Sam: I'm close to first signing

Guest smoggeordie

Guest Alan_Shearer

Hopefully...i say that but truthfully i actually don't know how good or not he is...can anyone compare him to a more well known defender? Cheers.

For now i'll go look what Pro Evo says...

Guest smoggeordie

Hopefully...i say that but truthfully i actually don't know how good or not he is...can anyone compare him to a more well known defender? Cheers.

He's better than Titus Bramble.

Guest nufc 4 life

just quickly i have always thought the transfer window opens on the first of July, but the newcastle blog thing says it opens on the first of June does anyone know the proper date, thanks.

And this is very good i want to see link though  :razz:

He's better than Titus Bramble.

He's better than Steven Taylor, although for me that is down to experience only.

Should make an excellent partnership, he's a lot calmer than Taylor.

just quickly i have always thought the transfer window opens on the first of July, but the newcastle blog thing says it opens on the first of June does anyone know the peoper date, thanks.

And this is very good i want to see link though :-)

Does the transfer window apply to free transfers too though? I'm not sure

Guest nufc 4 life

just quickly i have always thought the transfer window opens on the first of July, but the newcastle blog thing says it opens on the first of June does anyone know the peoper date, thanks.

yes hang on i will post a link

No but Ben Haim isnt a free transfer until July 1st.

Guest Geordiesned

oh and what is the Ronnie?

"Ronnie Gills" is basically what it sounds like when the sellers in Northumberland Street shout "Chronicle".

Guest nufc 4 life

http://nufcblog.com/sam-allardyce-must-now-think-big-very-big/

right at the bottom this is what it says

We hope to be seeing some defenders being brought in now - once the window opens on June 1st - otherwise if we wait until the last minute as we’ve done in the past - it will take them a couple of months to gel - and then we may have lost too many points.

Guest nufc 4 life

The Chronicle Newspaper

(local Newcastle paper)

thanks thought it might be the chronicle

"Ronnie Gills" is basically what it sounds like when the sellers in Northumberland Street shout "Chronicle".

Sure the one outside Eldon Square shouts 'Crimi nail'

Guest Geordiesned

just quickly i have always thought the transfer window opens on the first of July, but the newcastle blog thing says it opens on the first of June does anyone know the proper date, thanks.

You can't complete a transfer until 1st July but you can sort everything else out bar the actual signature before then.

Guest Geordiesned

:lol:

No but Ben Haim isnt a free transfer until July 1st.

Meh, contracts are agreed.

Very good news! Can't say i'm overly surprised.

Guest nufc 4 life

You can't complete a transfer until 1st July but you can sort everything else out bar the actual signature before then.

good thought this was the case until i saw that article

You see people walking past looking at the person next to them quickly checking their own pockets.

Guest nufc 4 life

o wow maybe i'm wrong again this is from wiki

Transfer window is the term given to the period in football when a football club can transfer players either in or out of their playing staff. However, an existing loan deal can be made permanent at any time outside the transfer window. The window was introduced in response to negotiations with the European Commission. The system has been used in many European leagues before being brought into compulsory effect by FIFA during the 2002-03 season. There are two windows per season, 1st June until midnight of 1 September and one from midnight on 1 January until midnight on 1 February the same year. Clubs from the Football League Championship to the Football Conference can loan in players from 8 September to 23 November and also from 8 February until 23 March.

I'm so confused