Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

You'll get tossers booing him next season. I'll clap him though anyway.

Doesn't deserve booing at all tbh.

Nice pic used on the Beeb:

http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/125/42996493parker203wa0.jpg

:lol:

Guest BooBoo

Parker has been replaced. Emre needs to go now.

Mate Emre is quality...He just needs a full season without any injuries, racisim bullsh8t accusations, a good manager and someone decent next to him in the centre of the park...

Out of interest, what's that belief based on?

Mate Emre is quality...He just needs a full season without any injuries, racisim bullsh8t accusations, a good manager and someone decent next to him in the centre of the park...

Cos when he's good, he's really good. He's been very inconsistent in his two years here, but i'm of the same opinion. He's hardly ever been utilised properly and i reckon he'll flourish in a good side.

Guest BooBoo

Seriously, when has Emre looked really really good? 5 or 6 games maybe? He's done less than Parker in two years here and most are glad that we've replaced him. IMO, any profit made on Emre would be fantastic business.

Guest redmayne

i'd like to see more of our players given a chance under a good manager

now we are seeing just how bad roeder really was

Seriously, when has Emre looked really really good? 5 or 6 games maybe? He's done less than Parker in two years here and most are glad that we've replaced him. IMO, any profit made on Emre would be fantastic business.

Yes, but it depends who we replace him with.

I'm not Emre's biggest fan, but i'd be eager to see him given a chance under a good manager. I won't be overly bothered if we sell him, but i'd be happy to see him stay.

We know who the productive players are who done nowt under Roeder. N'Zogbia is one. Well he performed well for him at the end of 05/06 but was shite last season. He is clearly capable of being a productive player. Duff is another player who is proven Premiership class and he was piss last season. Emre has shown fuck all really. I agree he has had a few games we're he's looked a class act, but apart from that he's done fuck all. His set pieces are awful, he creates nowt, and he doesn't score goals. We could probably get about £5m for him. I bet he's on a good wage as well. We could get someone in more consistent than him who offers more. Theres no point in trying to rely on him hoping he is gonna do it more than a handful of games a season all of a sudden. He's got bite, but so has Barton and Butt. Let him go and get someone productive in. Easier said than done, but Allardyce can do it.

Guest BooBoo

We know who the productive players are who done nowt under Roeder. N'Zogbia is one. Well he performed well for him at the end of 05/06 but was s**** last season. He is clearly capable of being a productive player. Duff is another player who is proven Premiership class and he was piss last season. Emre has shown f*** all really. I agree he has had a few games we're he's looked a class act, but apart from that he's done f*** all. His set pieces are awful, he creates nowt, and he doesn't score goals. We could probably get about £5m for him. I bet he's on a good wage as well. We could get someone in more consistent than him who offers more. Theres no point in trying to rely on him hoping he is gonna do it more than a handful of games a season all of a sudden. He's got bite, but so has Barton and Butt. Let him go and get someone productive in. Easier said than done, but Allardyce can do it.

I say offer him and £5million to Everton for Mikel Arteta. I'm sure they'll welcome Emre with open arms.  blueyes.gif

Guest Knightrider

He's a better player than his form last season suggested and he took OTT stick for me, but we've made a profit and if he wasn't happy, this is a good deal for all concerned and in Barton we have bought a slightly better player who is younger and will be far hungrier. Sad to see him leave having not seen the best of him and in such circumstances but out with the old in with the new and all that... cheers for your efforts Scotty and good luck at WHU.

We know who the productive players are who done nowt under Roeder. N'Zogbia is one. Well he performed well for him at the end of 05/06 but was s**** last season. He is clearly capable of being a productive player. Duff is another player who is proven Premiership class and he was piss last season. Emre has shown f*** all really. I agree he has had a few games we're he's looked a class act, but apart from that he's done f*** all. His set pieces are awful, he creates nowt, and he doesn't score goals. We could probably get about £5m for him. I bet he's on a good wage as well. We could get someone in more consistent than him who offers more. Theres no point in trying to rely on him hoping he is gonna do it more than a handful of games a season all of a sudden. He's got bite, but so has Barton and Butt. Let him go and get someone productive in. Easier said than done, but Allardyce can do it.

I say offer him and £5million to Everton for Mikel Arteta. I'm sure they'll welcome Emre with open arms.  blueyes.gif

That's definitely something i'd be for.

Guest zerocipher

Considering Everton tried to sign him 2 years ago and he turned them down, plus the whole racism thing at Goodison,I'd say there's more chance of burnt toast.

Wasn't that the racist comment? :p

Guest redmayne

emre is a class player we just need a system that suits creativity

all creative teams need to work a system out

man utd/arsenal/ ... err thats it really

good players need protection from the shite... emre is playing for the equivilent of leicester 5-10 years ago

get used to it WE need to change

The Times

Scott Parker timelineTimes Online and Agencies

1980: Born October 13 in Lambeth.

1993: Comes to national attention as a ball-juggling 13-year-old in a McDonald’s advert.

1997: Signs professional terms with Charlton and makes league debut at 17 in a 4-1 defeat at Sheffield United. Booked despite playing for only the final 19 minutes of the match.

2000: Scores his first goal at senior level in March, netting the winner as Charlton beat QPR 2-1, having signed a new four-year contract with the club earlier in the month.

May - Claims a first division title winners’ medal as Charlton return to the Premiership.

October - Moves to Norwich on loan, making six league appearances and scoring one goal before returning to The Valley a month later.

2002: Booked nine times and sent off once as the Addicks keep their Premiership status. Represents England Under-21 at the European Championship in Switzerland.

2003: February - Called into the senior England squad for the first time for the friendly against Australia, though he does not play as an experimental England team lose 3-1 at Upton Park.

May - Charlton finish twelfth as Parker ends the 2002-03 season with four goals.

November - Makes England debut in 3-2 defeat by Denmark at Old Trafford, coming on as a 66th-minute substitute.

December - Scores two stunning goals but cannot prevent Charlton losing 3-2 in a thrilling Premiership match away to Southampton.

2004: January - Completes £10 million move to Chelsea.

April - Named PFA Young Player of the Year. Makes 11 Premiership appearances for Chelsea as they finish second under Claudio Ranieri, who is replaced by Jose Mourinho.

2005: December - Makes only four Premiership appearances for Chelsea in first half of season - including one start - before breaking bone in his foot against Norwich.

March - An unused substitute for the Champions League last-16 second-leg tie against Barcelona, he later suffers a relapse in his comeback from injury and misses rest of season.

June: Joins Newcastle in a £6.5 million transfer on five-year contract.

2006: March - Scores Newcastle’s goal in 3-1 defeat against former club Charlton.

March - Ruled out for rest of 2005-06 season with glandular fever.

September - Scores against Fulham but is visibly upset after a challenge on Jimmy Bullard that left his opponent with a dislocated knee.

October - Wins third England cap in 2-0 Euro 2008 qualifying defeat by Croatia in Zagreb.

2007: May - Misses last game of the season after hernia operation. Finishes the campaign with four goals and ten yellow cards for his club.

June 6 - Joins West Ham for £7 million, signing a five-year deal with the club.

Guest Alex20

emre is a class player we just need a system that suits creativity

all creative teams need to work a system out

man utd/arsenal/ ... err thats it really

good players need protection from the s****... emre is playing for the equivilent of leicester 5-10 years ago

get used to it WE need to change

Well said. I've watched emre play for a physical team and a technical team.

He is awful playing for a physical team, doesn't suit him. But at a technical team he looks brilliant.

He played for Inter, but failed IMO. Not really failed, it's just he didn't play to his potential. If he had played

for AC Milan, he'd be considered world class by now. Long ball type of game isn't his strongest point.

Let's see what Sam is going to do next season.With ashley on board, hope they'll spend some good money

on some technical players.We really need at least 5 players, 3 wingers a CM and a CB, at least.

There is quite a bit of difference between 8.5M to 7M & then the stock exchange confirm it is 6.5M plus 500k on appearances - still I don't suppose we will be missing the odd million or so in the near future.

"His set pieces are awful, he creates nowt, and he doesn't score goals". Agreed to an extent, hes frustrating in these departments. But then hes still a good central midfielder because his first touch is naturally good, hes comfortable on the ball, he can spread the play well, and he moves the ball on quickly. As others have said, hes often the player who starts moves off from deeper positions, something that goal or assist statistics wont show.

Hes like Dyer (when hes bothering). Has his faults, frutstrating lack of end product, but when hes not in the team you can see it because his basic ability level is simply alot higher than others in the squad.

RNS Number:9316X

Newcastle United PLC

07 June 2007

7 June 2007

NEWCASTLE UNITED PL

Transfer Agreement - Scott Parker

The Directors of Newcastle United PLC announce that an agreement has been

reached with West Ham United for the transfer of midfield player Scott Parker.

The transaction was completed last night, 6th June 2007. The fee payable is

£6.5m excluding VAT plus a further £500,000 contingent on future appearances of

the player for West Ham United.

I can't believe you have NOT been able to see the flashes of talnet and quality this little player possesses...I mean he showed in few games last season that he can have such a big impact on the team...Unfortunately he didn't have consistency and that is what Sam needs to work on with Emre because if Sam can do that then Emre will play a big big part in unlocking opponents defences and scoring for us in the seasons to come...