Sam: I'm close to first signing

Guest smoggeordie

No way Sam blows £10 million on Davies. This has to be a left over rumours from the Glenn Roeder days.

The reaction to Kingston and Boateng makes me giggle though. Is it such a surprise that good players can be found in not so obvious places? Just look at Drogba you want to talk about a late developer? He was playing in the second division at the age of 22!

Even Ben Haim, you know, the guy we are all hoping signs ... I wonder what the rection would have been if we were signing him from Israel like Sam did while he was at Bolton. I mean we are talking about an Israeli player from Israel here. People would have been going mental!

Sam's got skills. I'm not necessarily saying that these guys will be world beaters, but I can guarantee you they will not be crap, and there is a chance, in my opinion, that they will be very good. They will make a contribution to our team. 

I am really excited that Sam appears to be sticking to his formula and not deviating from it just because there might be a rich new owner.

They're not crap by any stretch of the imagination. I'm going with Sam's judgement on these two, Kingston especially from what I've heard 2nd hand is a bit tasty.

Parky I was wondering though ... do you think Boateng is being monitored as an alternative to Kingston or do you think Sam wants both?

I cannot believe Hearts have an agreement to take up the option on Kingston for £500,00 and they haven't done so. Just over a week to go and we will have a chance at him.

No idea unfortunately. I have a feeling we would have signed sounded out  ;) Kingston untill the Ashley thing changed the whole ball game.

What? I was really looking forward to some classic Sam signings. players who would definitely be taking a steop up by coming here, and hopefully doing very well. I had high hopes for Kingston.

That really sucks! I hope your not saying Sam's got 'stars' in his eyes. Is he now after bigger names, or has the Ashley thing just slowed everything down.

The media are fanning up a whole host of flames reg Beckham (cobblers) Crouch (not even leaving Liverpool by all accounts) and even Reo-Cocker who is clearly going to Arsenal, because there is still a lag in the system and they haven't come to terms with Sam/Newcastle and the fact he is very diligent regarding researching players. Hence Kingston and Boateng aren't names the red tops want to attach to us. Although regarding Kingston ( I mentioned him to a few on here two weeks ago iirc) began to appear as a definite possibility ( and I think he still is) as someone who Sam has been tracking from his Bolton days.

Sam will sign one or two hard working and high tempo African players and he also likes a bargain, these two fit the frame. I know very little about them, but you can bet Sam knows as much as he needs to know. On the last point he probably is looking for a big marquee player as the whole ballgame has changed over the last week, but that doesn't mean he will turn down Sammy style bargains.

Good. I just wasn't sure what you meant by Ashleys arrival affecting Sam possibly going after Kingston ...

Newcastle want Manchester City's Joey Barton and are prepared to let fellow midfielder Scott Parker move to West Ham for £8m. (Daily Mirror)

Been printed before... last week sometime iirc.

Thing is if we get Viduka? Hows he ever gonna get a game with Owen and Martins up front??? If Owen leaves we will get Defoe or someone else of that quality...wouldn't work with a 4-3-3 either...he'd be bench every game which i dont think he'd want in his final days when he could be starting every game for someone else...

Viduka is a much better player than Martins, and a more suitable partner for Owen too...

Agree with that totally..would be a great signing for nowt.

Guest Svenno

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/wanderers/wanderersnews/display.var.1432751.0.sam_to_name_his_right_hand_man.php

Seems like Ben Haim is signing for us now, great!

Almost laughed my arse off when reading this comment from a bitter, bitter Bolton supporter:  mackems.gif

Posted by: richard, darwen on 8:29am today

Big Sam Allardyce is really becoming a hated fat figure now acting a pr1ck and stealing our players scouted through BWFC, he can **** right off. as for Tal Ben Haim he will have 6 months at newcastle then his israel country will get involved in a full scale war with the gaza strip area and he will be forced to be called up to fight and he will be shot. simple as!! so he can **** off to jewcastle thats why he wants to go there for he can replace the N with a J to call it JEWcastle!! I doubt TBH is reading this but if you are **** off u greedy sod! and Big Sam u are now officially a grade A pr1ck in bolton's eyes stealing our staff and our scouted players. I hope Little sam makes massive changes to every thing u built up and becomes much more successful.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/wanderers/wanderersnews/display.var.1432751.0.sam_to_name_his_right_hand_man.php

Seems like Ben Haim is signing for us now, great!

Almost laughed my arse off when reading this comment from a bitter, bitter Bolton supporter:  mackems.gif

Posted by: richard, darwen on 8:29am today

Big Sam Allardyce is really becoming a hated fat figure now acting a pr1ck and stealing our players scouted through BWFC, he can **** right off. as for Tal Ben Haim he will have 6 months at newcastle then his israel country will get involved in a full scale war with the gaza strip area and he will be forced to be called up to fight and he will be shot. simple as!! so he can **** off to jewcastle thats why he wants to go there for he can replace the N with a J to call it JEWcastle!! I doubt TBH is reading this but if you are **** off u greedy sod! and Big Sam u are now officially a grade A pr1ck in bolton's eyes stealing our staff and our scouted players. I hope Little sam makes massive changes to every thing u built up and becomes much more successful.

Invicta posts on there aswell?

On the subject of Lareya Kingston, I asked a mate up at Tynecastle if he knew anything.. here's his response.

Larry will be signed by Hearts...100%

However after that, who knows?

He is on the same deal that we had Rudi Skacel on, pre-arranged so even if Kingston doesn`t want to sign (as was the case with Skacel) he`s got no say in the matter.

As you probably know, we signed Skacel against his wishes for a pre-arranged fee then sold him onto Southampton at more than double the fee, so if Larry is to end up elsewhere, any buying club will have to meet Hearts fee.

Hopefully he stays at Tynie though,....The guy`s a genuine class act.

Just another piece of gossip if you like.