Mikel Arteta

SUPERTOON

Tuncay-Emre-Barton-Milner

My midfield would outclass that midfield over a season imo

But mine would only cost around £5m

Who's the holding player? Teams would just walk straight through the center.

Look. I'm only trying to make a semi-realistic midfield. If we have as much money to spend as we think we have:

Tuncay

??                              Milner

Appiah

If you are going to play 4 in midfield with tuncay as an attacking midfielder then i do feel that Appiah will have some running to do  ;)

Well FM says he has good stamina, so I wouldnt worry about that  :rolleyes:

Thread has turned into bollocks a bit.

But Arteta isn't at all an unrealistic target for us if Ashley can gain full control over the club fairly promptly and hand Sam a decent transfer kitty. Whether we'll target him is another matter, but I'd be very happy to see him here, class player.

Think I read that West Ham were gonna try to get Johnson and Arteta from Everton for 30mill£!!  :idiot2: I think it was in BBCs gossip.

That is the same as one Schevchenko would cost!

Would love Arteta to play for us, but I am afraid he is far too expensive... Didn't know WH had that kind of money.

But while we are talking about midfields:

Saviola

Zoggo                            Milner

Yaya Toure

Maybe Saviola is unrealistic, but I think he would be mint! Use him in the same role as for Argentina in the World Cup behind the strikers.

Think I read that West Ham were gonna try to get Johnson and Arteta from Everton for 30mill£!!  :idiot2: I think it was in BBCs gossip.

That is the same as one Schevchenko would cost!

Would love Arteta to play for us, but I am afraid he is far too expensive... Didn't know WH had that kind of money.

But while we are talking about midfields:

Saviola

Zoggo                            Milner

Yaya Toure

Maybe Saviola is unrealistic, but I think he would be mint! Use him in the same role as for Argentina in the World Cup behind the strikers.

Hell that team would be overrun all the time. The players will have to defend as a unit. Is Toure going to do all this?

Guest khyberpass

Linked with West Ham in the papers.

If we were to be taken over we could afford him would he be a good choice for our midfield.??

Duff  Arteta Barton Milner???

Clearly he is a good choice.

As for West ham, apparently they "expect" a £40M transfer fund.....(makes you think they do get cash for Tevez?)

I still think its worth us pursuing...not only does it strengthen our side, but it weakens one of the sides we need to overhaul...

good strategic purchase.

Even if Everton were convinced to sell to us (which they wouldn't be) he'd cost about £10m imo. No chance.

How do you figure?

A quality CM who can pass the ball very well has got to be very near the top of our list of needs this summer, if we've a decent transfer kitty I don't see spending 10m on one player as being that unrealistic.

Personally don't think it will happen, as I reckon Allardyce will fancy that he can get some good performances out of Emre in that role.

Even if Everton were convinced to sell to us (which they wouldn't be) he'd cost about £10m imo. No chance.

How do you figure?

A quality CM who can pass the ball very well has got to be very near the top of our list of needs this summer, if we've a decent transfer kitty I don't see spending 10m on one player as being that unrealistic.

Personally don't think it will happen, as I reckon Allardyce will fancy that he can get some good performances out of Emre in that role.

If this takeover thing happens, and in time to give us some silly money to play with (which as i've said before I think people are getting slightly carried away with) then spending that on him isn't out of the question I suppose, no.

I just don't see why they would sell him, and to us in particular. He's one of their star players now, and we're hardly better than them at this point in time. He's hardly going to put in a transfer request to come to us is he, like he would to go to Man U etc?

Can't see it happening.

How do you figure?

If this takeover thing happens, and in time to give us some silly money to play with (which as i've said before I think people are getting slightly carried away with) then spending that on him isn't out of the question I suppose, no.

I just don't see why they would sell him, and to us in particular. He's one of their star players now, and we're hardly better than them at this point in time. He's hardly going to put in a transfer request to come to us is he, like he would to go to Man U etc?

Can't see it happening.

But if we had "silly money" then surely we'd immediately become a much better proposition than Everton at this moment in time, no?

For the record I don't see us signing Arteta either.

How do you figure?

Can't see it happening.

But if we had "silly money" then surely we'd immediately become a much better proposition than Everton at this moment in time, no?

For the record I don't see us signing Arteta either.

Not necessarily. And we've got a pretty shitty record of attracting players who come just for the money already...

Milner Tuncay Asamoah Gyan

Butt

And Viduka up top on his own I suppose?

We'd be rubbish.

:lol: Asamoah Gyan is one player.

Add: anyway since we're having silly season... this would be my dream midfield quartet.

Duff Lucho Gonzalez Alou Diarra Arteta

I think Arteta would be better on the right than in the middle.

ps - Lucho Gonzalez is one player, Alou Diarra as well, before someone thinks its a 6 man midfield. :lol:

Arteta isn't going anywhere.

This newspaper story was lifted from a first time poster on a West Ham forum claiming they are going to sign Johnson, Arteta AND Cahill :lol::lol::lol:

If you read the Mirror today there is absolutely no substance to it, no figures are mentioned, no quotes (not even from "an inside source") and outside of the attention grabbing headline the two players are barely mentioned in the entire full page article.

In fact there's more about Mark Viduka in there than Arteta & Johnson.