The future chairman of NUFC

ChezGiven
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumours all over the place, two further hats have been mentioned as being in the ring. The club's future has not been so uncertain for years.

Who would you prefer to be owned by? Who sounds like the best future owner of the club and why?

Guest VegasToon

I heard a rumor tht Bill Gates is going to put in an offer and replace Northern Rock with Microsoft as the sponsor. 

I wonder how long it will take the Sun to print this?  :razz:

If he was prepared to throw as much money at us as he has at the XBox brand then Bill would be very welcome :D  I wonder what Sam would do with £4 billion to spend in the next few seasons :lol:

But seriously, out of the people mentioned it has to be Mike Ashley.  Does anyone actually disagree with that?

EDIT: Apparently not, just seen the poll.

Guest Ridzuan

Bill Gates to take over us? That would be a dream come true.Anyway back to the topic,I guess it will be Mikey because I havnt heard too much about the other 2 person before.

Guest sicko2ndbest

TOON JOB FOR DEIN

By Martin Hardy

DAVID DEIN is set to be offered a stunning return to football as Newcastle's new chief executive.

Billionaire Mike Ashley, now believed to own more than 50 per cent of the Toon, wants the former Arsenal vice-chairman to take over all football matters at St James' Park.

Ashley has a five-year plan to turn Newcastle into major players in European football and wants Dein to have complete control of changing the internal structure of the club.

The pair are near neighbours in Hertfordshire and Ashley believes Dein has the experience to turn Newcastle around.

A Toon source told People Sport: "The new man wants to bring in David Dein. He will be given the tools to turn Newcastle into a major force."

Guest graemeh72

look at Kenyon - Man U fan, but he was happy to go to Chelsea.

Dein would be a good choice, he knows how to run a club properly.

Kenyon is marketer first and foremost - before a specific fan

He was at Umbro (who sponsored Man U) and then got the Man U job - Umbro also sponsored Chelsea, so he ended up there too.

Best job, best money - nowt to do with who Kenyon supported

Again, not a very convincing rumour. Dein is out of a job, he lives near Ashley, Ashley needs a Chief Exec, therefore.......

I think the guy has got a fair bit of ability, but Dein at Newcastle somehow feels like a square peg in a round hole.

There was talk of someone who already had a connection with Newcastle, and I wonder if it might be Freddie Fletcher. Can we start an official rumour on him?

Again, not a very convincing rumour. Dein is out of a job, he lives near Ashley, Ashley needs a Chief Exec, therefore.......

I think the guy has got a fair bit of ability, but Dein at Newcastle somehow feels like a square peg in a round hole.

There was talk of someone who already had a connection with Newcastle, and I wonder if it might be Freddie Fletcher. Can we start an official rumour on him?

There's more to the Dein rumour than you think.

Where the fuck has Tom Hunter sprung from? He's the avid Rangers fan always giving them a bit of his wealth when he feels they're needing it. Rather not have him, would be off to Rangers the second Murray decides he's had enough.  Which isn't far away.

I know its completely unlikely but I always hoped that Keegan would have some input at that level.

I know he doesnt have a businessmans head like all other chairman are but I think his knowledge of how decisions affect the fans and the city would be good.

FF!!??  Heaven forbid..!!!! Dein is a VERY shrewd and clever operator, with fingers in lots of pies(NOT Greggs...!)

He would be a formidable choice as Chairman PROVIDED he has severed his links with Arsenal ; I am not yet convinced that he is not still beavering away in the background, trying to resurrect the takeover of Arsenal with the Americans - he has been deeply involved with the Gooners for many years now, and I would imagine his loyalties are firmly Red & White - only if he has become convinced that Hill-Wood's grip could never be loosened would he give up and think of being involved with another club. IF-IF that were the case, we ARE a tempting target for him ; we have a much greater chance of rivalling Man Ure's crowds

in a bigger stadium than Arsenal do...its a fascinating prospect.

Poll edited for Dein.

Surely Dein is included in a vote for Ashley.

Who are the jokers voting for Hunter and Xu Ming?  Come on people give us your reasons, don't just vote anonymously.

My preference is for Ashley, the bloke has declared his interest and now others are starting to come out of the woodwork, at least the press are bringing them out of the woodwork.  Ashley has given us hope and I can't see him ever bringing the name of the club down to the levels that others have.

Ashley is my choice, I'd prefer not to be owned by the Chinese anyway, I don't trust them although that could be more down to perception than fact.

Guest gggg

I want Ashley in and soon as, doesnt matter how much the others have or how much they say they'll spend. Just get it over with.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

My preference is for Ashley, the bloke has declared his interest and now others are starting to come out of the woodwork, at least the press are bringing them out of the woodwork.  Ashley has given us hope and I can't see him ever bringing the name of the club down to the levels that others have.

Ashley is my choice, I'd prefer not to be owned by the Chinese anyway, I don't trust them although that could be more down to perception than fact.

Neither do I. I ordered Special udon noodles the other day and I get chow mein? What the fuck's that about?

Neither do I. I ordered Special udon noodles the other day and I get chow mein? What the f***'s that about?

Exactly, if they get the club you'll order a home shirt and be delivered a keyring, don't trust them.

Neither do I. I ordered Special udon noodles the other day and I get chow mein? What the fuck's that about?

Because Udon noodles are Japanese probably....

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Are they fuck. They gave me the chow mein and I say "What is this shit?" then he gets dead lippy, "YOU ORDER SHIT, YOU EAT SHIT!" :lol: