Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

Guest gggg

basically our central midfield is now Emre and Butt, which is shite

So its about the same as it was then.

Baggio, how do you know we got £7mill for Parker? 

I don't, that's the lowest his transfer fee has been mentioned as being though so it makes sense to value it as that until we hear otherwise.

Also if I said £8.5 million Vic would go off on one about how it was less.

anyone who thinks getting rid of Parker is a good idea is an idiot, I don't care if you believe me or not

basically our central midfield is now Emre and Butt, which is shite

but of course, Fat Sam will probably unearth Diego Swarfega in the next few weeks, and we'll win the league

Which many reckoned was our best pairing last season.

Daft statement considering we will be looking for other players and its the 1st June not the 1st September.

We are actually going to sell Parker! :lol:

I just hope Big Sam  gets someone who's better, i.e he is selling our best CM and keeping Nicky Butt and Emre!

Don't be silly, anyone who's watched Newcastle in the past 2 years will tell you we've played our best football with Butt and Emre in midfield.

Butt isn't getting any younger and Emre is decent but very inconsistent..

Parker as a DMC was class, but since that cunt Glenn Roeder took over and tryed to turn him to "Our Gerrard" he turned shit..

Guest alex

Vic's football knowledge is akin to that of your average football director. According to Len Shackleton.

We took one step forward and two steps back when we sold Jenas and replaced him with Parker... atleast Jenas didn't have to do three pirouette's before he passed the ball back to Titus...

Parker is still somewhat over-rated... a very average player who deserves a team like West Ham.

I don't, that's the lowest his transfer fee has been mentioned as being though so it makes sense to value it as that until we hear otherwise.

Not knowing the transfer fee is a bit worrysome.  Also, we've seen how good Parker can play, with the right manager (Big Sam) he could have improved on his last season.  If Parker wanted out, I respect him for keeping out of the press and being a model pro while he was here.  Best of luck, Scottie. 

Not knowing the transfer fee is a bit worrysome.  Also, we've seen how good Parker can play, with the right manager (Big Sam) he could have improved on his last season.  If Parker wanted out, I respect him for keeping out of the press and being a model pro while he was here.  Best of luck, Scottie. 

Yeah exactly well said bonkster....Plus we'll get someone in who is no doubt just as good if not better and younger so its an acceptable situation.

Guest graemeh72

Parker is a pretty good player, on his day great and the rest of the time above average

I'll always remember him as an awful captain though....

Shame he didn't get to come to the club during a boom time though

Guest graemeh72

That screamer against Charlton is how I'll chose to remember Parker.  Then the lad ran the length of the pitch to our support.  Fucking class.   

Your cup is defo half full

All I remember is that we gave away a soft goal minutes later (moore off bowyers arse?) and then were never in the game ... lost 3-1 .... twats

Another one hounded out by the fans.

I posted this in the 'Is the anyone goog enough for Newcastle United?' thread.

How many times are we gonna just write off players? Everyone signing for the toon in the last 5 years or so ultimately gets hounded out by the fans. Player arrives, does pretty well. Most fans think he's a good signing. Theres talk he should be in his respective international squad. This point is highlighted by the following players:

Jenas - When Bobby bought the lad, we all thought he had unearthed a gem. A promising teenager who made his first appearance in the 1-0 win over the mackems. Had a very good 1st full season for us and was named PFA young player of the year. In his second full season, as happens with most young players his form dips and people start getting on his back. Slowly peoples opinions change and they start saying 'I always thought he was shit'. Leaves for Spurs, lets face it has done pretty well and although peoples initial assessment of him being a potential world star was a little over the top, he is still a very decent player. Last season he scored a respectable 8 league goals (that would make him our 2nd highest goalscorer behind Martins, who got 11). Our main central midfielders (Butt, Emre, Parker) between them got 6 league goals betwen them. In his first season with Spurs he also got a respectable 8 league goals. 

Parker - Again first season, everyone was delighted with him. When he wasn't getting picked for England we all thought it was ridiculous and that he should be in the squad. A dip in form in his second season and all of a sudden he is absolute dog-shit and everyones delighted we're getting rid of him.

Martins - It seems to be happening again. After a poor start he has plugged away in a new country, new league, playing as the only out and out striker in most of our games. People thought he was brilliant a potential world star. After a poor end of the campaign and its swinging round again. If he's here next season and it starts poorly....

Speed - In his final season for us the general opinion was that he was rubbish and most when he was sold for peanuts to Bolton. Probably been one of boltons top performers since he has been there.

Boumsong - When 1st arrived we thought we'd paid over the odds but had got a decent enough defender. Second season was a disaster. Had personal problems which probably contributed. Don't know how he has played for Juve this year but his true form was certainly not that we had seen in his second season.

Ramage - When he initially filled in for Carr, people were quite impressed and most thought he did a very good job playing out of position. A couple of bad mistakes gifting goals to Rooney and he has never recovered and we've all written him off.

Butt - This ones pretty much gone the other way. After a decent start it all went tits up and we would have happily given him away. Couldn't find him a club so he has applied himself in the right was however and probably our player of the season. Had we stuck with a few other players would the same happened.

Theres others such as Viana, Emre, Shola etc.

Basically we can't afford to keep writing off players as soon as they go through one bad patch or getting on their back because they don't meet our unrealistic expectation. We as fans have been guilty of this too often.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

"Boumsong - When 1st arrived we thought we'd paid over the odds but had got a decent enough defender. Second season was a disaster. Had personal problems which probably contributed. Don't know how he has played for Juve this year but his true form was certainly not that we had seen in his second season.

Ramage - When he initially filled in for Carr, people were quite impressed and most thought he did a very good job playing out of position. A couple of bad mistakes gifting goals to Rooney and he has never recovered and we've all written him off"

Jesus fucking wepty :lol: :lol: Have you ever watched football

Guest graemeh72

Don't want to quote the lot

But a fair amount of sense in that big post above ...

Guest Hodgson09

They weren't written off they are just crap with the exception of Speed, and Martins I don't understand the negativity directed towards Martins he scored 17 goals in his debut season in a poor team without a decent partner. The rest have been consistantly shite.

Guest graemeh72

They weren't written off they are just crap with the exception of Speed, and Martins I don't understand the negativity directed towards Martins he scored 17 goals in his debut season in a poor team without a decent partner. The rest have been consistantly shite.

:rolleyes:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

you lose any credibility when you try and say Ramage and Boumsong are decent footballers in any capacity. "I don't know what he's been like at Juventus" No shit? I thought with your vast knowledge of football you'd be watching Serie B?

Guest Hodgson09

As AS9 is saying anyone who agrees Ramage and Boumsong to be good footballers need some serious medication for delusions

Guest Armchair Pundit

I suppose another way to look at the players we currently have is they might have looked shite (or average) under Roeder but that doesn't mean they'll continue to under a decent manager.

Boumsong had some quality games for us and people were singing his praises.  Then something snapped and he was suddenly our worst CB.  Then cunt get's into the France squad FFS, there has to be some quality there. 

I agree, though, Ramage is a squad player, nothing more.  He'll step in when needed, but shouldn't be starting games for the Toon. 

Another one hounded out by the fans.

Speed - In his final season for us the general opinion was that he was rubbish and most when he was sold for peanuts to Bolton.

WHAT?!