David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

Rozehnal certainly ages quicky, two days ago he was 25 now he is 27.

Another Oba, I think he is 26 and will be 27 in July.

Darren Bent ages even more quickly, this is from the BBC rumours mill:

"Charlton striker Darren Bent will join West Ham for £18m in a deal that will net the 28-year-old £80,000 a week. (Daily Star)"

That's five years in a day, if he continues ageing in that speed he'll almost be 350 years old when the new season kicks off! :)

Sorry for the off topic:)

don't know if this has been posted but some allardyce quotes here, also touches on other transfer business, from the journal:

“We have shown an interest in David Rozenhal, but that is about as far as it has gone at this stage,” said Allardyce about a player he watched in the Czech Republic’s goalless draw with Wales earlier this month. “A transfer isn’t imminent or anything like that.

“There has been some contact but it hasn’t gone any further than that. The problem is, it’s very difficult to keep things quiet when you are speaking to agents.” Allardyce’s problems are summed up by the behaviour of Rozenhal’s representatives who suggested last week that their client was destined for Tyneside.

Paris St Germain also indicated a deal with the Magpies was likely – possibly to force Dortmund’s hand – on Monday, despite the fact the clubs are well apart in their valuation of the Czech international. That has prompted the player’s agent to claim that Rozenhal now favours a move to Germany.

“Both clubs are high-quality ones and both competitions are very good,” said Rozenhal’s spokesman Pavel Zika. “I think that he slightly prefers Dortmund, but I don’t want to speak for him. The discussions with the clubs will be decisive.”

While Allardyce has admitted an interest in Rozenhal and Ben Haim, he has been bewildered by some of the other names linked with Newcastle in recent days. He added: “Everyone knows that we are on the look-out for players and, unfortunately, that means we are going to be linked with a lot of names this summer. But, as far as I am concerned, the stories linking us with Tunçay Sanli and Ludovic Giuly are agent talk.

“My main priority at the moment is signing defensive players and that is where we are looking to strengthen. We want to get that department right before we start looking at other areas. We are very interested in Ben Haim, but he is getting ready for his wedding next weekend. It is something I will be chasing up this week.”

good news that fixing the defence doesn't seem to be the end of transfer business. hopefully once we've got enforcements in for our backline we'll spend big on an attacking player or two.

To be fair if Sam admitted he made a bid that would encourage outher clubs to bid then your involved in a bidding war. So you dont alway believe what people tell the press.

how does it lead to a bidding war...if the player wants one club over the other the selling club take it or leave it,the days of bidding wars are long gone.

But it may interest other clubs where the player could favour a move alsewhere.

who may offer even less and the selling club is left in the same postion,if the player wants to leave for a particular club,accept what they have offered or not,regardless of what others have offered.

To be fair if Sam admitted he made a bid that would encourage outher clubs to bid then your involved in a bidding war. So you dont alway believe what people tell the press.

Believe it or not clubs do not have SSN on all day to find out what a players situation is. They ring up the club and find out the situation.

Believe it or not clubs do not have SSN on all day to find out what a players situation is. They ring up the club and find out the situation.

'cough'..agent..'cough'

There was a bit in Dortmund's regional press yesterday with original quotes from Dortmund officials. They say they might seek new talks with PSG (indicating that they haven't been in contact recently). According to them they know that Rozenhal is still interested in a move to Dortmund. They describe the transfer as "not very likely" though.

http://www.westline.de/fussball/bvb/index.php

Dortmund have had a 4m Euro bid for Corluka from Zagreb rejected. So it depends now on if they increase the offers for either Rozenhal or Corluka or look for a different player.

We should look at Corluka, i've heard many positive things about him although admittedly never seen him play.

Is he playing in the under 21's atm?

Dortmund have had a 4m Euro bid for Corluka from Zagreb rejected. So it depends now on if they increase the offers for either Rozenhal or Corluka or look for a different player.

We should look at Corluka, i've heard many positive things about him although admittedly never seen him play.

Is he playing in the under 21's atm?

He's Croatian and already a full international. Played against England. I have never paid interest in his performances though. I just know from some Croatians that he is really rated highly at home (but they rate more or less everyone very highly).

ITK blokey from skunkers is claiming he has had a medical, agreed terms and a fee of £3m has been agreed.

I'd believe him 100%

Same here, he hasn't been wrong on anything I have seen from him.