Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

Some of the stick Parker gets is unbelievable imo. Quite happy for him to go for £7million though. Butt is a better DM and the money could be better spent elsewhere.

I think over his time at the club there have been more posts on this forum claiming how great he is and that is what is unbelievable.

There was a time not too long ago when those who thought Parker was crap and said so were in a very small minority on here. It seems he's been sussed now by the majority. It took a long time but that's ok, just as long as this heap of talentless shite buggers off.

Parker is asking for trouble if you ask me. He thinks it was tough here because a few fans got on his back after a game when the majority don't have too much of a problem with him?

Has he met any West Ham fans? You want to talk about a group of fans that are absolutely mental when they get on a players back? Knowing he is on those wages won't help him either because if he performs anywhere near to what he did here last season and West Ham struggle early on he will be getting it from their fans a thousand times worse than he ever did here.

I hope he does well though, as he is a good guy. He honestly just wasn't good enough and should have been transformed into a strict defensive midfielder with no attacking responsibility, as this was his only chance. For a player with such a reputation I have never seen a worse shooter or forward passer in my life! It actually made me cring many a time, as I felt embarrassed for the lad. Hope he does alright though.

Guest alex

Some of the stick Parker gets is unbelievable imo. Quite happy for him to go for £7million though. Butt is a better DM and the money could be better spent elsewhere.

I think over his time at the club there have been more posts on this forum claiming how great he is and that is what is unbelievable.

There was a time not too long ago when those who thought Parker was crap and said so were in a very small minority on here. It seems he's been sussed now by the majority. It took a long time but that's ok, just as long as this heap of talentless shite buggers off.

I was having a dig at the sheep. I think you called him right before most, along with Crumpy, although the criticism was ott. He's a canny player but nothing special imo. I think a move suits all parties.

I liked Parker in his first season, but he was absolutely shite this one just passed. £7-8m is quality business, so long as we don't replace him with a waster like Reo-Coker. Thought Allardyce had a bit more sense than that....

I doubt I've seen a player as over rated as Parker.

I couldn't understand how he ever ended up at SJP. He came with an appaling record and didn't improve it one bit over his two years here.

Amazing it appears we made a profit.

Where is this from?

Shame it didn't work out. Love his attitude (in the first season anyway) and his style... but he simply didn't bring much to the side.

signed for west ham according to ssn

This summer has been so crazy already. I mean I knew it was coming but I can't believe it has actually been finalized now.

Scott Parker is gone! Wow! Good luck to him, shame he couldn't pass or shoot really.

Breaking news bar on SSN said "West ham agree undisclosed fee" then the tit head presenter said he has signed for them. I have a feeling he is jumping the gun because Parker is on holiday.

Must agree with UM big time.

Massively overrated and I'm ecstatic we're no longer burdened with having to play "an England international".

Must admit...that tackle on Joe Cole was legend

Good luck SP...and thanks for whatever it was you thought you did for the club.

Guest Ridzuan

I guess it was inevitable that he would leave us.Thanks for everything you have done Parky and hope you will have a successful time with West Ham.I wonder who will be the next captain.I think its either Given or Butt.

HAMMERS AGREE PARKER PRICE

By Andrew Scurr -  Created on 1 Jun 2007

West Ham United have agreed an undisclosed fee with Newcastle United for Scott Parker.

The midfielder has been allowed to move on by new Magpies boss Sam Allardyce who is believed to be targeting Joey Barton as Parker's replacement.

Parker will once again link up with Alan Curbishley at West Ham, with the pair having previously worked together at Charlton.

The 26-year-old left The Addicks in January 2004 in a £10million move to Chelsea, but he failed to make a real impression at Stamford Bridge.

Parker joined Newcastle last summer but his time in the North East lasted just one season as he is now heading back to London.

The Hammers are believed to be paying in the region of £8.5million for Parker's services and have fended off late interest from Tottenham.

Parker will likely be Nigel Reo-Coker's replacement at Upton Park after the West Ham captain handed in a transfer request this week.

He has been at Newcastle 2 seasons. At least the wage bill will have come down a bit.

Guest smoggeordie

I doubt I've seen a player as over rated as Parker.

I couldn't understand how he ever ended up at SJP. He came with an appaling record and didn't improve it one bit over his two years here.

Amazing it appears we made a profit.

Agree with Crumps here.

Guest DavB93

Am i right in saying David Edgar can play as a DM, really don't want Barton unless Sam can sort him out. Suppose if Dyer is staying signing Barton is one way to keep him in line.