Le Sib dig at Freddy

Skirge

Just been on SSN, he was very disapointed at what the Chairman offerd him as a contract..

He did much better than I expected, but if Owen & Ameobi was fit all season he wouldn't have got a game.  With Viduka joining us he surely isn't needed?

I thought he did better than shola when he played.  He was far better at linking up with martins

Just been on SSN, he was very disapointed at what the Chairman offerd him as a contract..

He did much better than I expected, but if Owen & Ameobi was fit all season he wouldn't have got a game.  With Viduka joining us he surely isn't needed?

I thought he did better than shola when he played.  He was far better at linking up with martins

How, just HOW can you even begin to make a fair judgement such as that, when you consider Shola played about 2 and a half minutes all season, and was crocked during it?

He's not the best in the world but people are just unfair to Shola tbh. If there was ever a pinnacle figure in guiding us to seventh that season, other than the Roeder influence, it was Ameobi. Possibly Solano, but still.

A fully fit Shola would have scored 12-15 goals this season.

Doubt it. Though merely down to Roeder's tactics, rather than Shola's inability to score many goals. Roeder was intent on playing long ball when Shola was in the side. The lad's injury could have been a blessing in disguise.

Saying that... he'd already got 5.

Doubt it. Though merely down to Roeder's tactics, rather than Shola's inability to score many goals. Roeder was intent on playing long ball when Shola was in the side. The lad's injury could have been a blessing in disguise.

That's what I mean. He'd have easily scored at least the same again from then until May even in a crap season.

How, just HOW can you even begin to make a fair judgement such as that, when you consider Shola played about 2 and a half minutes all season, and was crocked during it?

He's not the best in the world but people are just unfair to Shola tbh. If there was ever a pinnacle figure in guiding us to seventh that season, other than the Roeder influence, it was Ameobi. Possibly Solano, but still.

Stroller has been playing for Newcastle for 4-5 years now.

If you can't decide by now if he's good enough .......

He's not a premiership quality player, or good enough for the aspirations that NUFC have, and IMO it was obvious before he''d even played 2 or 3 games

That's what I mean. He'd have easily scored at least the same again from then until May even in a crap season.

Aye probably. But he'd have been unspectacular due to the tactics and had the shit ripped out of him cos of it. That's what i meant really.

It's sad that a player like Sib who at least gave it his best can't be kept on, rather than some of the complete wastes of space that we have paid good money to over the years, some of which are still here, including the bloke who's place he took, that still talks a good game but strolls around like he couldn't care less half the time.

Did you grow up watching guys like Wharton,Davie Mc, Peter Jackson etc?

i was already grown up  ;D

Luque, Babayaro, Dyer etc could learn from those people mate

Peter Jackson was better than some of our recent centre halfs, and Dave McCreery would show people like Jeanarse what tackling is all about, and Parker how to stay on his feet trying to win the ball. Wharton would show Babayaro what a heart looks like too.

The Tin man could show Babayaro what heart is too.

In fact the cowardly lion could do wonders with Dyer, the scarecrow could help Carr & Ramage out with the brains department and Dorothy could give Martins some new shiny red boots which would take him home in a flash, and he wont keep getting lost in airports.

Won't even attempt to argue with NE5 or anything, not worth it. Sorry - no offense, but i just can't be arsed.

no offense and I don;t want an argument either mate.....

but after 4-5 years, a couple of games now is pretty insignificant

haha seen his interview on SSN?

"I know I'm not the best footballer in the world".

Oh, come on Antoine, stop being so modest!

Reminds me of the comments of another one of your former players:

"In countries like Spain, a player of my talent would have the team built

around them," said LuaLua, who scored two goals last season.

For Portsmouth.

One of them was a penalty against Watford.

"I could be a real No10, when I watch Ronaldinho, I say to

myself, 'I can do what he's doing'. And it is annoying because

people don't see that I am as talented as him."

:lol:

Wow.

Just checked those quotes, they are actually genuine.

Harsh to compare that to what Sibierski's said mind, I think it's fair enough to let him go with thanks for what he did last year, but Lua Lua, I'm astonished at that. I can't stand the little bastard anyway.

Guest Ridzuan

Sib is a good honest lad but I cant blame Freddy for not giving him the contract that he wants for obvious reason of course.Hopefully he will have a good time with Wigan.

I was gutted and embarrassed when we signed him. Annoyed wasn't the word.

But the fella proved a lot of folk wrong chipping in with some decent goals and his honest approach to the game. He is though limited in his ability but not in his effort.

I'll not give him any shit if/when he plays against us.

Spot on imo. Top bloke, just happens to not be good enough. Doesn't stop him trying his hardest  and giving everything he can, which makes him the legend he is. Wigan is about his level and I've certainly got stronger feelings for him than I have our other player who's recently moved to the same club. All the best Panic Signing.

Looking at the article, at least part of the problem was that Roeder led him to think he'd get a two year deal, and then Freddie offered one year. The latest in a long series of examples of the Chairman and Manager at our club not working together properly.

Hopefully, the situation will improve after the Ashley takeover.