Sam: I'm close to first signing

Guest smoggeordie

I'm conficent Viduka will sign this week.

And I've been told that Joey Barton is on Sams list.

What do you think about signing Joey Barton?

Obviously he has a bit of a temper but I'm hoping Sam could curb that and we could get to see some excellent football from the lad as we know hes capable

Obviously he has a bit of a temper but I'm hoping Sam could curb that and we could get to see some excellent football from the lad as we know hes capable

not a fan

Guest Knightrider

I hope we don't sign Barton, although he's a decent player, he's also a knacker. Still, I'd trust Big Sam to get the best out of him and to curb his ways. That could be Haim, Viduka and Barton in for something like a £3m outlay, all 3 would walk into our current team.

TBH if SA cant control him we can just sell him on, He is a good player and we need a midfielder who knows how to get forward.

TBH if SA cant control him we can just sell him on, He is a good player and we need a midfielder who knows how to get forward.

How many has Barton got this season?

I'd be delighted if both signed.

Guest Knightrider

2 more than that cockney wanker Parker...

I'd be happy with the 3 of them and all that for, as mentioned, about 3m or so. If we have about £40m then god knows how well we could do next season. Skys the limit in a way.............depending on how this board meeting goes from tomorrow, fingers crossed :)

2 more than that cockney wanker Parker...

:lol:

Hardly prolific though is he? Does seem like an Allardyce-type of player.  :undecided:

Guest Knightrider

He is a good player Barton but he's the type who'll split fans like Parker and Emre because like those two, he's decent enough but nowt special. Hopefully we'll stay clear of the cockend and aim for an all-round better player.

Probably going to get a bit of stick for this but why on earth do we only get linked with Premiership-based players, particularily those with issues (out of contract (Ben Haim)/wants out (Viduka)/aging (Hyppia/Campbell)/no future (Barton) etc)?

We've got money - regardless of the takeover - and I don't understand why people/the papers/the club (?) seem to have such a problem looking into Europe or the lower leagues for new players. Of all the players we've been linked with this window I can count about 3 who aren't playing in England.

Hopefully it's just a case of waiting for the Europeans league to end and for the club's staff and infrastructure to be sorted.

Is it not a working day for people in England today? Heard something about it being a sunday today from a friend who lives in London..

Bank holiday, free day off.

Is it not a working day for people in England today? Heard something about it being a sunday today from a friend who lives in London..

It's a bank holiday today, the vast majority of the country has the day off.

I rate Barton as a player. He's dynamic and makes things happen.

The problem is he's a proper wanker, and shows no sign of letting up. Not sure we need the baggage, as he's not good enough to justify it.

He is a good player Barton but he's the type who'll split fans like Parker and Emre because like those two, he's decent enough but nowt special. Hopefully we'll stay clear of the cockend and aim for an all-round better player.

He is an all round better player than the two you mention.

Guest TheOrder

Bank holiday, free day off.

Free day off for some, double time and a day in lieu for me.