skill, flair and excitment.

Would I? Fuck off Gejon -  you just don't like people disagreeing with you.

Not a patch on Ginola for skill, flair and excitment.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Albert Luque, and i am not joking :lol:

Don't know why but i get over exicted whenever he's playing...the whole "forgotten man" and the 98 pages "Albert Luque" thread made him to most exicting player to follow in our team at the moment..

Before him was Shearer, a player who can score from any half chance he gets, was always nice to see him fight for every single ball with every ounce of power he had left..