Javier Saviola

KaKa

Completely forgot this guy was on a free!

Linked to Man U in tomorrows News of the World. So I guess it might be either him or Anelka as a cheaper option for their vacant striker position.

I think it is very possible that no one is interested in Michael Owen as there just seem to be so many other options out there. Players who have been fit and producing in the last couple of seasons unlike Owen.

Maybe Freddy was being honest when he said no one was interested even for the reported £9 million fee. I guess this makes his agents efforts to tout him around all the more understandable.

At a guess I would imagine the following ...

Eto'o to Arsenal in a swap for Henry.

Anelka to Man U.

Saviola to Liverpool.

McCarthy to Chelsea.

Owen? Well ... certainly looks like he will be back with us next season, wether he likes it or not.

Guest eyeball_tickler

"Saviola is set to quit Barcelona this month on a Bosman free, paving the way for a possible move to Old Trafford for less than £7 million."

is that as stupid as i think it is?

"Saviola is set to quit Barcelona this month on a Bosman free, paving the way for a possible move to Old Trafford for less than £7 million."

Unless it is a gentlemanly agreement like Arse and Barca were gonna do over Henry. Yes.

signing-on fee?

The guy has talent, its just a shame he's a pecker.

He'd struggle to make an impact in this league, has enough pace, but is one of th weakest players in Spain.

We've got ball-boys who are stronger than him.

I'll say it again....Zigic or Berbatov for me

Zigic? i dont want him. Would be quite expensive and iwould rather go for Viduka. Then after that i think we should look more at midfielders and defenders (especially)

Berbatov? Are you kidding me? What do some people believe when they mention some players like many does here at this forum...

Guest king harry

saviola is the second highest earner at the club, which is the stumbling block for most clubs getting him on a free.

Guest khyberpass

Zigic is poor and was terrible at the world cup.

Poor at World Cup - YES

Poor at Spanish League - cobblers! Came in at Xmas and scored 12, assists 8, fouls leading to penalties 5 (he didn't take penalties). Racing were a  team in the bottom 3 when he joined them! Now in 10th ...and were still in running for Europe up until 2 weeks ago!

His stats are the highest of any striker in La Liga for 2nd half of season...so that is poor,eh?

Get your FACTS straight !

As for Berbatov - likelihood is small; but he is only on £22k a week (ONLY!) at Spurs... 

Guest khyberpass

To be honest - re: Saviola, we've already got 3 small, fast men who can score - Owen, Martins and Dyer (scores 1 in every 3 shots!)....

Would rather see us buying a big fella to provide alternate threat...Sibierski, who is not a top striker, proved that a big man will get us goals. ]

No problem with any of the big men named - be it Klose, Viduka, Crouch, Zigic, Berbatov, Bent(not so big, but an amazing jumper).

Poor at World Cup - YES

Poor at Spanish League - cobblers! Came in at Xmas and scored 12, assists 8, fouls leading to penalties 5 (he didn't take penalties). Racing were a  team in the bottom 3 when he joined them! Now in 10th ...and were still in running for Europe up until 2 weeks ago!

His stats are the highest of any striker in La Liga for 2nd half of season...so that is poor,eh?

As for Berbatov - likelihood is small; but he is only on £22k a week (ONLY!) at Spurs... 

You said he came in at xmas in another thread, im' sure he joined straight after the world cup 06.

Are you sure about this as i've chekced and every where is reporting he had joined in August 06 and has played 32 games in the league, which is impossible if he joined at xmas time.

For example:

His stats:

http://home.skysports.com/player.aspx?plid=24532&clid=189&cpid=23

The day he signed:

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=413074&plid=24532&clid=189&cpid=23

Wiki confirms both (although that mean nowt)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_%C5%BDigi%C4%87

To bring to the Prem, it would be Klose for me, funny though how all the hype surrounding him has died down. The only club I have seen him linked with is Bayern, I suppose he would be tempted with a move away from Germany but could we tempt him?

Poor at World Cup - YES

I think Berbatov has just signed a 5 year contract doubling his money.

Berbatov won't be mving anywhere anytime soon, Spurs have been really lucky to sign him and for him to turn out to be a such loyal player, he could pick his club without any trouble at all but ha's agree'd a new deal with the Spuds. It will be interesting to see what kind of season he has this time around though, if he has another one like this one then I can see stupidly massive bids coming in for him..

I would love us to go for Klose...Why not try...

I agree but I still think he will choose Bayern over us, although Bayern want Emre of us, so agree to the deal as long as they back off and let us talk to Klose :D

I would love us to go for Klose...Why not try...

I agree but I still think he will choose Bayern over us, although Bayern want Emre of us, so agree to the deal as long as they back off and let us talk to Klose :D

Nearly 30, contract running out and didn't do too well this season in the league (15 goals) i cant see his club demanding much for him.

Guest Triglett

Anyone see Berbatov's first goal for Bulgaria last night? Dribbled through about 4 players before stroking it into the back of the net *drools*

Still can't believe he's a Spurs player  :smitten:

I get the feeling that Zigic wouldn't be such a success in the Premiership. He's a lanky b******, but isn't particularly good in the air and has very little presence. It's almost like a disadvantage for him.

Anyone see Berbatov's first goal for Bulgaria last night? Dribbled through about 4 players before stroking it into the back of the net *drools*

Still can't believe he's a Spurs player  :smitten:

I get the feeling that Zigic wouldn't be such a success in the Premiership. He's a lanky b******, but isn't particularly good in the air and has very little presence. It's almost like a disadvantage for him.

Totally agreed.

Like i said in another thread we might as well go for Crouch who technically is a much better player and would cost the same.