Scott Parker signs for West Ham - £6.5m (+£500k) fee confirmed

Dokko

Don't need Nolan now we have an attacking midfielder in Barton.

Why do i get the feeling that the Barton thing was only going through after Parker had gone. Does this indicate a lack of funds?

Yes, Allardyce is still working with the same money we started the summer on remember?

He can't go flashing the cash before the Ashley situation is finalised.

Why do i get the feeling that the Barton thing was only going through after Parker had gone. Does this indicate a lack of funds?

Probably intelligence tbh.

Two very similar players, only one needed.

Just uncertainty I reckon. This deal can happen regardless of the takeover situation.

Yes, Allardyce is still working with the same money we started the summer on remember?

He can't go flashing the cash before the Ashley situation is finalised.

I wasn't sure whether he had been allocated money by us or whether we were waiting for the takeover. Either way it can't harm us that we have a man CAPABLE of working with a small budget.

Shepherd has said that there was going to be funds from the word go, like February time.

There's every chance that we hung back in siging Barton, because we didn't know whether we'd need him or not.

I think it had nothing to do with a lack of funds and more to do with the fact that every club tries their luck in every deal they do, if you can pay for a player in instalments then thats better for the club.

After West Ham made their offer and I bet they offerd the cash up front to try and get in ahead of us, then we had no choice but to make it a cash upfront offer too.

The hanging back on letting Parker go was bound to happen until Sam was sure that Barton would sign for us..

Thank fuck he's gone. There wasn't a single day he was at the Club that I thought him worthy of wearing the shirt.

He was never the type of player we needed.

Closest any of you'll ever get to seeing Crumpy 'happy'.  ;)

Shame it didn't work out for Parker. If someone had told me 12 months ago, that we'd be selling him now, i'd be absolutely gobsmacked. This is for the best though, it's a good deal for a player that wasn't good enough. Take care, Scotty. Good luck - you'll need it down there.

Thank fuck he's gone. There wasn't a single day he was at the Club that I thought him worthy of wearing the shirt.

He was never the type of player we needed.

Closest any of you'll ever get to seeing Crumpy 'happy'.  ;)

I'm quite scared tbh.

agree with yorkie looking back 12 months ago i would be absolutely fuming, now i'm not bothered at all. think 7m is to cheap though, regular england squad player and west ham seem to have money to burn, think we could have got a couple more £.

Guest johnson293

He did flip Joe Cole in the most spectacular way though, I will always remember him for that flying, crunching tackle :D

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/johnson293/parker.gif

Nice!!!

Parker has been replaced. Emre needs to go now.

Mate Emre is quality...He just needs a full season without any injuries, racisim bullsh8t accusations, a good manager and someone decent next to him in the centre of the park...

He did flip Joe Cole in the most spectacular way though, I will always remember him for that flying, crunching tackle :D

Nice!!!

:lol:

Thats the one, got the vid on my mobile, just cracks me up and the fact there was no free kick given and Joe Cole looked so shell shocked when he got up. fkn class!! :D

Nice!!!

Thats the one, got the vid on my mobile, just cracks me up and the fact there was no free kick given and Joe Cole looked so shell shocked when he got up. fkn class!! :D

We can only hope for a repeat against Dyer if he moves. (Hopefully Bowyer will have a word with him)

Remembering the good moments of Parker, the Arsenal game will always be cherished by me...Amazing determination and gutts from Parker. He was AWESOME in that game...

Guest Kayleigh

he had his good moments and his bad wish him all the best, gutted for my mate that got his name on the back of their new shirt though  :razz:

he had his good moments and his bad wish him all the best, gutted for my mate that got his name on the back of their new shirt though  :razz:

f*** me, I own a Parker game-worn shirt.

Oh well, I suppose I can still appreciate it. Regardless of his talents as a player, which I still think were a lot better than people gave him credit for, he's one of the more admirable personalities we've had in our squad.

Hope he does well at West Ham so he'll get poached by a different club ASAP.

Felt like the moment he was made captain, his game fell apart. It looked like he was more interested in leading by example than being the monster he was in the Arsenal game.

Wish him luck.