England v Brazil

Guest BooBoo

Guest gggg

I think Mcclaren will be the worst manager in history, but i never wanted Sven to go  :tickedoff:

McGinog is just Sven without the scandal.

I think he's worse.  You could guarentee something with Sven, whatever people say, we weren't as bad as we are under McClaren.  The two are lightyears apart.

I think people are confusing Sven's good work with Tord Grips training methods.

Sven took a serious nose dive when Grip had a heart attack and wasn't able to train the team anymore.

When did we nosedive? we pretty much played the same way all through Svens reign apart from the 5-1 against Germany.

Beat all the minnows and teams worse than us, get to the quarter finals of tournaments then go out to teams better than us.

I think Mcclaren will be the worst manager in history, but i never wanted Sven to go  :tickedoff:

I think he's worse.  You could guarentee something with Sven, whatever people say, we weren't as bad as we are under McClaren.  The two are lightyears apart.

Sven took a serious nose dive when Grip had a heart attack and wasn't able to train the team anymore.

How much exactly do top players need trained in the week leading upto a match? All they do in international training is light stuff and tactical training. I seriously doubt Grip made a great deal of difference.

Player, coach and manager relationships are complicated.

Its not about the intensity at that level, what its about is the quality. Sven could relate to some player by speaking them, others need to be communicated through training, some like Rooney barely understand English, but know football, and when players feel that they are learning they instantly respect those above.

Its like knowing you know more than yuor boss, see how long that relationship keeps working for.

Its why in the end GR couldn't hack it, he couldn't communicate with the players and couldn't even train them.

My opinion, and why Tord Grip & Sven worked so well until Grip took a back seat, McClaren stepped up and it all fell apart, because McClaren is just another Sven.

When did we nosedive? we pretty much played the same way all through Svens reign apart from the 5-1 against Germany.

Beat all the minnows and teams worse than us, get to the quarter finals of tournaments then go out to teams better than us.

For me at least performance dropped even though the players were better individually than ever, i just remember at the time Grip wasn't training the team anymore and that thought has remained with me, Grip was as much involved and responsible for England as Sven was.

I think Mcclaren will be the worst manager in history, but i never wanted Sven to go :tickedoff:

I think he's worse. You could guarentee something with Sven, whatever people say, we weren't as bad as we are under McClaren. The two are lightyears apart.

What dip? We got to the exact same stage the last three tournaments, and played equally as bad each and every time.

I think you're confusing your opinions with fact.

What dip?  We got to the exact same stage the last three tournaments, and played equally as bad each and every time.

I think you're confusing your opinions with fact.

Horrific performances by the end of his reign, or was i watching a different England team? It got worse and worse, it was average to poor in the middle of his England stint, but by the end it was an embarrasing waste of talent.

Is my memory deceiving me here?  :undecided:

Guest nufc_geordie

For me the team tonight should be:

--------------------------------------Robinson-------------------------------------

Carragher--------------Terry---------------King------------------------Shorey

Beckham---------------Carrick------------Gerrard--------------------Cole

---------------------------Owen--------------Crouch----------------------------------

England's problem as has been the case at domestic level for many years until recently is that everyone seems to believe all this patient, slow tempo b*llsh*t. English teams are at their best when they are attacking and aggressive. The best thing that can normally happen to England e.g. germany (a), is the opposition score. It upsets people and the tactics go out of the window, we attack and cause teams many problems.

The unfortunate problem England have had with this was the belief by Sven and now in seems Big Red Faced Stevo that we play one upfront. With a single player upfront and the rest normal midfielders there is nothing up tops to hold the ball or influence play, so even if you try to attack, there is not the support there to implement a sustained attack on the opposition.

Guest Stephen927

I've actually strangely been looking forward to this since Wednesday.

I don't expect anything difference in our performance tonight than in our last few qualifiers, McClaren will set out to defend first and foremost, meaning we'll be under pressure for most of the match. Beckham will probably score a freekick or something, meaning England win and the media bandwagon begins about us being nailed to qualify and then win Euro 2008

Vagnar Love (AKA the coolest guy ever) is starting for Brazil..

Certainly a cool name.

Can't beat my man, Razak Pimpong.  Vagner Love is good, though.

Has the starting 11 been posted yet?

Guest graemeh72

England Owen England Owen England Owen England Owen England Owen England Owen

argggghhhhhhh

please block my ears up with dairylea so i don't get to hear any more England Owen crap

We are going to get creamed, the ginger knob has not got a clue and should never have been given the job, its a shame he won't be sacked after this match even if they beat us 10-0 his job is safe.

Guest graemeh72

I want to see some class football being played and lots of goals .....

so if I'm being realistic is akin to saying that I want Brazil to win 6-0

ok

I want Brazil to win 6-0

I won £170 last night on a lucky 15.  I'm sticking a 10a on Beckham, and £20 on home away or draw.  What do yous think?  I think we can win.  Still undecided though.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

This might annoy some people but it won't bother me if we get battered. In fact I would actively encourage it. It could mean getting a decent manager and you've got to love them magical brazilian players. Might be shit due to the pitch though :(

Everyone is predicting a one sided Brazil win.

Rule of thumb says that the majority is diot (that's why bookies always win) so my prediction is a tight win for England.

2-1 to England (Owen, Gerrard, Kaka)

For all you out there this will be the Brazilian starting XI Starting with the goalkeeper:

-----------------------------------------Helton

Daniel Alves ------------------Naldo----------Juan-------------------- Gilberto

-----------------------------------Mineiro---Gilberto Silva

---------------------------Kaka------------------------------------Ronaldinho

------------------------------------Robinho---Love

Guest graemeh72

Its probably going to be non-contact tonight don't you think ?

(I'm sure somebody will pull me up at 9.55pm)