Owen impressed by Big Sam

Guest NIToon

Here man, seriously.  I can't deal with that.  You all make the assumption in the first place that he wants to go, have we ever heard him say that?  Give me quotes baby.  But suddenly he should come out and say he wants to stay, because.... er.... you lot assume he wants to go.  Get away man. 

And YOU are talking about fair? :lol:

I don't know what the fuck lil' mickey wants, tbh.  Which is what drives me beserk.  No where have I said, "I think Mickey wants to go", I said, that he thinks he's bigger than the Toon and he clearly does. Pisses me off, but I've agreed with you and Dave.  That's reality, we were shit and even shittier without him. 

Yes, I'm talking about fair and living up to a contract. 

He put the word out through his agents that he could leave if the right offer came along, and it still might materialse. But as the days go by I have the feeling he will end up staying and it also looks like he had a good talk with Big Sam. Morally he owes us, but when if ever has that stopped a professional footballer?

I'm beginging to wish he'd never had signed for us. :lol:

Something I agree on. Never been a massive Owen fan, but we have him now and I think he's professional enough to give his all even if we cling on to him for dear life.

I know what you're talking about with the fairness, but you have to be fair and not put words in his mouth due to your perception of him and his behaviour. Papers stir everything, so nothing you read can be taken as true, literally nothing. If he's sent out feelers for a new club, then so be it, but many other players do too. We're not in a position to expect anyone to come out and say anything. We're a wobbling ship, and plenty of players have a right to jump off without warning. Not you particularly, but some of the claims about Owen in the past have been astoundingly plucked out of a horse's arse.

Seems like i'm one of very few who doesn't want to sell our only truly word class player. :undecided:

I'm with you Dave. :)

I also agree that we must not sell him.  We need him to remain to help attract other world class players to the club, over the summer.

OK, I know we have always been rich and have always bought 'big' players, and I know we have been in Europe (Champs League or UEFA) for most of the last 11 years - and MAINLY, I know we are probably about to become "even richer".  However, we are not even in the UEFA Cup next season, so a lot of players that we (Ashley/Allerdyce) will need to attract, may well be put off by that situation.

So, we need Owen here, to act as a sort of 'magnet'.

Conversely, selling him now, would not only take away that magnet, but it would massively send the OPPOSITE message to exactly the sort of player we need to be recruiting.

The first Ashley/Allerdyce season, is going to be a difficult (transitional) one.

For these reasons, we really must not sell him, whether we (as individuals) like him (and his attitudes) or not!!

We need to move onward and up, not backward and down.

I'll never doubt Mickey's professionalism on the pitch.  He knows that's where his business is done and has always produced.  I just think it's a bit sad that he's got itchy feet when we've been s***, but part of the reason we're s**** is because we missed his goals.  No words there, just missing personel.  ;)

He was introduced as our 'saviour' by FF, the answer to Shearer retiring.  Huge f****** mistake. 

You need to move onwards and upwards and stop quoting your own post.  We seen it the first time.

Helpful, thank you.  Is it not possible to stick to talking about the issues? No harm was intended in emphasising a point previously made, in response to subsequent comments from others!

He was introduced as our 'saviour' by FF, the answer to Shearer retiring.  Huge fucking mistake. 

Aye, same with the fee being substantially larger than others were offering purely (IMO) so he would be our new 'RECORD SIGNING!'. :rolleyes:

Sure... I've been on topic throughout.

Fair points, Bonk, but I think the claims people have used to beat him with are shite. Like he should really refuse to go to the world cup cause he wasn't "match fit". That'll be what Wayne Rooney did then. Like it was actually his fault he got injured, when no one can actually claim that, as it's fucking baseless. However, the saviour thing isn't Owen's fault, that's a blabbering mouth's fault.

If they stuck to what you just said, there'd be a hell of a lot less arguments, cause what you stated is nothing but fact. Where as the rest... they make up bullshit.

He was introduced as our 'saviour' by FF, the answer to Shearer retiring.  Huge f****** mistake. 

Aye, same with the fee being substantially larger than others were offering purely (IMO) so he would be our new 'RECORD SIGNING!'. :rolleyes:

To be a fly on the wall during those weeks would have been immense.  Was it Freddy's brainchild or Soumess? Who played the bigger roll? 

It was exciting when we signed him, though.  God we're (at least I) fickle cunts. 

Guest mr quimbys beard

The fact is we need players who want to play for the toon not just for the wages.

The fact is we need players who want to play for the toon not just for the wages.

We don't, this is not a fact.  If you want only players that want to player for the toon, then they're not going to be very good, because we're not exactly very appealing at the minute. Regardless of our new found expectations, people see the last 3 years as what they might get.

Sure... I've been on topic throughout.

Fair points, Bonk, but I think the claims people have used to beat him with are s****.  Like he should really refuse to go to the world cup cause he wasn't "match fit".  That'll be what Wayne Rooney did then.  Like it was actually his fault he got injured, when no one can actually claim that, as it's f****** baseless.  However, the saviour thing isn't Owen's fault, that's a blabbering mouth's fault.

If they stuck to what you just said, there'd be a hell of a lot less arguments, cause what you stated is nothing but fact.  Where as the rest... they make up bullshit.

He'd have been insane to miss out on the WC and I've never faulted him for it/the injury.  He was in better shape than Rooney, for fuck sakes, I agree.  It was a fluke and anybody could have done the same. 

We don't, this is not a fact.  If you want only players that want to player for the toon, then they're not going to be very good, because we're not exactly very appealing at the minute.  Regardless of our new found expectations, people see the last 3 years as what they might get.

Well, there was a decent finish to 1 of the 3 seasons.  Still, we've not lived up to expectations or even the supposed talent level.  Flashes of brilliance only make the matter worse.  We're left to think, why can't we

always play like that? 

As far as signing players who will only play for the shirt, it's next to impossible.  Too many foreign players have seen to that as with ridiculous wages.  Nowt that there's anything wrong with it, just the way it is. 

Same can be said of martins to be honest. Not contributing much other than goals.

Isn't that a strikers job, to score goals?

Its ok for Owen to do nothing but score goals because he is worldclass but if thats all Martins contributes he is shit.

Apparently.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Same can be said of martins to be honest. Not contributing much other than goals.

Its ok for Owen to do nothing but score goals because he is worldclass but if thats all Martins contributes he is shit.

Apparently.

According to you

Apparently.

According to you

Do what now Gregory?

Arsenal - Can't afford a pot to piss in. Henry & Wenger uncertain of their future, Wenger would look elsewhere as the club would struggle with the fee nevermind his daft wages.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/arsenal/article1811322.ece

One of the most credible sports sites on the net said that Arsenal have £40 million to spend.

But i dont feel Arsenal will be after a striker in the summer! (Especially Owen).

Although i did see it once reported that Arsenal and England Physio Gary Lewin had been reporting back to Wenger about his injury status!

And yet:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/article1863879.ece

So on May 19th, The Times says that Arsenal have £40m to spend. 12 days later, the same paper says that Arsenal have £15m to spend. Is it any wonder that people don't believe the press?

I think Arsenal will have more than this, definately, Arsene last season broke even on transfers so surely he will have last seasons plus this seasons which is at most 15 per season i think, but that is a different thread, this thread is that nobody wants Owen off the Toon hands!

Another thing in responce to the second article, pompey, 5 mill your having a laugh, bloody journo's ruin the summer with hope and let downs!

Skip 2 months anyone?

Guest Invicta_Toon

I don't care if Fat Sam Allardyce causes a little bit of sticky liquid to emerge from Owen's bell-end

sign a new contract or fuck right off!

Arsenal - Can't afford a pot to piss in. Henry & Wenger uncertain of their future, Wenger would look elsewhere as the club would struggle with the fee nevermind his daft wages.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/arsenal/article1811322.ece

One of the most credible sports sites on the net said that Arsenal have £40 million to spend.

But i dont feel Arsenal will be after a striker in the summer! (Especially Owen).

Although i did see it once reported that Arsenal and England Physio Gary Lewin had been reporting back to Wenger about his injury status!

And yet:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/article1863879.ece

So on May 19th, The Times says that Arsenal have £40m to spend. 12 days later, the same paper says that Arsenal have £15m to spend. Is it any wonder that people don't believe the press?

And today:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premiership/arsenal/article1867947.ece

Arsenal are skint.

Official, The Times finally catches up with Toon's Taylor.  O0