David Rozehnal

Guest Darth Toon

Guest Big Spam

I like the bit about him being their player of the year..!

Not sure where they get this from but its good that he is their best plyer if nothing more!!

nufc.com

Borussia Dortmund were in pole position to capture the signing of David Rozehnal, we understand that the defender is close to making the switch to Tyneside.

The Czech international defender who turns 27 next month is currently on the books of Paris St.Germain where he's the current player of the year.

More news as we get it.

Guest Big Spam

nufc.com

Borussia Dortmund were in pole position to capture the signing of David Rozehnal, we understand that the defender is close to making the switch to Tyneside.

The Czech international defender who turns 27 next month is currently on the books of Paris St.Germain where he's the current player of the year.

More news as we get it.

ooops, think I read the whole thread bar that page..

I like the bit about him being their player of the year..!

Not sure where they get this from but its good that he is their best plyer if nothing more!!

Its been posted in this thread a few times, he was also picked in the French leagues team of the season.

Did anyone here saw Rozehnal play?

I never saw him, but from what i heard he makes too many mistakes/blunders and is not the most solid defender in the world.

Wouldnt be too gutted if we miss out on signing him.

I've never seen him play.  But I'd definitely question how a defender that makes lots of defensive mistakes could possibly be voted player of the season..

If the rest of the team is a mixture of Ramage and Pattison?

Is the french league made up of Ramages and Pattisons then because he made that team of the season aswell.

Ive never seen him, dont get the chance to watch any of the french league either. I wasnt saying they do have a team of Ramages or Pattisons either, even Sunderland arent that blessed.

I haven't really much knowledge of Rozehnal as an individual, only that he is part of an excellent Czech back four, in a team which value teamwork and work ethic.

The Czechs are a Boltonesque side as such, and the hope would be that Rozehnal is being signed to become part of a well drilled unit, as seen with Bolton and the Czech Republic.

I haven't really much knowledge of Rozehnal as an individual, only that he is part of an excellent Czech back four, in a team which value teamwork and work ethic.

The Czechs are a Boltonesque side as such, and the hope would be that Rozehnal is being signed to become part of a well drilled unit, as seen with Bolton and the Czech Republic.

Gab Marcotti sang his praises tonight on the rumour mill... Thought he would make a good number 2 CH to play alongside a stronger more agressive partner. Very quick and comfortable on the ball... guess he'd be worth £5-6mil so could be getting a bargain if all is true.

Gab Marcotti sang his praises tonight on the rumour mill... Thought he would make a good number 2 CH to play alongside a stronger more agressive partner. Very quick and comfortable on the ball... guess he'd be worth £5-6mil so could be getting a bargain if all is true.

If there is one thing that I certainly noticed in the Czech game against Wales it was his speed. Very fluid athlete.

Where is this exactly?

If we get him we get him, if we don't we don't. It's not the end of the world. Allardyce has let 3 centre halves go a month ago and knows he needs to replace them. He'll draft them in and we'll be ok. Rozenhal may or may not be one of them but I'll trust the boss to plug the gaps. He's not thick and he knows what he's doing - let him get on with it.  >:(

*directed at no-one in particular btw.*

If we get him we get him, if we don't we don't. It's not the end of the world. Allardyce has let 3 centre halves go a month ago and knows he needs to replace them. He'll draft them in and we'll be ok. Rozenhal may or may not be one of them but I'll trust the boss to plug the gaps. He's not thick and he knows what he's doing - let him get on with it.  >:(

People are desperate for signings mate, it's the same every year. Only difference is now they actually believe in the guy making them, so they are as gluttonous as can be. :)

Where is this exactly?

I talked to one of my PSG friends and he said exactly the same thing. Said he wasnt perfect, gave away a few fouls in daft positions but was good on the ball. I think i posted it on another forum.

People are desperate for signings mate, it's the same every year. Only difference is now they actually believe in the guy making them, so they are as gluttonous as can be. :)

It'll be off the scale if Ashley gets his hand in his pocket.

Totally agree but the melodrama is getting ridiculous. Especially when you consider that the vast majority of posters on this board hadn't even heard of the bloke 10 days ago, let alone seen him play!

Guest Knightrider

Sam must have been scouting him for a while and obviously sees something good in him he can more than work with otherwise he wouldn't sign him. God it's all exciting this, for me anyway, signing players I've never heard or seen play, makes any signing of this nature that more exciting and raises the anticipation levels further. You never know he could turn out to be an Olof Melberg, a Haim, or a Vidic. Likewise he could turn out to be another Dabizas... which may not be a bad thing in terms of squad building.