Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

Guest DavB93

Wow, we really mean business this tranfser window.   It will also be good to get rid of his massive wage bill.

Hopefully Babayaro and Carr will be next.

It would be like all our christmas's coming at once....really hope we have a replacement lined up.

Guest Guinness

A bit disappointed to see him leave to be honest, if the fee is £8.5m then it could be a good bit of business, but if it's the £7m being quoted by a lot of the media today then I'm not sure. The aspect of the transfer I'm most unsure about is who we'll bring in to replace him, Barton seems to be the favourite and I'm not really sure what to make of that. He's a decent enough player, but has a terrible attitude.

Nigel Reo-Coker - He made an apparent plea to join Newcastle (The Sun), although the article is backed up with quotes from his agent. The fee is quoted at around £8m.

CONS -Part of the bling-up-boys at West Ham, possibility of having a big ego (only wanted Champions League team) and is not that technically gifted. PROS - U-21 captain, looking for a new challenge, price and wages could be knocked down a bit as he is desperate to leave.

Joey Barton - Available after training ground fight with Dabo. He has a release fee of £5.5m.

CONS - Off the field incidents, his reputation. PROS - more of an attacking player, but can defend, getting out of Manchester might be a blessing in disguise.

Dennis Boateng - under £1m

CON - not been tested at a high level.

Guest Armchair Pundit

Howay then how long before he does an interview slagging us off?

There's no point in him doing that to be honest, we and everyone else all know how shite we've been in the last 2-3 years but now we're starting afresh with a new manager and new chairman, he can't comment on stuff he won't be around to see once it all goes through.

I'd be happy with Barton. I think he'd do well under a good man-manager, and at a club where the fans aren't constantly on his back (not slating Man City fans here, he probably deserved the stick, but if he's coming here then it's a clean slate and we should be on his side).

It was obvious he was desperate to be out of here and I bet he will do an honest interview about it, he was a shocking Captain and at time the crowd let him kbow. All the press will be hounding him for a story on why he left, and I just don't see him lying and being nice about us.

It was obvious he was desperate to be out of here and I bet he will do an honest interview about it, he was a shocking Captain and at time the crowd let him kbow. All the press will be hounding him for a story on why he left, and I just don't see him lying and being nice about us.

Meh, let him cry to the media, we paid the SOB top dollar.

At the price is might be going for, he's worth a gamble.

That price being the well mentioned release clause figure in his contract? Aye we wheeled & dealed to get that price for the scouse thug, good player though :)

Anyone who pays the full £5.5m release clause in Bartons contract is a mug.

I hope its not us, £4m max bid with possibly an option to top up the £1.5m with appearances or if he doesn't go to jail in the 1st 3 years.

I want Barton. Think he would be a fantastic signing and I think Sam would be able to control him.

Control him? hows that? with Diouf Sam did'nt control him he just let him do all sorts of shite and kept him at the club, he did'nt really chyange they way he went on..

I want Barton. Think he would be a fantastic signing and I think Sam would be able to control him.

Control him? hows that? with Diouf Sam did'nt control him he just let him do all sorts of shite and kept him at the club, he did'nt really chyange they way he went on..

Made him a fucking good player n'all.

A bit disappointed to see him leave to be honest, if the fee is £8.5m then it could be a good bit of business, but if it's the £7m being quoted by a lot of the media today then I'm not sure. The aspect of the transfer I'm most unsure about is who we'll bring in to replace him, Barton seems to be the favourite and I'm not really sure what to make of that. He's a decent enough player, but has a terrible attitude.

The lad has a brilliant attitude, he works his socks off. He's just mentally unhinged, that's all.

The lad has a brilliant attitude, he works his socks off. He's just mentally unhinged, that's all.

Aye, you not wrong there like.