Sam: I'm close to first signing

Guest smoggeordie

Years ago my mate was doon the Toon and the bloke outside Eldon Square at the monument sell the Chronicle was shouting "Ronnie Gill" and soem posh bloke walked upto my mate and asked him "why is that man  shouting "ronnie Gill" when he is blatantly selling the Evening Chronicle!.

:lol:

Will icnewcastle be updated today? its bank holiday monday and the Journal part of the site has not been updated yet..

o wow maybe i'm wrong again this is from wiki

Transfer window is the term given to the period in football when a football club can transfer players either in or out of their playing staff. However, an existing loan deal can be made permanent at any time outside the transfer window. The window was introduced in response to negotiations with the European Commission. The system has been used in many European leagues before being brought into compulsory effect by FIFA during the 2002-03 season. There are two windows per season, 1st June until midnight of 1 September and one from midnight on 1 January until midnight on 1 February the same year. Clubs from the Football League Championship to the Football Conference can loan in players from 8 September to 23 November and also from 8 February until 23 March.

I'm so confused

Why? It's very straight forward...

Have to say, i thought it was 1st June...

But, as has been said - it's largely irrelevant because everything bar the signature can be done beforehand.

The Gareth Bale thing has officially confuddled me, though.

Guest nufc 4 life

o wow maybe i'm wrong again this is from wiki

Transfer window is the term given to the period in football when a football club can transfer players either in or out of their playing staff. However, an existing loan deal can be made permanent at any time outside the transfer window. The window was introduced in response to negotiations with the European Commission. The system has been used in many European leagues before being brought into compulsory effect by FIFA during the 2002-03 season. There are two windows per season, 1st June until midnight of 1 September and one from midnight on 1 January until midnight on 1 February the same year. Clubs from the Football League Championship to the Football Conference can loan in players from 8 September to 23 November and also from 8 February until 23 March.

I'm so confused

Why? It's very straight forward...

how half the people think july 1st the other half think june 1st who am i to believe

Guest smoggeordie

just quickly i have always thought the transfer window opens on the first of July, but the newcastle blog thing says it opens on the first of June does anyone know the peoper date, thanks.

And this is very good i want to see link though :-)

Does the transfer window apply to free transfers too though? I'm not sure

No but Ben Haim isnt a free transfer until July 1st.

I'm sure they can agree a deal with anyone in the last 6 months of their contract.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=458147&in_page_id=1779

Premiership Rumour Mill: Allardyce targets Spurs striker Defoe if Owen quits Newcastle

By DANNY GRIFFITHS - More by this author » Last updated at 11:03am on 28th May 2007

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce will make a move for Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe if Michael Owen quits Tyneside.

The Magpies manager will give Defoe the stage he needs to press his international claims and can offer him the regular first-team football he lacks at White Hart Lane.

Defoe is also wanted by Portsmouth and Manchester United with Liverpool also a possible destination. Spurs, however, are highly unlikely to allow him to leave until they sign a replacement with Charlton striker Darren Bent their key target.

Pompey are planning a double swoop for Middlesbrough marksmen Mark Viduka and Yakubu if they are ruled out of the dash for Defoe.

Harry Redknapp is acutely aware that his team lacked goals last term and is eager to rectify the problem.

He has strengthened his defence by signing Sylvain Distin and Hermann Hraidarsson and is close to completing the club record £7million deal which will bring Sulley Muntari to Fratton Park from Serie A club Udinese.

But Boro boss Gareth Southgate hopes Nigerian forward Yakubu will remain at the Riverside and said: "I still think Yakubu is a very important player for us.

"He has not said anything to me that he was unsettled or that he was unhappy about anything. He wasn’t very happy around Christmas when we were down near the bottom of the table but who is when you are down near the bottom?

"So I think as far as we are concerned we have got to try and keep our top players and build around them really. Every player has a value - but that doesn’t mean to say we are looking to sell them.

"There are some players for whom you certainly wouldn’t welcome bids. I think if any club in the country gets the right bid for a player they have to think about it. But we are wanting to build a team rather than sell players."

Bolton goalkeeper Jussi Jaaskelainen wants a new four-year deal at the Reebok Stadium.

Sunderland have had a £2million deal for the 32-year-old shot-stopper rejected and he insisted: "I have my best years in front of me." And Birmingham are interested in 29-year-old French defender Jean-Philippe Caillet, who is currently with Belgium club Racing Genk, and Crewe's versatile Billy Jones.

Liverpool are closing in on Sevilla defender Daniel Alves and Real Zaragoza's Gabriel Milito while Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has again rubbished reports he and Cesc Fabregas are set for summer moves to Real Madrid.

But the Gunners are reputed to be interested in Sporting Lisbon's 20-year-old midfielder Joao Moutinho.

Reading are back in for Sunderland midfielder Dean Whitehead after having a £2m offer turned down and are also keen on Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia.

Rumour of the day: Aston Villa want Portsmouth left-back Matt Taylor.

No chance: West Ham want to sign Scott Parker from Newcastle but he will not be discharged from the Toon Army.

Guest nufc 4 life

just quickly i have always thought the transfer window opens on the first of July, but the newcastle blog thing says it opens on the first of June does anyone know the peoper date, thanks.

I'm sure they can agree a deal with anyone in the last 6 months of their contract.

they can, but that still doesn't answer the question of when the transfer window actually opens and you can officially buy players

Guest gggg

You can buy players anytime after May 23rd they just cant sign or be registered until the window opens.

Would it not be possible to sign a contract saying it is effective from X date in the future. Then when said date arrives (coenciding with the opening of the transfer window) the contract is in effect and the player can be offically registered?

Not in the same Country they can't.

Say Valencia could of tied him up on the 1st Jan, but we have to wait 6 weeks before the end of contract, 1st July.

So mid may, this is when Ben Haim & Sidwell have been available to EPL clubs.

Guest nufc 4 life

You can buy players anytime after May 23rd they just cant sign or be registered until the window opens.

when does the window open though wow this is frustrating lol

Guest Geordiesned

Would it not be possible to sign a contract saying it is effective from X date in the future. Then when said date arrives (coenciding with the opening of the transfer window) the contract is in effect and the player can be offically registered?

That's essentially what happens.

1st July.

Guest nufc 4 life

i'm so tempted to start a new thread with a poll asking about the transfer window, but i'm sure that Dave wouldn't be too happy because of thread moderation

Guest nufc 4 life

1st July.

that's what i thought, but wikipedia said the 1st June?

1st July.

Any fuker can edit Wiki man.  :tongue:

Guest nufc 4 life

1st July.

Any fuker can edit Wiki man.   :tongue:

yeah i know, but why would they want to

Guest nufc 4 life

ah fuck it i think it's the first of July and so does FM so i'm sticking with that

1st July.

Any fuker can edit Wiki man.  :tongue:

yeah i know, but why would they want to

:jesuswept:

Because people do, ask them not me

:lol:

Guest gggg

when does his contractactually expire? Could we get him a month early for maybe 500k to stop other clubs getting him?

no need you can sign any player on a free if they've got less than 6 weeks left on their contract.

when does his contractactually expire? Could we get him a month early for maybe 500k to stop other clubs getting him?

No, we'll just offer him a contract. His contract expires (probably) 1st of July or something like that, but contract's can be sorted out beforehand. Even if we pay Bolton, he doesn't have to come here if he doesn't want to.

Guest Knightrider

A club can pre contract a player at any time, only the registration can't be accepted until the 1st of July.